Earlier tonight, I called together a community meeting last minute. We had a good turnout, with a good 10-12 people showing up in TeamSpeak.
The main focus of this community meeting was to discuss the topic of the shutdown of the website. This meeting was extremely helpful, after working through many solutions, we've come to a conclusion. I'm glad we had such a good turn out and were so cooperative in working together to find what I think is the best solution to this issue.
In the topic Classixz started in which he announced the closing of the UndeadUprising website, he mentioned someone stepping up to take his place in managing the clan. We have reached a solution to this problem. Two members of the community are willing to step up to take over the website as well as manage the clan. I've recently been talking with Stoner and he has told me that he would be willing to re-license the website. Now, that's only half of the problem.
I am willing to step up and manage UndeadUprising. After school ends, I will have the necesarry time (and hopefully necessary resources) to manage UndeadUprising. With Classixz permission, I would take the position of community manager, and Stoner the position of website administrator. I think I speak for both of us when I say our interests are that of whats best for the clan. I have been playing ZAM for over a year, and have been a member for nearly 11 months, I would hate for this to be the end. I'm not saying that it is, because in no way is ZAM or UU dying, but the closing of the website would start it. The UU website is a hub of communication for both staff members and the community. Not to mention the store, website reports, prism, and support tickets are all features that would disappear along with the website. I don't want this to happen, as long as I'm here I am going to do everything within my power to keep UndeadUprising, the website, and ZAM alive and running as smooth as possible.
But what does this all mean? How will this affect the clan, the staff and the community?
- I would take over as community manager, subsequently manage the community and keep things running smoothly, much like Classixz' current position,
- Stoner will become the manager of the website and there will be no closure on June 18th
- Regarding the community, leadership will be more involved in decision making and in general
- Most importantly no one should be hateful towards Classixz in this situation, he will still be considered the founder of UndeadUprising and will still have authority in any decision made in the community
My whole point in making this post is to help the community, I would like both UU and ZAM to last as long as possible, and as previously mentioned, i will do everything within my power to do so.
Now that I've explained what will happen, how can we as a community get there?
- I am going to as that we all keep a positive attitude in this situation, ZAM is not dying, UU is not dying, there is nothing to worry about
- Be supportive of the current and prospective staff and leadership of UU, everyone is trying everything they can, with only the interests of the community in mind.
- Do NOT spam Classixz (or anyone else for that matter) telling them, or trying to convince them to support this cause, I don't want this to turn into drama
OK, I'm sorry this took so long, but I needed to get my point acrossed. The only issue now is Classixz must approve of our plan, but he has been M.I.A. for the past few days, Stoner and myself have been trying to contact him for a few days now. Once we can get a response hopefully we can have a smooth transition of leadership.
I would like to thank @xStoner420x for stepping up to help me in this situation, @Classixz for everything he has done for our community, I truly appreciate it, ZAM is basically my second family. Also, I would like to thank everyone who attended the community meeting earlier tonight, even though it wasn't planned, I think it helped to clear a lot of this out, and get people's opinions out there.
Thank you all so much for reading, just know I am trying to everything I can to help the community, many of the things aforementioned have already been brought to Classixz attention, it can only get better from here on out.
A side note for Classixz: A meeting time needs to be set up soon. I am leaving for one week to go camping this Sunday