Idea for ZAM

Alapoulka

Hey guys, here is a little topic to introduce an idea to make ZAM better.

I suppose all of you has ever tried playing ZAM when they are no many players connected (i'm speaking of 2 to 7 players, excluding bots).

Well, it can be sometimes boring, specially when players go in easy spots, cade them etc for sometimes 1 or 2 zoms.

So my idea will be to make the cades unavailaible for a low numbers of players on server.

Like this, players will go knife, that won't be borring for the players wo like knifing because they will be able to knife by knowing the game will end fast and won't be scared to die and to be annoyed of trying getting hard campers nearly alone.

Futhermore that could be an opportunity for the new players to try to knife and to discover how fun it can be. 

PS : of course if one day that should be realized, zombies health should be fixed to 300 HP max.

Tell me what you thing about it (if you understood my english).

• Upvote 1

You say it yourself, zam is boring with 7 players or less, so let's make it good even with a few numbers of players, because even for the nabs wo camp with 1 or 2 zoms, it's boring, they get one kill every 2 minutes.... And maybe they don't knife caus they are scared to knife and die caus they bad at it, by making cades unavailaible, they'll know the games will be fast and won't care to go knife and to dead nearly instantly.

The main point of ZAM is to stay alive. Being able to barricade is a huge part in achieving this destination. I would just like to say that although it will get them better at knifing it is unfair to force those who camp into it, because that is not what the mod is for.

iamindy33

"wasn't it you that was camping with just 10 players today on nuketown? Its also funny that someone who claims to want 300 max hp always seems to have 400+ when other players are running at the start of a game.

I enjoy the thought or your ideas but can't take them seriously coming from a hypocrite"

Hypocryte ? Seriously ? 

Well, you see, you just demonstrated that fixing hp at 300 and making cades unavailaible will be usefull. GJ

PS : I think 10 players is already good to camp if you are alone in a spot

The main point of ZAM is to stay alive. Being able to barricade is a huge part in achieving this destination. I would just like to say that although it will get them better at knifing it is unfair to force those who camp into it, because that is not what the mod is for.

Maybe the first aim of ZAM is to stay alive, but in the facts, it is more having fun and getting many kills. If the aim is only to stay alive, you'd better have to hide in the map the whole game, you'll get more luck to survive...

And players still will be able to camp in the " no cades " spots and arent obligated to knife, they also can run and shoot.

May I add that their is a very simple way of fixing this. It's simple, and this way you get your fun and campers get theirs. Buy a skin, Misty it will give you Bowie and speedo and then the ho won't matter for you. But they are still able to get it for campers.

I like the OP cuz I like the core idea, cuz it gave me an idea that came out of that, but I don't approve of the 300 HP idea.

Now, as much as disabling barricades would both make things somewhat funner and fasten up the pace of the game (speaking solely in the 8 or under 8 players only aspect here), one thing would never change. And that thing is something that has always been present, is present and will be present in discussions such as this one. There's a 1-1-1 siding happening, where one side of the community approves of your idea, one side disproves of it, and then there's the third one, where people would like the idea if something was different. So, instead of making it solely a "game-mode" with no barricades, why not make "mini game-modes" which would be selectable from, just like you can vote for a map? Basically, you implement a bunch of these mini game-modes, people vote from them and the one with the most votes takes part in the next game. These mini game-modes can be "no barricades", "knife only", "snipe only" and other ones.

Finally, and before I say this, this idea is originally from ZEM, so if you're gonna get butthurt, then stop reading or read and don't reply with butthurt comments.

Whenever Jungle loaded up on ZEM, there was a run and gun game-mode that would play out, where there were no barricades, but zombies would drop health packets upon dying which could be picked up by the humans. Now that ZAM has a lot more than it did in v1.7., a lot can be done to make something such as that game-mode.

Here's some ideas:

- if players vote for run and gun over other game-modes, it plays on the next game

- no barricades

- no Shaman Zombie

- zombies drop health packets upon death which give the human that picks it up ????? HP

- the health stacks, humans can build up to a total of ????? HP

- zombies can still buy HP, just as usual, but much more, maybe around ????? (I'd suggest up to 2000 HP or more)

- Builder and other inappropriate classes get disabled once run and gun is playing

- Arlington's jet fuel should automatically re-fill over time, but slowly; maybe make some zombies randomly drop jet fuel carnisters for Arlingtons to take, but rarely?

- smth for CIA

- smth for Misty

- perhaps, a very short aura appears around a human, for about one second (which completely protects him from zombies) once the human gets a Minigun (or anything heavy)

????? - unknown value, you can suggest ideas for these.

• Upvote 3

I

Here's some ideas:

- if players vote for run and gun over other game-modes, it plays on the next game

- no barricades

- no Shaman Zombie

- zombies drop health packets upon death which give the human that picks it up ????? HP

- the health stacks, humans can build up to a total of ????? HP

- zombies can still buy HP, just as usual, but much more, maybe around ????? (I'd suggest up to 2000 HP or more)

- Builder and other inappropriate classes get disabled once run and gun is playing

- Arlington's jet fuel should automatically re-fill over time, but slowly; maybe make some zombies randomly drop jet fuel carnisters for Arlingtons to take, but rarely?

- smth for CIA

- smth for Misty

- perhaps, a very short aura appears around a human, for about one second (which completely protects him from zombies) once the human gets a Minigun (or anything heavy)

Like this idea, health stacking for humans and zoms could be nice,

Something like 3000 health max for hunters ( 1 zombie knife = 500 HP ),

But more and more expensif (500 HP to 1000 HP = 200 pts for 100 HP , 1000 to 1500 = 400 pts for 100 HP, 1500 to 3000 = 500 pts )

1 knife kill = 200 pts, any other kill = 100 pts. And more the HP increase, more it takes time to regain your health. 

Zombies will get 2000 HP max, getting 100 pts per death and buying 100 hp will cost 200 pts.

Humans could also get knife in the knife shop ( no classes ), where will be 1000/1500/2000 HP knifes.

When human buy a knife in the knife shop, all his weaps are retired expect a gun ( a bad one )

And no jetpack, people will find a way to glitch in spots and to camp... that'll broke the game 

(Just gave numbers for exemple, idk if it's balanced)