this is dumb.

stlmokevin

This needs to be removed/edited. Whether you personally take offense to it or not is not important. I don't need to hear any free speech bullshit about it. I'm not Jewish, I'm human. Someone is trying to be provocative, but instead is being a fucking douche.

These rules should apply.

-You are to respect everyone, even if you’re not fond of them.

A.) This is not how you respect people, as you're basically making a joke of genocide. It's anti-Semitic. 

-Your rank will not make you invincible to our rules, they apply to everyone.

B.) If a Staff member/UU member created this channel they should be punished. You aren't edgy or funny. This is lame as fuck.

9gD0WPx.jpg

It offends me that someone in our community actually thought this would be funny. For the most part, I thought we were better than this.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Braby* said:

Swastika is old religious symbol which comes from India so I dont see any problem here, and its not even tilted so it doesnt show the swastika which was used by nazis. 

It's true the symbol was adopted (like most modern symbols are), but it isn't known for "good fortune" as it was originally.  I'm sure there are many people who don't see anything wrong with it, or downplay it because it doesn't affect you. I don't think any player should hop on teamspeak and see something that could potentially make them feel like they're not welcome. Would you feel differently if these were on the main site?

The thing is look at the other channels around it, one says "fags" and another one has "suicide" these could also set off "triggers" to certain players, should those be taken down too?  You have free speech or you don't, no if ands or buts about it, some might think its bullshit but censor one thing and more will follow.

37 minutes ago, Nekro-Wolf said:

it was so funny I forgot to laugh.....

Here I thought Saudi's loved seeing jews killed:thumbsdown:

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, iamindy33 said:

The thing is look at the other channels around it, one says "fags" and another one has "suicide" these could also set off "triggers" to certain players, should those be taken down too?  You have free speech or you don't, no if ands or buts about it, some might think its bullshit but censor one thing and more will follow.

I agree the "fags" channel should be changed as well, although I admit I didn't see that one initially. It's sad that these are accepted at all, as it couldn't possibly be welcoming to ppl.

1 hour ago, iamindy33 said:

bitch I'm American living in Saudi arabia. I know fluent English... and 2 other languages

3 minutes ago, Dennyb said:

That isnt the nazi symbol if you notice its not  tilted that is just a hooked cross it has nothing to do with the nazis therefor there is nothing wrong with it

I'm not totally surprised at your opinion Denny, as you named it as such.

I technically did nothing wrong here.  As braby said its just a hooked cross. but if you really want it taken down ill have the name changed today

Just now, stlmokevin said:

I'm not totally surprised at your opinion Denny, as you named it as such.

2 hours ago, stlmokevin said:

Are you Hindu Denny?

Not sure why this is relevant though, anyone should be able to use a religious symbol whether they are religious or not, like am I not allowed to draw a cross because I am not christian?

But I wouldn't care if they or someone else still had this as a channel name. Like if I join a teamspeak server, I see a symbol that I think is a "nazi sign" all I would think is "lol fucking nazis xd" and then not care anymore, although I must say that this kinda changes now that they are UU members, we should be more strict towards them and other admins.

But Classixz removed it, I would've just re-named it, oh well.

TL;DR: I dont really care, but I kinda agree a lil with kevin and classixz.

• Upvote 2