ZAM v1.8. - Ideas thread

Ramsy

So after playing the mod now for pretty much a month ive got some ideas for the next update.

AA12: move it to a specific class so it can't be bought by everyone, right now it's too much of a GG weapon for any camping spots.

Raven: There's a few different ways to balance this class so people don't abuse forcefield while camping, the different things i've heard from some people are to either make it so the raven class has a maximum amount of cades they can place, for example 3.

I had another thought the other day, what if you make it so that the Forcefield "aura" also damages cades? so every time it hits, it also hits nearby cades for the amount of damage a normal zombie punch would do. that would make it so you can camp with raven, but buying forcefield is a death sentence.

C4: i personally have some pretty strong feelings towards c4, I understand it's used by MVP's in the beginning to kill themselves with, but the fact that it costs 50 points, and it does such a huge amount of damage and you can kill like 10-15 zombies with 1 of them is pretty absurd.

For example, you're attacking a survivor in a P-cade base, and you're dodging him when he's shooting at you and you're being smart while hitting the cades so you don't die, you're about to break through when all of a sudden, this spawn of Satan in the form of a C4 gets thrown out where you're standing, all hope is lost, you can see your life flashing before your eyes, it explodes and forms a smoke could in the form of "fuck you" as the survivor stands there cading his newly earned points and lives happily ever after.

So what i had in mind to fix it would be something simple like increasing the cost of it (as it's most annoying early game) or somehow reduce the damage or radius of it, and add some other item in the shop for people to suicide in the beginning.

Snipers: I think we can all agree that snipers are unbalanced, being 1 shot when you have 500hp is unfair, and if several people in the same place has a sniper that does 500 dmg, its pretty much GG. So what i had in mind is that the L96, Intervention and the other snipers that has 500 dmg should have it reduced to something like 400. that means that you'll eventually have to pick another weapon to use if you want to survive later in the round when all the zombies have 400+ hp.

But if you really want to use your sniper later in the rounds, there could be a upgrade that everyone can buy that increases your sniper damage by like 50 or 100 damage and it should costs somewhere around 1000-2000 points. I think that that might be a possible fix for the current situation where snipers and the AA-12 are pretty much the best things to use if you want to survive.

Flag teleports: The thing that drives me the most crazy in ZAM is when people place cades right where you end up after teleporing using a flag, it makes it nearly impossible as a zombie to do anything about it. "Oh look, i just teleported and now im stuck between 40 cades in each side and a dude right infront of me spraying me down with an AA-12 and there's nothing i can do about it, yay"

Some ways to fix this is either to make a rule against cading the spots where you end up after you teleport, or make multiple spawnpoints after you teleport (don't know if this is possible), so it's impossible to cade people right after the teleport.

AA12 - I agree

Raven - we got a new einstein, abuse him for ideas

c4 - What did you get in your English story exam?

Rest i agree with

11/10

• Upvote 1

So after playing the mod now for pretty much a month ive got some ideas for the next update.

AA12: move it to a specific class so it can't be bought by everyone, right now it's too much of a GG weapon for any camping spots.

Raven: There's a few different ways to balance this class so people don't abuse forcefield while camping, the different things i've heard from some people are to either make it so the raven class has a maximum amount of cades they can place, for example 3.

I had another thought the other day, what if you make it so that the Forcefield "aura" also damages cades? so every time it hits, it also hits nearby cades for the amount of damage a normal zombie punch would do. that would make it so you can camp with raven, but buying forcefield is a death sentence.

C4: i personally have some pretty strong feelings towards c4, I understand it's used by MVP's in the beginning to kill themselves with, but the fact that it costs 50 points, and it does such a huge amount of damage and you can kill like 10-15 zombies with 1 of them is pretty absurd.

For example, you're attacking a survivor in a P-cade base, and you're dodging him when he's shooting at you and you're being smart while hitting the cades so you don't die, you're about to break through when all of a sudden, this spawn of Satan in the form of a C4 gets thrown out where you're standing, all hope is lost, you can see your life flashing before your eyes, it explodes and forms a smoke cloud in the form of "fuck you" as the survivor stands there cading his newly earned points and lives happily ever after.

So what i had in mind to fix it would be something simple like increasing the cost of it (as it's most annoying early game) or somehow reduce the damage or radius of it, and add some other item in the shop for people to suicide in the beginning.

Snipers: I think we can all agree that snipers are unbalanced, being 1 shot when you have 500hp is unfair, and if several people in the same place has a sniper that does 500 dmg, its pretty much GG. So what i had in mind is that the L96, Intervention and the other snipers that has 500 dmg should have it reduced to something like 400. that means that you'll eventually have to pick another weapon to use if you want to survive later in the round when all the zombies have 400+ hp.

But if you really want to use your sniper later in the rounds, there could be a upgrade that everyone can buy that increases your sniper damage by like 50 or 100 damage and it should costs somewhere around 1000-2000 points. I think that that might be a possible fix for the current situation where snipers and the AA-12 are pretty much the best things to use if you want to survive.

Flag teleports: The thing that drives me the most crazy in ZAM is when people place cades right where you end up after teleporing using a flag, it makes it nearly impossible as a zombie to do anything about it. "Oh look, i just teleported and now im stuck between 40 cades in each side and a dude right infront of me spraying me down with an AA-12 and there's nothing i can do about it, yay"

Some ways to fix this is either to make a rule against cading the spots where you end up after you teleport, or make multiple spawnpoints after you teleport (don't know if this is possible), so it's impossible to cade people right after the teleport.

Some good ideas bana. So i will go ahead and go over it chronologically and give my opinion.

First, yes i agree that aa12 should be in a specific class rather than the normal shop.

Raven: You said that it should break cades when you go close to them. I disagree. Because if forcefiled damages your cades, that means it will damage other people's cades. Therefore, there will be a lot of rage going on and a lot of reporting for breaking cades. I am still thinking of a solution for it. But we made the cost higher, isnt that enough? I mean only noobs dont run with it anyway...

C4: The amount of c4s you can buy in each game is 3 c4s, there are other ways tho. The damage that it does is 250 damage. I think we should decrease the damage to 200, this also means that 2 c4s will not kill 500/450 hp zombies. This makes the c4 less OP.

Snipers: meh yeah OP OP ;D me no like 500 damage either.

Flags: I have a full idea in mind. I will talk about it with details soon. This will prevent people to camp in flags.

• Upvote 1

kill aura doing damage to Cade's was already considered but the problem was what happens when Im running with it and I run by someone's Cade's and break them, I run away giggling like a little girl and they cry that's what

also nobody has been able to mount up a debate against my proposition yet, max 3 Cade's&start with speedo gg ez win

the reason i don't like the max 3 cades idea is because nothing stops you from camping at other players when you're using raven does it? so if a noob using raven gets into a base with a good player that does all the work, that scrub is still gonna buy forcefield and run around in circles. Sure, this stops them from doing it when they're solo, but isn't the mod supposed to be about teamwork?

The raven class is the most popular so any small changes will have a huge impact. Mayby the cades in raven class could have lower hp? So its harder to camp but still possible.. Or you could add like something that like if hes camping it will transform him in zombie if he dosent move in next min? :P

kill aura doing damage to Cade's was already considered but the problem was what happens when Im running with it and I run by someone's Cade's and break them, I run away giggling like a little girl and they cry that's what

also nobody has been able to mount up a debate against my proposition yet, max 3 Cade's&start with speedo gg ez win

You could have the effect sort of be like shaman zombie but maybe a little quicker. It could not one hit your cades but rapidly deplete your cades so that if your running by someone it wouldn't completely break it. Maybe makes it a 3 hit break as in three times you here the little sound as an indicator. Just an idea to keep by simply running past someone really quick not a death sentence for the other players as well. 

but isn't the mod supposed to be about teamwork?

I personally don't like to camp with many other players in one spot. It's simple why. They most of them just block you or stealing your kills and don't do anything that make you survive. I love it to camp with 2-4, but if there are too many i cri

yes thats a possibility but if someone did that with me i'd cade them in a corner and ban them if they broke

Indy for president :sir:   

I completly understand that camping with Forcefield fucks off very much, but running with it is really fun.

get knifed by a 500hp all the time, but still fun tho :<

Maybe we find a solution, what makes players don't be able to abuse it and go camping with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Aaaaw yis. Running on NukeTown. Got my Bowie, got my Speedo. Me running and two others camping, with about 8 zombies. I got this! Yay Forcefeild! 

FUCK YOU -Zombie.   Grabs Ballistic knives for 600 points and end's me with my Forcefield on...

Yep, that's what I get for not camping on NukeTown ay? I have an idea for v1.8....Raise the price for Ballistic knives! :D So us runners can actually have fun. HP is nothing, good runners can deal with HP, it's the Ballistic knives that are insane. It's like, for 600 points, someone with a normal knife vs someone with Ballistic knives, who's gonna win? I'm not saying you should get rid of them, all I'm saying is maybe raise it to 1500. That would be fair. And it would give us runners a chance to have fun for once. 

• Upvote 3

I was thinking of making another part (there are already VIP and MVP) I thought to MVP + or any other name? If its a good idea here would be the rates that I propose: 20 € VIP / € 10 and MVP / 5 € here this is just an opinion tell me if you think thank you :)

• Downvote 1

I was thinking of making another part (there are already VIP and MVP) I thought to MVP + or any other name? If its a good idea here would be the rates that I propose: 20 € VIP / € 10 and MVP / 5 € here this is just an opinion tell me if you think thank you :)

The idea is not bad. But the prize is bad.

There are 3 types of classes: Non-VIP, VIP, MVP. Useless making another type of classes.

I don't understand what you want to say with this "propose: 20......."

Don't see a reason why we should have 4 typles of classes. I don't like your idea.

The problem is, that when you buy adapt there are more than 2 zombies around you and I think for 1000 or more only 2 hits is too less.

I mean with adapt you can go 23-1, but with that hp thing you can only take 2 hits and this is nothing if like 10 zombies are hunting you.

So maybe do it like you CAN'T get hit from zombie hands in these 20 sec. or let adapt in.

The problem is, that when you buy adapt there are more than 2 zombies around you and I think for 1000 or more only 2 hits is too less.

I mean with adapt you can go 23-1, but with that hp thing you can only take 2 hits and this is nothing if like 10 zombies are hunting you.

So maybe do it like you CAN'T get hit from zombie hands in these 20 sec. or let adapt in.

I will agree with indy in this part ("that's more op than adapt us now>.> "). When your in adapt and you dont even get hit??? I call unskilled and op. This is the time where the player need them skills and actually knife the zombies with skills since he is adapted anyway, yo kno?

Ok so i had a idea, nothing to important more a suggestion, its easy to see who are UU-S because of their starting Gheehi but i think that something should d'escribe UU-k maybe ? Like a knifers skin or something idk but just wanted to mensioned :) or just to have it say UU-K on top of youre head

What about a class that can only be used by 1 player a game, this class can decrease the amount of damage zombie hands do and then zombies have to increase there attack power to 1 shot people.

So, would only the user of the class have more HP or every human? Because, if it's only the user, then it would be simpler to just give that user health in an according value, determined on how much DMG each type of zombie weapon (Zombie Hands, limb, cade-limb, Ballistic Knife, SOG Knife, Hell Zombie, Shaman Zombie, other) does to you.

Is it possible to add some sort of plug-in with which we would play YouTube videos and they would stream the video sound on the ZAM servers?

This one MTA server that I play on has this, but, given, MTA has custom plug-ins through the roof. Anyway, what they did was make staff members find a YouTube video, copy/paste the URL of it into some thingy that they use and then the sound would play on the server for everyone to hear. They had one command - /youtube - which would either enable or disable the stream volume, depending on for which time you had typed the command in.

If this was to ever become a thing in ZAM, here are some commands that would help us:

!youtube on

!youtube off

!request [name of music goes in here] - i.e. !request Three Days Grace - Pain

!request would send all user made requests to all staff or to whoever is using this feature, and they would come in the order as they are executed, so a staff member could, for instance, say: "Taking requests for music now. Do !request [song here] for a request." and all requests would show up as private annotations in the killfeed or Echelon or something.

The staff using this would get the song names, and they would then look for them on YouTube, get the URL, put it in wherever and start the sound stream on the server.

If possible, multiple staff would work with this at once, and on all servers, so people could send requests on all servers at the same time. As long as nothing conflicts and the streams play for each server individually, I don't see a problem. Although I'm not sure exactly how much these streams would stress the servers.

The sound would start playing on automatic for everyone, and then you could just do !youtube off and then !youtube on if you wanted to, willingly.

We could also add some help messages in which these commands would be included and explained. For instance:

^7Do ^1!request <music name> ^7(without the < and > symbols) to request a song to be played.

^7Once you have requested a song, please do not beg/spam the staff to play it. Wait for your turn. It will be played eventually.

^7Do ^1!youtube off ^7to disable the YouTube sound stream.

^7Do ^1!youtube on ^7to enable the YouTube sound stream.

^7 is #FFFFFF (white).

^1 is #FF0000 (red).