Applications

Faith

So do you want the new system to be implemented?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Your answer?

• Yes! lets get the new improved old application system.
    • Nah, I like the current application system.

Hello my friends and my clan mates.

As a member of UU I have noticed that there is a lot of tension between the current/new UU members. and I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the current application system as many of the current UU members think the clan is accepting peaple who should not be accepted.

So... my suggestion is: We are gonna restore the old application system. HOWEVER the old application system failed because members of the clan were voting Yes/No on peaple who they didnt actually know/played with, for example: "The One Patriot who plays on the US server voted No on Faith who plays mostly on the EU server because he simply does not know him". In the new system we are gonna let the peaple who play on the EU server vote on the peaple who play on the EU server, and the peaple who play on the US server vote on the peaple who play on the US server, this way it would be fair for everyone.

So after this poll I dont think anyone should complain about the application system.

I hope this solves the current kind of tense situation between the UU members cause I want my clan mates to treat each other as best friends <3

• Upvote 7

having something againts a other member is personal, i know really good every new member and personally dont have any problem towards them, im just saying if theres something it should be mensionned probably then going back to the old systeme just because of 1 member

I also voted no (Nah, I like the current application system).

I too have noticed the amount of complaints about the current application. But the thing is, you're going to have to deal with it. This is why you and everyone else in this community are to be respectful to each other even if you're not fond of them. 

The old application system was alright but problems came into play. I felt like the UU members didn't really take that much time to review the applicants that applied that month. They just waited until the end of the month until a topic was made, and just simply voted Yes or No on the individuals that applied for that month. If they actually took the time (I remember taking my time), they would of had a better understanding of who should be a UU member and who shouldn't be a UU member.

I'd rather keep it to where everyone has an opportunity to express their own opinions on individuals applying for UU. This way the current UU members will have a better understanding of that user that applied for UU if they do know that user or don't know that user at all.

I dont know wether i have a say in this but id vote yes. In my opinion, it maters about personal matters aswell because if the person is not liked by most people, it un-settles all the other UU members. But i agree that whatever happens, happens.

35 minutes ago, Emmaaa said:

I dont know wether i have a say in this but id vote yes. In my opinion, it maters about personal matters aswell because if the person is not liked by most people, it un-settles all the other UU members. But i agree that whatever happens, happens.

Actually, this topic (which is heavily supported by your small core group of friends) is what un-settles the community. This post is like "hey I don't like this because someone I don't like MIGHT get accepted to my clan". If you guys knew the work we (not you) put in to this process you wouldn't complain.

I mean seriously. What applicant has you guys crying so bad? I'm genuinely curious at this point.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stlmokevin said:

Actually, this topic (which is heavily supported by your small core group of friends) is what un-settles the community.

You are totally wrong there, if you haven't noticed this as someone who is a headadmin, the clan has been splitting a part. Members don't like members and it's like every small group of members has a gang of their own.

If you guys knew the work we (not you) put in to this process you wouldn't complain.

You are wrong here too, we do know the amount of work you put in these topics that's why I suggested giving the other members the chance of helping you with accepting and not accepting+ in my topic I never mentioned the work you do with the topics as I just suggested a new way to handle things.

I mean seriously. What applicant has you guys crying so bad? I'm genuinely curious at this point.

I don't know if you are talking to me here, but I really don't care who joins the clan since I don't have any problems with anyone, how ever if you check the ShoutBox you would actually know who the current members like or don't like. 

• Upvote 2

There is really no point of moving this to the public because they will just agree with you... Not just because you are a head admin, because they have more of a chance of getting in. Coming from me, who is active, i know their type of personality and background form the EU people. Dont get me wrong, i know you're active so i dont mind about the US people who join because you knhow them more than me diue to you being on the US, however, the EU people i believe i know better.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, stlmokevin said:

We can disagree on this, we're meant to have our own opinions.

Indeed you can disagree but you shouldn't do it in an offensive/attacking way like you did reply on my topic witch it's only goal was to improve things.

+moving the topic to the public just like that is kinda disrespectful to me who wanted this to be between UU members.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Faith said:

Indeed you can disagree but you shouldn't do it in an offensive/attacking way like you did reply on my topic witch it's only goal was to improve things.

+moving the topic to the public just like that is kinda disrespectful to me who wanted this to be between UU members.

I think creating this topic in a private forum when it applies to all of us (not just members) is disrepectful faith. This isn't something one half of UU should decide when it would apply to everyone who hopes to join UU in the future.

and fyi I was definitely not trying to offend you, but your essentially attacking the way I do things.

11 minutes ago, stlmokevin said:

I think creating this topic in a private forum when it applies to all of us (not just members) is disrepectful faith. This isn't something one half of UU should decide when it would apply to everyone who hopes to join UU in the future.

I dont know if you know this Kevin, but usually in "Clan" the ones who decide how others get in the clan are the members of the clan not those willing to join it, that's why it's 100% a case for UU members. 

11 minutes ago, stlmokevin said:

but your essentially attacking the way I do things.

And I really don't understand what you mean Kevin, how am I attacking the way you do things when all I did was a make a suggestion + making a Poll to see what everyone thought about the idea...

• Director of Administration

Making this public just make poeple vote no because it's more comfy way to get In. Well principle of a good clan are people in there. For sure its alright you need new members but how will it works when you accept someone that is just not invited by other members? Badly haha. If anyone is supposed to be future clan mate then let other members proof It?! 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Faith said:

HOWEVER the old application system failed because members of the clan were voting Yes/No on peaple who they didnt actually know/played with, for example: "The One Patriot who plays on the US server voted No on Faith who plays mostly on the EU server because he simply does not know him".

SO the only thing i read was this, i might read some other comments later. ANYWAY

NO NO NO FAITH ...u got it alll wrong bro :DDD. I voted no BECAUSE YOU TOOK MY TAC f8!!!!!!! OMG!!!!

anyway..xd pls no h8 da f8 m8 :D.

Now time for real talk tho. "In the new system we are gonna let the peaple who play on the EU server vote on the peaple who play on the EU server, and the peaple who play on the US server vote on the peaple who play on the US server, this way it would be fair for everyone."

F8, LISTEN carefully, that is not how it worked. weather it was the US ppl or EU ppl. EVERYONE JUST VOTED NO ON THE OLD system. because you guys ARE just not OPEN to any new members.
HOW WILL YOU GROW A CLAN IF YOU DONT ACCEPT NEW PPL? oh boy this might get long...So as i have heard...some UU members say "we dont know those ppl". Maybe because you are in Private channels. Join UU channel to get to know new members.

Ok so I have thought about this...this will be my solution. Oh yea and btw my vote is no for old system...But we can maybe change the new system a little: When people make new UU applications, No longer will anybody be able to comment on them, except UU members/admins. So in the application, we will hear what you say, you can tell us your opinion AND Give us GOOD REASON why they should be, or should not be accepted. We will read, we will take into consideration, and we will definitely think about it while we are interviewing them. Anyway..well that is only my opinion.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, The One Patriot said:

But we can maybe change the new system a little: When people make new UU applications, No longer will anybody be able to comment on them, except UU members/admins. So in the application, we will hear what you say, you can tell us your opinion AND Give us GOOD REASON why they should be, or should not be accepted. We will read, we will take into consideration, and we will definitely think about it while we are interviewing them. Anyway..well that is only my opinion.

I likey likey, if noone wants the old system back, i dont see why this would'nt work.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gunter said:

I'm not gonna speak for everyone in this ''small'' friend group. But, what I would like to have, and what I think that most of us want is an age limit on UU member applicants. 

Yes please, even though i'm not a member i think we can all agree that your clan needs mature clanmembers, and not some 12 year old kiddos who start raging at people because they called him a fgt or something

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stlmokevin said:

I don't think members should be calling players fgt in the first place.

That's not what i meant, i meant if a player would call him a fgt or whatever >.< members are supposed to stay calm in every single argument and not go complete rage mode

That is like a little kid fight here pls...

i think what the EU-UU guys want say is that the guys who do the Interview are all from US and dont know what the guys on the EU servers do... 

but pls when you have a problem with a guy talk with him i understand it nothing about the news UU i dont have a problem but i think UU is a clan its open to all but i think when you are 18-20 then you dont want to be with guys they are 12-14 i understand both sides i dont want to go in 1 side becaus for me is that a kiddo fight but ye the old system i find is bad.

i hope you understand what i mean i write it really fast :o

Kerbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey