New map rotation on ZAM?

viirus_iquickz

New map rotation on ZAM?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys want a new map rotation added to ZAM?

• Yes, add a new map rotation to ZAM. If so, what kind of rotation were you thinking about?
    • No, keep the map rotation the same. Explain why?
    • Meh, I don't know. You don't support either side or aren't sure.

Throughout the past month and a half, I've been seeing people talking about having a brand new map rotation added to ZAM because the current one we have seems boring, and it's always the same rotation from Array to WMD over and over again.

So, I've conducted myself a new map rotation to ZAM, and so can you guys. We'll then agree on which map rotation we like the best and add it to our mod or we could add a voting script, and people could vote on what next map should be?

What I think the brand new map rotation should be:
Firing Range
Cracked (small version)
Crisis (small version)
Jungle (small version)
Grid (small version)
Launch (small version)
WMD (small version)
Summit (small version)
Nuketown 
Havana (small version)
Radiation (small version)
Hanoi (small version)
Array (small version)
Villa (small version)
Post below your guys ideas on what our brand new map rotation could (should) be. The reason why I said "(small version)" to the maps that have small versions is because they are going to be small maps and they will be original maps. Just like we have in 1.7, it depends on how many players are in-game, and it depends what the map size will be (either big or small). So don't think that all the maps are going to be small no matter how many players are in-game. The maps will be original and small (depending on the amount of players that are in-game).
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I recommend keeping the current rotation, but mix in different versions of the same maps, which provide access to different areas. Examples: Map Array- 

1. Building only map. Access to building and tunnel only.
  2. Rotate access to cliff and mountain side of building and remove access to current Array side.

Radiation is a perfect example of what I'm suggesting. Different versions of both full and small maps.

Umm.... Virus... u fucking srs? -.- Small maps, like wot the fuck? You want to make a minigame outta ZAM? Jesus... also we all know that voting system in-game would narrow the gameplay to nuke/radiation/firing. I think the rotation should stay, that way at least you know what you're coming to. Maybe slightly randomize it, but that's all, really. Idea is good, but I don't trust Virus to have anything with it. Sry m8 ur gr8 but I h8

Looks like you didn't understand what I actually wrote. The maps will be original, but if there is less than 7 players in-game the maps would be small (their small version). It won't always be small. It will either be it's original map or small (just depends on the amount of players in-game). Learn to read mate.

I recommend keeping the current rotation, but mix in different versions of the same maps, which provide access to different areas. 

So, you are indicating that there should be 2 maps in 1 map?

I mean everyone is always going through the same rotation, and it just seems boring to them. If you mix up the maps a little bit, then it can be a little bit challenging, and not so challenging (if you already know how to play all the maps) of what next map is really going to be. A voting script could be acceptable, but there are only 14 maps displayed in the game (not counting the DLC maps). But Nuketown, and Firing Range would always be chosen by the players in-game since mostly everyone loves those 2 maps since they are both small, and everyone always camps at the same spot on those 2 maps.

Looks like you didn't understand what I actually wrote. The maps will be original, but if there is less than 7 players in-game the maps would be small (their small version). It won't always be small. It will either be it's original map or small (just depends on the amount of players in-game). Learn to read mate.

You didn't mention that anywhere in your post.  learn to write

The reason why I said "(small version)" to the maps that have small versions is because they are going to be small maps and they will be original maps. Just like we have in 1.7, it depends on how many players are in-game, and it depends what the map size will be (either big or small). So don't think that all the maps are going to be small no matter how many players are in-game. The maps will be original and small (depending on the amount of players that are in-game).

(from original post)

You didn't mention that anywhere in your post.  learn to write

hmm

-

IMO, the rotation should be mixed like:

80 second map (We need the extra time if server crashes, probably the new big array)

Most !like(d) map

Most !dislike(d) map

2nd most !like(d) map

2nd most !dislike(d) map

3rd most !like(d) map

and so on..

What do you guys think? I think that would be good because sometimes we lose people if there are 2-3 maps they dont like in a row.

• Upvote 1

You can implement as many versions of one map as you want, but you should NEVER exceed the limit of 140 map-cades per single map. This is because the ammount of map-cades placed in the Bunker mod also collides with everything implemented into ZAM (because these are two seperate mods).

A cool idea is to make multiple versions of each map - normal (with only spots in the general map itself), normal + out-of-the map (flags included) and just out-of-the-map (subject open to discussion).

You can do "out-of-the-map" spots, but keep in mind 2 things:

1. they will most likely have to be accessed via flags (to and from), so make sure that they cannot be blocked off or are easy traffic for spawn-killing;

2. don't forget to block the spot itself, to prevent people from accessing the rest of the map.

Off-topic:

I have a lot of things I can share regarding the Bunker mod, which I will, but most likely  the next weekend, due to school shit I have to do.

nonnono can easy do 200 cades, but where it would be hard to keep track of the likes and dislikes of the maps and then change the rotation accordingly

No.

I feel as if you only read the very first sentence of my post and then decided to write this. Anyway, ZAM itself has things of its' own which conflict with the map-cades from the Bunker mod, plus you got map elements as well which are a story of its' own.

The conclusion is - don't go over 140 map-cades per map, deal with it and don't moan about it. Add as many versions of one map as you wish, but stick to this policy. Unless Classixz removes map elements and things from ZAM itself, it's a no-brainer.

nonnono can easy do 200 cades, but where it would be hard to keep track of the likes and dislikes of the maps and then change the rotation accordingly

It could be updated monthly or something and then the likes and dislikes would be restarted so after that month we would have a month to vote for next months rotation.

• Founder

@Ramsy ZAM can have and got a map with 270 cades, we had maps with over 300 so that's no problem at all.

As what it seems like Viirus, you didn't already know that when it's under 8 players on ZAM the maps go to small, it's been like that for ages now. Map vote is something that I might add but maybe just map restart or vote for one out of two maps. Like on console version.

• Upvote 1

@Ramsy ZAM can have and got a map with 270 cades, we had maps with over 300 so that's no problem at all.

Then why tell me to never go above over 140 map-cades? You always told me this, whenever I asked you. Regardless whether I wanted to create a single spot or re-make an entire map, you always told me this. When UZM was released and nowadays as well. Just putting that out there.

You haven't made maps for ZAM the past 12 months.

That's beside the point. Just because I, a single member of the community, did not work with maps in quite some time, doesn't mean that making a post (update; news) about the new limitations of the mod (ZAM) would have hurt.

Furthermore, when you said that you will only add maps made by yourself (due to you working with your different version of the Bunker mod), and especially when I made more showcase spots than even indy and some others, yet you added their spots and maybe one spot made by myself, 2 tops, I lost all motivation to create maps (I even included screenshots, explanations and edited map codes (all lined up and ready to implement)).

Obviously, I cannot say that my spot(s) deserved to be put in, but it's obvious that there were definitely some that you at least could have given a shot.

You obviously don't like being wrong, that is why you're butthurt?  Anyways, I assume (if it happened) the 140 cades were kind of a borderline, with common sense you should think that.  Anyways, you're not always right, get over it.

• Upvote 1