ZAM Update log / Idea thread

Classixz

-> Disable the usability of Knife before the first zombies are picked - admins and special players can abuse the ability by using their starting pts to keep on buying knives and suiciding untill they get the one that they want (I know that Knife is cheap, but it's still unfair; the same thing happens with mines when using Master Hunter (*cough* USpatriot *cough*).

-> I suggest increasing the price of Knife by 25pts with each use, but also increasing the odds of getting some of the better knives out there.

-> Points Multiplier should have a 50-50 chance of working, as you suggested.

-> Fix the spawns or pick new ones for when using Meltdown - some of them are bogus as hell, you can spawn in a group of zombies.

-> Meltdown should give the user all of his pts if he has less than x or exactly x, but only half if he has more than x (ex. x can be 2000pts).

-> Fix the FX on Blood - too much blood and random stuff flying around the user can cause lag for players that have a bad PC or general lag.

-> If possible, disable acquiring Raven when using Meltdown if you get the Ballistic Bowie Knife from using the Knife ability - that's just too OP (imagine someone running around with Adapt and a Ballistic Bowie Knife, possibly even Forcefield).

-> As D1fferent suggested, place "Soon" next to class names instead of "Next Week", etc.

• Upvote 1

Vanish [1000pts] - Teleport to a completely random spot on the map with an x second invisibility period. Limited use count, specified tp spots. This is intended to replace the worthless class special in Escaper that does nothing.

EB (Entanglement Bomb) [500pts] - Get a Lethal Theowable (replaces your current one(s)) that will bind zombies into one. Basically, a "sticky bomb" which will start slowing zombies down or freeze them and pull them to the center of the blast radius. Can be usefull to get some fast pts when running or to simply save your ass. Re-filling with Max Ammo doesn't apply to this, you'll have to buy this one by one if you want to further use it.

Paralyzer [1000pts] - Get 30 bullets on your current held weapon (does not apply to knives unless they can fire) that will paralyze the enemy - causes them to slow down and not be able to access their shop (basically, an EMP bomb).

-> I also suggest bringing back the Dragon's Breath shotgun, but either up it's price or lower it's DMG, and make it buyable by, ex. the first 3 to get it only.

Perk icons. Just like in nazi zombies.

Turtle shell = a turtle? or i guess jugg but that will confuse some new people

Dispenser : [750]  if you have played TF2, then you should know.

Grants the players around the dispenser 30 bullets per minute (lasts forever, can be limbed once or melee'd to destroy (one per player) Only 2 can be placed at a time.

Fog Transfer : [500] plants a recon beacon (or whatever that thing that gives an area uav) under the player. it will remove fog by 75% for survivors, and gives the zombies 50% more fog. Lasts 1.5 minutes. can be destroyed. 

forgot the other ideas i had when playing LoL :<

• Downvote 1

About the Cold blooded class.

Remove Karambit knife, because that's just a point stealer.

The meltdown should cost more than 500. (Like if You got 3000 pts, and then pick builder or something and uses all the points on cades.)

Then Am really enjoying the class..^_^

i already said that you can't change to raven/builder. anyway here are some more idea's:

Add gamemodes to ZaM? (no idea if this is possible but it might be?) 

Add MPL to the weapons shop 

Add Wehrmaght class again (no idea how it's spelled) [Non-Vip] class specials contains: Stoner63 (Red Dot sight and extended mag) [450], M60 (Grip and Red dot sight) [650], C4 (buyable 3 times in special items shop and 3 times in class special shop), Dual weild hs10 (dragonbreath) [1500]

Add semtex to special items shop

Add killstreaks (uav, sr71, dogs etc.)

Add freezetraps to special items shop (i know you're working on this, atleast you mentioned it to be in the 1.6 update. Sadly enough still not here ;< )

Add Alien class?? [VIP] Night Vision (basicly !fpsboost but you can see through a scope. (If this is possible)) [1000] (lasts 3 minutes) Claw (Knife that looks like a claw (if this is possible) 500 dmg [500], Poison trap (enemy that walks near the trap will get poisonned and get the Nova gas effect (if this is possible) [1500], Improved Meltdown (you won't be able to choose another class but you will spawn somewhere and get 10 seconds of invisibility) (also didn't have a good name for this so yeah..) [1000] also maybe give it an alien skin, if this is possible.

I suggest this class because i think VIP's should get a really nice class too you might want to make this a little less op but idk. 

Make points multiplier add on normal knifes if you bought it 2 times (in cold-blooded)

Remove "blood" Class special on cold-blooded as it doesn't really have a good use when you're knifing (you insta kill the zombie so no blood will come out nor will there be an "!" mark on the map). And i think most people use this for knifing so yeah..

Add Improved Ninja instead will give player 15 sec of invisibility and you will get ninja permanently. [1000]

As someone else mentioned add perk icons (zombie ones) and add Jug (2 knifes needed to be killed) Double-tap (black ops 2's double tap) electric cherry, phd flopper etc..

Add flack jacket to perks (bomber zombie's, c4's won't have effect on you) [850] Add scavenger [450]  add tactical mask (Shamam zombies won't have effect on you or your cades<- maybe to op xD) [850] add hardened (more dmg on your guns) [500] All these perks can be upgraded to Pro for [350] extra

Add motion sensor to special items [500] maybe add concusion/flashbang to special items [800] (for two as they're REALLY op) maybe add decoys too?

Also add random knife to the "change loadout" tab you'll be able to get: ballistic knife, prison knife, shredder, sog knife

I know this all might be REAAAAAALLYYYYYYYYY overpowerd BUT zombies almost win everygame and it should be like this. But survivors should get atleast a 50% chance of winning? i think that's my opinion.

Add gamemodes to ZaM? (no idea if this is possible but it might be?)

Be more specific.

Add MPL to the weapons shop

Useless, you have many SMGs in the weapon shop, including the Random Weapon section. No need in over-filling it.

Add Wehrmaght class again (no idea how it's spelled) [Non-Vip] class specials contains: Stoner63 (Red Dot sight and extended mag) [450], M60 (Grip and Red dot sight) [650], C4 (buyable 3 times in special items shop and 3 times in class special shop), Dual weild hs10 (dragonbreath) [1500]

The Stoner-63 and M60 are too OP considering what they come with and for how cheap you can get them for; C4 is already in the Items shop; Dragon's Breath needs to be 2K minimum (should be even more).

Add semtex to special items shop

C4, RC-XD, Molotov Cocktails, Napalm Strike, Dogs,... Really no use in adding Semtex too.

Add killstreaks (uav, sr71, dogs etc.)

Why add killstreaks when you can buy the majority of them anyways? Why not rather add more scorestreaks for specific actions (knifestreaks, snipestreaks, barricade buildstreaks, movestreaks and pointstreaks)? General killstreaks would just be plain useless in the current set of the mod.

Add freezetraps to special items shop (i know you're working on this, atleast you mentioned it to be in the 1.6 update. Sadly enough still not here ;< )

Too OP, needs to be either a class special or a scorestreak.

Add Alien class?? [VIP] Night Vision (basicly !fpsboost but you can see through a scope. (If this is possible)) [1000] (lasts 3 minutes) Claw (Knife that looks like a claw (if this is possible) 500 dmg [500], Poison trap (enemy that walks near the trap will get poisonned and get the Nova gas effect (if this is possible) [1500], Improved Meltdown (you won't be able to choose another class but you will spawn somewhere and get 10 seconds of invisibility) (also didn't have a good name for this so yeah..) [1000] also maybe give it an alien skin, if this is possible.

I suggest this class because i think VIP's should get a really nice class too you might want to make this a little less op but idk.

Night Vision would require re-coding the script of the HUD. Why add Claw when you have more knives than you even need, or even use for that matter? Nova Gas could work. Improved Meltdown is basically teleport + Adapt, no need for that.

Make points multiplier add on normal knifes if you bought it 2 times (in cold-blooded)

Normal knives (normal and Bowie) already grant you 200 pts per kill. PMP was designed to improve the efficiency of the new random knives, so that should stay as is or be changed in a sense where it affects those random knives.

Remove "blood" Class special on cold-blooded as it doesn't really have a good use when you're knifing (you insta kill the zombie so no blood will come out nor will there be an "!" mark on the map). And i think most people use this for knifing so yeah.

I suggest just fixing it up, rather than removing it. Specify EXACTLY how it works and change up the FX (too much blood, just looks bad).

Add Improved Ninja instead will give player 15 sec of invisibility and you will get ninja permanently. [1000]

That's just Ninja with Adapt on...

As someone else mentioned add perk icons (zombie ones) and add Jug (2 knifes needed to be killed) Double-tap (black ops 2's double tap) electric cherry, phd flopper etc..

Icons are not that bad of an idea. Juggernaught and Double Tap would require complete re-coding of the properties of the mod, and adding new weapon files (either that or something weird might come out of the idea, if added). Electric Cherry should be added (finally...), and PHD Flopper would be too OP.

Add flack jacket to perks (bomber zombie's, c4's won't have effect on you) [850] Add scavenger [450]  add tactical mask (Shamam zombies won't have effect on you or your cades<- maybe to op xD) [850] add hardened (more dmg on your guns) [500] All these perks can be upgraded to Pro for [350] extra

Basically, the way you put it - PHD Flopper and Flak Jacket would end up as the same thing. I don't mind it being added, as long as it's over 2K pts or smth like that. Scavenger and Tactical Mask need to be waaay more expensive. Hardened is the same thing as Double Tap (if you think about it, just with no faster ROF). And what's the point in a Pro version? And how would it work? Be more specific.

Add motion sensor to special items [500] maybe add concusion/flashbang to special items [800] (for two as they're REALLY op) maybe add decoys too?

Motion Sensor - okay. Concussions, flashbangs and decoy grenades can't be used since the key that's used for them is occupied (shop key, 4).

Also add random knife to the "change loadout" tab you'll be able to get: ballistic knife, prison knife, shredder, sog knife

There should be more - Ballistic Knife, Karambit Knife, Prison Knife, SOG Knife and Old-school Knife (some of you may remember this, it was really cool).

I suggest creating a class special called "Last Resort". Basically, what this would do is provide you God mode for x seconds, but render you powerless (no killing possible in any way). This would mainly be used to escape a zombie infested camp spot to go to another one. I also have an interesting way for how it should work: you buy it once and it lasts for, ex. 5 seconds, and you have to buy it again to add on an additional, ex. 5 seconds. You cannot exceed, ex. 30 seconds, and each purchase will cost you, ex. 300pts. Usable only up untill you reach the x ammount of seconds allowed. I will let you guys work out the prices and times, I just think that this would suit nicely for a class such as Builder (I'd rather use this than the useless class special that places a T-cade down for you).

• Founder

I would also love to see ProMod or xKMod added into the mod. Just imagine being able to switch between normal viewmode, !fpsboost viewmode and ProMod or xKMod viewmode.

I was thinking about adding in Third Person, I can go with some others too.

• Upvote 1

Well the only thing blood does (what i know) is squirt out blood and give an "!" mark on the map, but when you knife them you basicly insta kill them so no "!" mark on map nor do you get this overdose of blood xD, and i guess you're right ramsy. Besides these were just suggestions. I know i make to op suggestions or unnessecary/"unable to do" things.

And ramsy i just thought of a claw because Aliens hands are i guess claws? or idk. And i know there are assloads of knifes xd

And for a gamemode i just thought you'd had an objective and if you complete that objective you'd get specific amount of points or you won the game? Probebly the specific amount of points cuz else people that want to get assloads of kills won't like this. But still make it hard and make it in the middle of the map for example you gotta hold a flag for a minute? Or capture the flag 3 times from one side to another. Or just s&d But if the zombies are able to disable it then you will lose x amount of points? (basicly if you fail). As i said these are all suggestions. You could also maybe add a custom gamemode in? Something like when you can choose out of 1 weapon (smg, deagle etc.) this way F2P members also have a chance to try out new weapons? Idk these are all just suggestions!