ZAM community.... Collapsing?

Nipnum

I'm sure a few people have noticed I haven't been playing ZAM almost at all recently... It's lost it's touch. ZAM used to be fun when the point of it was to have fun, but now I'm not so sure... For example, recently I had a moderator getting extremely pissed off at me for camping when I was have ping and fps drops due to a storm, this makes ZAM not fun. I like to play for fun, not get told "Oh you're experienced go knife" or "you're ruining the community by camping asshole". If it's a new person I will always run unless I'm having fps and ping drops. I'm sure everyone's noticed how many people are leaving and retiring. From the people I've asked (which is a fair few) almost 100% of the reasons were that it isn't fun anymore, either because of laxity in rule enforcement, or because the moderators/members taking their job too seriously and being kind of assholes. The ZAM community is failing, the rare time I do connect, I haven't seen more than 4  or 5 people on. Maybe black ops 3 ZAM will help, and I hope it does.

SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY

-Have VIP/MVP weekends more often cuz this will attract more newer players.

-Maybe change the maps around occasionally.

-Modify the voting system so we don't have Firing Range or Nuketown 400 times in a row.

-Make members/mods/admins prove they're helping

-Don't hate on the campers who have a valid reason such as bad internet, hate on the ones who are doing it to be scum.

-Punish people who are being scum on purpose because they're the other reason people leave. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

frame drops? how can you play fallout 4 then?ur fps must 10 damn.

didnt get the storm near your house.

bad internet 24/7?

the vip/mvp thing doesnt attract new players because if they join it while there is 1 they will not notice it. (they will probably rq it coz every1 use to camp in mvp/vip events, so it makes the gameplay boring.)

now you are just thinking at yourself and not for the community, and this is a sort of crying topic where you tell us you have been warned.

you are making collapse the community just by being here lol

I know where he is coming from, the last month I haven't had any sort of good ping so I've been a lot more campy then usual, and the only times I really like doing that is when the server is nearly full which if lucky is for 1 hour during the day.  If you can't handle being shamed for camping with a low amount of players do what I do and don't play it then.  But I don't think the mod should be about shaming campers because after all its a camp based mod, but instead what it should do is reward runners for their fairness

runners are already rewarded with alot of things so far. as for you new people there used to not be anything to run with, no mines, no bowie, no cold blooded, no bowie bal, no corp. at least half the class are used for running atm. Although i do agree with you Indy, Ping doesnt influence running a whole lot, unless its spiking? I can run and get 50 kills+ on occasions (by knifing) and thats without raven. if you want a solution use raven/corporal. corp sick bal/ sr71 gg wp raven invis plus forcefield gg wp. Just some tips :D 

you are right about campers though. And we all have to remember those people who camp with low amounts of people actually like that from our mod, so we need to respect that as well as runners. 

I'm sure a few people have noticed I haven't been playing ZAM almost at all recently...

Some might say it's been nice. :)

-Modify the voting system so we don't have Firing Range or Nuketown 400 times in a row.

The ZAM voting system is a tool which introduces the democratic process to its members; majority rule. However, I will agree that maybe we could limit the number of times the same map can be repeated. Maybe after the 5 or 10 time, the map automatically rotates.

• Upvote 2