Mods & Modding

Gamerdog6482

As I posted in the shoutbox, I recently managed to download the mod tools for BO. I was surprised at the ease of use some of the features I've seen in mods actually is...such as a checkbox to make the weapon fire exploding bullets. It was uber-easy to make an FN FAL with a 5-round magazine, with no jamming, a lowered firecap, and absolutely no reload cancelling. Or a 4-round burst M16 with no recoil and double the damage. Or a bolt-action FAMAS.

Of course I can't actually test anything because my computer thinks the BO servers are down, but just having access to the game files was interesting. There were things there they I never knew - such as completely different firing mechanics for the Default Weapon, separate loading animations for the DP-28 and PTRS-41, two-round burst, that every weapon has a set "spin-up" time even though it's only represented on miniguns, etc.

So feel free to post shit about mods, modding, or just generally discuss hidden shit in the game files!

It's painstakingly hard

Here's what I'm trying to do:

Make the M16:

>4 Round Burst, not 3 Round

>RoF of a G11

>40 round magazine

>No recoil (visual recoil remains identical, actual recoil is zero - think ACR from MW2)

>No reload cancelling ("time until rounds remaining" is the same as "time until reload animation finishes")

>Damage buff (80-40 instead of 40-30)

I followed the tutorial to the letter from Neoseeker, but I load up the mod and none of the changes happen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

As a side note, if you launch BO from the mod tools instead of Steam it won't connect to the servers. Which, of course, means I can never run the mod in developer mode.