I'm sorry.

gart3

14 minutes ago, ░MyXa░ said:

I get that he tried, i respect that, but my point is that you really shouldn't get yourself into something you're completely not prepared for; i saw no plan, it seemed as they just keep writing the story as they went along, and it had no end goal really, im sure kicking everyone out wasn't supposed to be the solution.. or so i hope lol

We had a plan.

Prepare:
1. Create a admin-rank-up system so it's more equal in who becomes an admin, before only certain people could become admins because we know them and it was kinda personal. We want admins on ZAM to be strictly professional and admins on ZAM doesn't need to be our best friends for them to have a chance in making it to admin.

2. Write down some easy requirements to become Assistant Staff Member(Old Trusted), and then it will be a little harder to get Trial Staff, and then a little more hard and more etc. But it wasn't/isn't really difficult to make it to admin now, I even made the requirements extra easy to at least half of our former admins would come back as admins(what I expected), since all they had to do was continue as normal but post 1 report, and post 1 simple bunker base that takes 10 min to create.

But for some reason everyone stopped playing, no clue that were gonna happened obviously, made no sense to me on how easily they all gave up. So things didn't go as expected.

3. Kick out them all and add back admins after 1-2 days.

4. Nobody played day after, or day after that or day after that... etc not as many reports or bunkers as I expected, I guess I thought a lot of people were willing to make time for a 30 min game session of zam, make 1 report in 2 minutes, and one bunker in 10 minutes and post it to website, all under 1 hour. But yeah.... I expected to much for y'all.

And yeah, you probably know the rest lol

Edit 2 kevin: Quite sure Classixz just doesn't want to be involved in this, since....... he wasn't a part of this. Classixz haven't been in UU for a while now(kinda)

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Griggs said:

We had a plan.

Prepare:
1. Create a admin-rank-up system so it's more equal in who becomes an admin, before only certain people could become admins because we know them and it was kinda personal. We want admins on ZAM to be strictly professional and admins on ZAM doesn't need to be our best friends for them to have a chance in making it to admin.

2. Write down some easy requirements to become Assistant Staff Member(Old Trusted), and then it will be a little harder to get Trial Staff, and then a little more hard and more etc. But it wasn't/isn't really difficult to make it to admin now, I even made the requirements extra easy to at least half of our former admins would come back as admins(what I expected), since all they had to do was continue as normal but post 1 report, and post 1 simple bunker base that takes 10 min to create.

But for some reason everyone stopped playing, no clue that were gonna happened obviously, made no sense to me on how easily they all gave up. So things didn't go as expected.

3. Kick out them all and add back admins after 1-2 days.

4. Nobody played day after, or day after that or day after that... etc not as many reports or bunkers as I expected, I guess I thought a lot of people were willing to make time for a 30 min game session of zam, make 1 report in 2 minutes, and one bunker in 10 minutes and post it to website, all under 1 hour. But yeah.... I expected to much for y'all.

And yeah, you probably know the rest lol

Edit 2 kevin: Quite sure Classixz just doesn't want to be involved in this, since....... he wasn't a part of this. Classixz haven't been in UU for a while now(kinda)

that clears it up quite a lot i guess. I mean zam was quite empty when you enrolled this plan anyway, i wasnt expecting anyone to bother applying again, 85% of the admins that got demoted and i talked to were super furious and mad ( i wont say who ) and felt that they were treated like trash bags, so no wonder they didnt bother anymore; and in my eyes most of the people that play zam dont really want the admin responsibility, because why? all they wanna do is join and have some casual fun for a few rounds and leave because noone plays anymore. imo

• Upvote 1

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 4:36 PM, iamindy33 said:

I've heard a lot of this before especially from you gart, talk is cheap, I think the community wants some action.  Good luck getting your priorities together, many times I put zam before school/friends/family but look where that got me, hopefully UU can bounce back but I can only assume who lemon kush is and why hes back-.-

but maybe a vip weekend:3

Really.... did it ever occur to you, the reason you fell from UU grace was due to your priorities at the time?  When you reassign priorities in your life from tangible interactions (ie family members, friends at school) to intangible (online/virtual relationships), the shift usually creates conflicts in both worlds. Finding a healthy balance between the two is the key to its success.  That is one of the main reasons why Classixz decided to retire and pass the baton to Griggs and Gart; he needed to find that balance.  In the beginning you had that balance, but quickly lost it. A progression/deterioration that many of us noticed at the time in conversations with you.  The point being of my message, don't judge where others place their priorities.  Gart placed his where he saw fit. 

• Upvote 3

What I don't understand is WHY people are so angry and bitter...

It's really easy to get back, and a large number of people (from what I've heard) left BECAUSE they got demoted.

Is it really that important to be staff that you LEAVE because of it? I mean, you could still play, at least.

• Upvote 1

On 2016-10-13 at 2:40 PM, ░MyXa░ said:

that clears it up quite a lot i guess. I mean zam was quite empty when you enrolled this plan anyway, i wasnt expecting anyone to bother applying again, 85% of the admins that got demoted and i talked to were super furious and mad ( i wont say who ) and felt that they were treated like trash bags, so no wonder they didnt bother anymore; and in my eyes most of the people that play zam dont really want the admin responsibility, because why? all they wanna do is join and have some casual fun for a few rounds and leave because noone plays anymore. imo

You can't apply as admin. We removed the applications. So as I said, all former admins had to do is:

1. Make a report

2. Make a 10 minute bunker spot

3. Continue as normal

And that is it. No applications, no nothing. We have data on their play-time, connections etc, so what me and gart would do is ask them on Steam if they would like to become an admin on ZAM and if they say yes, then they would become admins, easy. Then we promote them if they continue as normal and if they stop playing all together or go crazy, just demote.

37 minutes ago, Griggs said:

You can't apply as admin. We removed the applications. So as I said, all former admins had to do is:

1. Make a report

2. Make a 10 minute bunker spot

3. Continue as normal

And that is it. No applications, no nothing. We have data on their play-time, connections etc, so what me and gart would do is ask them on Steam if they would like to become an admin on ZAM and if they say yes, then they would become admins, easy. Then we promote them if they continue as normal and if they stop playing all together or go crazy, just demote.

so what really was the point in demoting in the first place? to make them do a report and a shitty bunker map?  

30 minutes ago, ░MyXa░ said:

so what really was the point in demoting in the first place? to make them do a report and a shitty bunker map?  

To remove all admins that were of no use, admins that didn't do anything to administrate the server and those admins were the majority, so the best way we figured was to kick them all out and add back everyone that looks good and have real potential and interest in ZAM and helping out the server.

So far I would say dennyB and Unforgotten although their low approval rate are, have done more for the server than certain admins have done in a year.
We also didn't know everyone who was a "badmin" but after we did this, I would say I have it all figured out now.

And people have been complaining about bad bunkers for a long time now, not sure why this is though, if you think we have bad bunkers (which we defiantly do) then why don't you fucking help out the community and the whole player base and do a good thing for once by creating a god damn bunker. I even fucking organized a system so you don't even need to make a whole bunker map, all you literally have to do is one single fucking spot, and if everyone takes 10 min of their time to create this 1 spot we would have tons of awesome maps, but no.

Our former admins (of all time) didn't know their place. They just thought that admin is a status symbol, something they get respect for having without needing to earn anyone's respect at all, sadly this somehow seemed to be the case, and when that status tag were removed they lost their shit, they didn't lose anything else than that though, they didn't lose their will to help out the server, since they actually never had that will to helped out the server before.

Admins not caring about the reports have always been a problem as well, ViiRuS was basically the only one who ever looked at them, and when he left the reports started going in, so I and gart ofc picked his place up and did the best that at least I could do and manage our ZAM reports. This was the way ever since, but something happened, we kicked everyone out and added @Dennyb and @Unforgotten as admins, and they have done such a wonderful job at managing the reports, I've gone to website many times since they became admins and wondered "where the fuck are the reports" so I go check the archive and all I see is that these guys already did them all, they always beat me to it.

So basically our whole Staff team ever since ZAM started 3 years ago minus ViiRuS_iQuicKZ have done a worse job at reports than dennyb and unforgotten has in a few weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Griggs said:

And people have been complaining about bad bunkers for a long time now, not sure why this is though, if you think we have bad bunkers (which we defiantly do) then why don't you fucking help out the community and the whole player base and do a good thing for once by creating a god damn bunker. I even fucking organized a system so you don't even need to make a whole bunker map, all you literally have to do is one single fucking spot, and if everyone takes 10 min of their time to create this 1 spot we would have tons of awesome maps, but no.

lol so true xD

speaking of which, can I have the ZAM Bunkermaker link? old bunker creator sucks xd

also, need help with the script lister (or whatever tf it's called) cuz it's not working

34 minutes ago, Griggs said:

To remove all admins that were of no use, admins that didn't do anything to administrate the server and those admins were the majority, so the best way we figured was to kick them all out and add back everyone that looks good and have real potential and interest in ZAM and helping out the server.

So far I would say dennyB and Unforgotten although their low approval rate are, have done more for the server than certain admins have done in a year.
We also didn't know everyone who was a "badmin" but after we did this, I would say I have it all figured out now.

Our former admins (of all time) didn't know their place. They just thought that admin is a status symbol, something they get respect for having without needing to earn anyone's respect at all, sadly this somehow seemed to be the case, and when that status tag were removed they lost their shit, they didn't lose anything else than that though, they didn't lose their will to help out the server, since they actually never had that will to helped out the server before.

Admins not caring about the reports have always been a problem as well, ViiRuS was basically the only one who ever looked at them, and when he left the reports started going in, so I and gart ofc picked his place up and did the best that at least I could do and manage our ZAM reports. This was the way ever since, but something happened, we kicked everyone out and added @Dennyb and @Unforgotten as admins, and they have done such a wonderful job at managing the reports, I've gone to website many times since they became admins and wondered "where the fuck are the reports" so I go check the archive and all I see is that these guys already did them all, they always beat me to it.

So basically our whole Staff team ever since ZAM started 3 years ago minus ViiRuS_iQuicKZ have done a worse job at reports than dennyb and unforgotten has in a few weeks.

tbh i never really thought the bunker maps were bad, only called the ones that indy did bad cuz banter

and ye i agree dennyb and unforgotten approval doesnt seem good, but thats probably because they are still kids; however at the stage that zam is now, im not bothered who the admins are, aslong as they suit the needs

but atleast gucci that you confirmed things, since the community didnt know much about what you 2 were planning, or not in details anyway

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ░MyXa░ said:

tbh i never really thought the bunker maps were bad, only called the ones that indy did bad cuz banter

and ye i agree dennyb and unforgotten approval doesnt seem good, but thats probably because they are still kids; however at the stage that zam is now, im not bothered who the admins are, aslong as they suit the needs

but atleast gucci that you confirmed things, since the community didnt know much about what you 2 were planning, or not in details anyway

I think it's more about jealousy than their age.

1 hour ago, ░MyXa░ said:

well wouldnt you be jealous if you played zam on a regular basis, and then you see a 12 year old steal ur place? xd not a surprise people are jealous 

I mean they didn't really play zam on a regular basis, but yeah sure, kinda sad how some people get mad cuz people younger than them are doing a better job and "can't deal with the fact that they're prolly really bad"

=)

44 minutes ago, *FR*skoll said:

He do 17° in France if someone want know

write that shit in the chatbox, not here lol xD

• 2 weeks later...