Last push for ZAM 1.8

iamindy33

ZAM 2.0  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like zam to..

• Have the 2 round system mentioned or
    • Keep zam the same way it is now(with the updates already in 1.8)

Ok guys indy's pollz are back!(someone needs to name a strip club after it)

But anyways, as we have noticed the last week or maybe even longer before the 2 year anniversary event is that during the day zam had been "emptier than normal". Is this because black ops is dying as people have said for so long? or is it because the mod needs to be spiced up or completely flipped upside down?

So Faith and I were brainstorming on things to help improve the mod and now we have a proposal..

For all this time we were trying to make out some kinda of balance between the snipers/ scorelimits/ bunkers difficulty/ aa12 and other guns so that everybody will get something they like, but in reality players will always have a wide variety of different agendas on how they want to play.  Basically should it be really easy for hunters to survive and have overpowered guns and favor the play style of "noobs", or should it be harder to survive where only the more skilled players can survive and noobs get left behind.

So to quote a little mexican girl in a hard or soft shell taco commercial "why can't we have both"

Yes! This is why we're proposing a 2 round per map system, one easy and quick that gives players the ability to do what ever they so please, and then a hard round where survivors need to truly work and help each other to be able to survive

Ez rounds would consist of:

-a 5 minute time limit or a 100 kill score limit whichever would come first

- Bunkers! these would include many huge skybases and one entrance spots, but this would also allow for any old/ new spots that may be considered op on the current version of zam, but now with this maps could be used to the highest potential and spots like myst"s awesome radiation spots and more!

-Cades! This has been debated about whether of not they should cost more or less do to the difficulty of the bunker, but it will probably depend on something that might be added later to spice things up

- RAVEN, yes! the thing I love to hate, with this score limit and fast pace gameplay of the Ez maps the Raven that you guys use to know and love could come back, thats right forcefield could be 1500 and only 1k for adapt (deathcall could even be added back but that could take up a chunk of the scorelimit for others so maybe)

- And of course my personal favorite is that the price of all AWESOME weapons would be cut down nearly in half, the most expensive being M&S at a whopping 2,000pts, so just giving that, the opportunity to run for m&s every single game, makes me on edge

- More that I haven't shared because it needs to be worked out yet and any cool ideas you might come up with for Ez maps can still be added.

Hard maps would consist of:

-Directly after the end of the Ez round the map would fastrestart and load in "the hard bunker"

-This round will then have an UNLIMITED score limit and the time limit is yet to be determined(10-15mins prolly)

- Cade prices have also yet to be determined

- The bunker will be hard, aka no one entrance p cade spots where 5 people can camp, no skybases to mooch and get free&simple easy kills, and many spots with 2 or more entrances where you will need a team and a leader in order to survive until the end

-inflation! the price of awesome weapons and raven will back up and maybe even harder than it is now

-To help some players that might need it their will be special survivor bonus' for them(yet to be determined)

-And if you're picked first as a zombie and you think you game is over WRONG if you get a certain amount of kills(yet to be determined xd) you can resurrect yourself back into the game as a survivor and see if you can last the rest of the map

-the map will then end and the credits would play, highest scoring player between the two rounds would be shown and the rotation would go to the next map for 2 rounds there as normal

-and of course any ideas you guys might mention to improve of the hard maps

So what do you guys think, keep zam as is now or try out a 2 round idea where you can try many different types of play style and challenge yourself to something new?

and of course this would back up the release date for 1.8 back even more, but I see it as a revival of some new and old things

• Upvote 9

Sorry indy, I disagree on dis one +_+. Well I dont completely disagree: Surely we can apply some of those ideas into the mod, but i do not agree with the 2 map thing. I mean, in real 1.8 even in regular maps, we can apply "becoming a human again with 200 points" if you kill 8 zombies. That would work pretty well I think. 

• Upvote 3

I like these ideas. But, I don't want to see more base in the sky, I mean like the tower on Crisis..I would like to see balance and I have an idea..If you are a survivor and if you don't have any kills you will get 300pts after 5 minutes. You don't get it if you are hiding like a ninja.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hell no skybunkers pls, everybody would go up there and camp there like a little scary rabbit who don't want to stay at the same groud as the zombies. I'm not really sure about that 2 round thing, I personally don't want to play every map 2 times right after the first game ended. 5 minutes rounds? are they even worth playing? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Honestly, these idea would be great, but let's be honest, zam is empty because black ops is getting really old....

These ideas would be amazing for a new MOD on black ops 3 hopefully if mod tools are in it. I don't know if classixz will want to though.

I generally like the 2 map idea, but again, zam is dying not to due to the mod being bad, not at all, its amazing as it is, by far better than it was before, but the fact that black ops is old, people start leaving. For example me, i still try to play every day, but sometimes black ops is just to boring and i rather play games like csgo. I would love if classixz made a new mod on black ops 3 if possible, that would bring much more gamers, and well full servers again

But in all seriousness really good ideas, gj guys.

• Upvote 4

well honestly I don't think black ops will ever die, due to dedicated servers and ofc mods, the reason I'm this optimistic is NR2003

This is the 2003 edition of a NASCAR game for pc, it had the ability to mod shit, lots of shit. And to this day people are adding hundreds of new cars, tracks, and paint schemes, to keep up and even surpass some of the latest editions of racing games, it's forever been the most popular and most loved overtime, bo1 can do the same.

The addition of more sky bases is so that new players can go and learn and improve their skill to become a better player in zam, I don't think this will attract the majority due to the score limit, players are going to be running around trying to rack up as many points as they can so that they can try some cool new incredible shit and see if it works. Then if it does pay off they can try it with a higher score limit and see how long they last.

trollarch will just real troll again, they will probably relese mod tools for black ops 3, but no dedicated servers, only modding in private match, also they're not joinable xdddd

cracked version here we go? rip

#PlzTrollarchFixDedicatedServersAndFokinModToolsPlsStopTrollingLikeAllofTheOtherCallofDutyGamesThatHaveBeenRelesedBetweenBlackOps1AndAdvancedWarfare

I think this hastag will be pretty famous on twitter and instagram m8

• Upvote 1

I was reading this last night and it made me think of something. Something that I really like and support. Good job indy.

I've been apart of the mod (community) for 2 years and I am still here today. I've played Black Ops for a good 3 years (2 years on ZAM) and I understand that the game may be old and boring, but I try my best to be active for as long as I can. I do take breaks once in a while just because there aren't that many people on during the schooldays and I understand. But during the weekend, there's always people in both servers which is strange but yet fun.

Went a little off topic there, but I will try to stay on topic from here on out.  :unsure:

The 2 round system thing could be worth a try and we'll see how the players think of it. I like taking challenges and ZAM might look cooler and different. As I mentioned, I've been here for 2 years and you definitely don't know how I feel whenever I play on the ZAM server. I mean everyone always camps in those same spots every round every rotation and there is no fun in that. I as an admin try my best to think of other spots that I can try out that people haven't tried out before (or have tried out a spot and to do it myself). I understand that you guys might say that I too camp in the same spots some of the time. I do camp in the same spots some of the time just to either help those noobs or try out something different in that spot. Nice going on these ideas, indy and Faith. Now let's just wait and see what will really happen in version 1.8. Will it be different or will it stay the same like always.

A few additional notes or questions:

1) How will the rotation work?

2) If we use the !maprotate, !fastrestart, or !maprestart commands would it ruin the rotation?

3) If we add this 2 round system thing, will this really attract more players to join ZAM?

• Upvote 1

1. I briefly thought about having a different type of rotation, but the map order will most likely stay the same, although if people want a new rotation I did post one I liked in some topic about it somewhere, not random maps, just a different order that had 2 nukes and 2 firing's  I think

2. !maprotate will just rotate to the next map no matter the round, !fastrestart would just restart the map to round 1 I'm pretty sure, some of these cmds might be adjusted or taken out, depending on a few other things

3. As for attracting more players I think it will create a less hostile environment for real noobies, I always think back to the day RelaxingEnd came and played and struggled and left in 2 games, what could've been... but I also think it can bring back players that may have left from the old days, perhaps people who weren't vip's because they never really had the feeling of an update because they don't get any new classes

A few additional notes or questions:

1) How will the rotation work?

2) If we use the !maprotate, !fastrestart, or !maprestart commands would it ruin the rotation?

3) If we add this 2 round system thing, will this really attract more players to join ZAM?

• Upvote 3

Tonight its already too late for me to tell you guys what came up to my mind. But I will tell you guys all about it tomorrow. I disagreed on indy's post due to some stuff I thought would not be good for the mod. But i think I can fix that with the ideas that i have in my mind, i will do my homework now:/ and tell u all bout it tomorrow : )

• Upvote 1

well the ideas are ok with the 2 map system but i dont think too that server gonna be full again...

first of all it comes summetime every1 normaly player goes out hanging around with his friends and do his things outside , not sitting on pc and playing lol ^^

and ofc it can be that black ops dies and we accept the example with the 2 maps systems rounds and the servers are still empty what than ?

so for me its 50/50 

also the first round on array can be the small map:D

So, if array will be the small map then we should adjust it up a little bit and not let it be like last time.

What I was thinking was, we could leave small array like it was before but people hated it so much. All they would do is go camp at that OP flag spot which was a disadvantage for the zombies.

If we leave it like we did before then we could consider the following:

1) Make there be 2 entrances at that C2 spot and we'll see if it will work out.

2) Maybe change the spot up a little bit?

3) Keep it like it was. But people would argue about this option.

People enjoyed small array but the only problem was that OP flag spot.

We could consider the following:

1) We have 1 flag placed somewhere in the middle building. The only problem is, Array is practically its original map unless we block off all the exits in that middle building.

2) I thought of having multiple flag spots yet that may be a problem as its practically just going to be Big Array anyways. So I thought of maybe having at maximum of 2 flag spots on Array. Options could be C2, C3, or around the D4 and D5 area. But I am not sure how this would work. Would we have to block off some areas or what?

3) We could have no flags but have many spots in the small map of Array. Might be a lot of work and might be strange. But how would people do the Easter egg then? I mean it's possible to do the Easter Egg on Array but you just never know if there's a barrier outside the map. -.-

I want to reiterate something again.

indy, when I asked you about how the rotation worked I wasn't really clear on that at all. What I meant to type was, let's say we're on Array and it's the easy mode. Once the game ends, will the game restart and go on to the hard mode or would it just rotate like it always does? Sorry for not being clear about it.