Hacked Steam Account

Bloody

Hello everyone,

as you can see in the title my Steam account got hacked. I've no clue how this could happen, but it happened. So if there is anything with my Steam it's not me doing it. 

That was the link to my Steam acc: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Blooodyyy  My E-mail adress got hacked aswell. My current Steam name is Ted and set to private as Faith told me.

I'll contact the Steam Support right after this however, if you guys have any tipps etc please write them down here.

Thank you in advance.

- Bloody

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Did you click on any sort of link that had something along the lines of "steamcommunity" or "images.akamai" in it? People often use those type of links, but they change something in them and people often click on them and somehow they lose their Steam account. Not sure exactly how it works tho, just be careful with this in the future.

Like Griggs said, don't use matching passwords and make sure that your Steam account password is something complicated. Also, remember that the password should also not be generic (although having a lot of alphanumerical characters and other stuff can make a password complicated, making your password something along the lines of "qwertyuiop1234567890" won't really do much).

Getting through to Steam Support is gonna be a hassle, but I hope you manage to work things out. As KeRbEy said, you need a gamekey (the code that shows up before launching a Steam-purchased game for the very first time) which will be substantial proof of ownership (hopefully you have a gamekey of some game written down somewhere).

Finally, here's your account in its current state: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tedy47

• Upvote 1

@stlmokevin definetly doing the same after I got it back.

2 hours ago, Y0l09g4g9 said:

Hi Bloody' I am And i'm so sorry about ur account and ur games and everything.... But Do you have a photo i want to add you again.

If I'll get it back I'll post the link to it. Ramsy sent the link to my current account, but I doubt your friendrequest will be accepted.

@GriggsThx for the tips, I've changed all of my passworts now.

2 hours ago, KeRbEy said:

You need a Gamekey that you can proof thats your Account

I've sent 4 CD Keys to the Steam Support let's hope that's enough.

@Ramsy The last time I was online on Steam was Sunday, but no I didn't got any links etc. 

Here i feel sry for u and u money but i have a couple of tips as you are admin on zam get a couple of screenshots that verify that u own the account and gets some screenshots of the profile itself if u can and tell them ur password and they'll check if that account had that password and give email they'll check that too.      Good Luck

It happened to me aswell so it might take 2 weeks or more.

4 hours ago, The One Patriot said:

any news bloody? Because if still not fixed, considering the player might be a zam player, he might abuse a lot of stuff with his admin powers. So we might have take your admin away temporally if the problem has not been fixed yet. 

Regularly check if he's connecting to ZAM or not to see if he's been playing it, and if he has - despite him abusing admin powers or not - take them away (temporarily, ofcourse) until this matter is resolved (if, hopefully). Although I doubt he'd be playing ZAM, most of these lowlife "hackers" use these cheap type of tricks in order to further sell stuff from one's Steam inventory or to further sell the account (which goes against Valve's rules).

• Upvote 1