Your Jobs?

Okay, so I was wondering what some of the older guys do for a living or just as a part time or summer job. I figured it would be cool to see what other people do and if anyone does the same type of job. I for one help my mom with the day care every once and a while and get about $135 a week. Its nothing huge but its a little money that I can waste and donate with. So.....what are your jobs? 

Well, I have 1 job. And that job would be Street Patrol. What me and my dad do, is choose a street that we think is a busy street, and we patrol it. What we do is, we have stop signs placed and then what we do is indicate which car will go. How we do that is, me or my dad point to someone and they would go. Still we can do this job for one season which I am glad about, not to deal with doing it every single day. But I mean we get payed 15-20 dollars a week. Who cares, I hate this job and can't wait until the street lights are finally processed so then me, my dad, and these 5 other people we know don't have to think about patrolling another street near our area ever again.

I too was thinking to get a couple more jobs during the summer time such as mow the lawn for the neighbors, or walk the dog but it was too late. I guess this summer I will just be on the computer playing ZAM, Left 4 Dead 2, and going outside to hang out with friends and going to the pool and what not.

@ So you help your mom out with the day care. Man it must be annoying dealing with the kids and what not. 135 dollars, pretty good for a salary in my opinion. To tell you the truth, my mom has been telling me how she wanted to open a Day Care Center when I grow up. I just think that's a bad idea just because I would just be sitting in a room full of annoying kids thinking, Mom this is the worst idea ever planned, I want to kill myself!

But when I grow up, I was first starting off to work at a Grocery Store, since I love to eat a lot. Then afterwards, retire and get another job. What I was thinking to be when I grow up is to be either a computer engineer, fix people's computers and improve their computers, or to be a computer designer where I can be able to design awesome pictures, games and what not. OR I could do both of them but it would require a lot of Schooling maybe.

My Question: What is your guys' dream job and What will you guys do when you are older? What I mean by older is, will you go to college then graduate to get your dream job or a better job or will you graduate High School and go work at a Fast Food Restaurant or Grocery Store. 

My Answer would probably be to go to college, graduate and get my dream job if not my dream job then maybe a job that pays a lot of money is what I'm hoping for. 

I had a great GPA at the end of all 8 grades in grade school, along with exemplary behaviour, and this helped me become one of the few people out there that managed to get into a medicinal high school program. It's tough, and we have 5 years, and we begin doing practical work on year 3 (which is my next school year, beginning some time aroun September the 6th or so). 5th year, however, is without school, and we will be paid for doing practical work, and we will also get community hours for the work we do. If I do good in all 5 years, I'll have an easy shot at joining a college of some sort (haven't really decided what I'm gonna go for yet), and I am most likely gonna join a college, just to benefit myself a more secure and profitable future job. I can memorise and learn a lot of things with ease (some even say I have a photographic memory, although it's as not outstanding like, oh idk, TBBT's Sheldon Cooper's eidetic memory) and this is obviously good, because I'm gonna need this kind of skill in my line of work. I can also work with blood and stuff like that, and it doesn't creep me out, so that's another perk on my behalf. The one thing I personally hate is having to learn a lot of Latin.

As for my dream job, I can't really say what that'd be. Probably something that is aimed at helping people with healthcare, and would (obviously) be both safe and highly profitable. My aunt, for example, never even went to college and she gets $8.000 monthly + bonuses for extra work hours. I can invision myself doing something such as medical examination in pathology or something of the kind, but who knows what the future holds for me.

As for temporary/summer jobs, prior or current, I really haven't had any serious ones, set aside mowing people's lawns, cleaning their driveways, etc... You really cannot find any kind of work here where I live that would be of any significance, which is why all the work I do is mostly housework and around-the-house housework.

Funny thing though - when I was a kid, I'd pirate/torrent a video-game, burn it on a disk and sell it for, say $10 or so. Easy money. :D

• Upvote 1

Well in my country is chrises(with money...). I was looking for a job for 2 years everday i would go to see if there was any job left that i could earn for me and my family.After long time and suffering for looking a job i finally manage to got it....This summer i will work on a beach  as a life guard my payment will be 2,500$ per month/3 months...I was really excited when i heard i got the job.....I know alot of people who have a problem with finding a job there are still looking for a job after many years....But finding job in my country is seriously hard.....Now i am truhly that i found a job...Well my dream job is quite good i hope i will become Director or Buisneesman something like that :D

For all people:If you are too looking for a job many months/years dont quit you will get in when the times comes ;)...And dont let anyone destroyes your dreams...

I think that everybody in this community older had problems like me and that is done:) 

Best lucks to everbody in future

jobs r for newbs who follow the system:p

So, I guess you will grow up with no job, you will stay with your parents obviously, and you might end up on the street asking for money. Jobs aren't for newbies, jobs are awesome and get you a lot of money for something special you have been waiting for, for years. A lot of people follow the system, I guess you don't?

• Downvote 1

Well Virus jobs arent "awesome"....Some jobs are awesome,some not that is big diffrence......Easy if you are like Directior or something that is awesome but if you work as trash guy or fizical worker that isnt awesome....

Well I don't know what about you but I have the best job ever :D

I'm working on summer camp on our one of Israel's beaches, it's awesome to work there, also pretty girls :D :D :D

Thanks for reading this

Yuvalpre

P.S well let me tell you something brother

In 23 days, I will be back active and I will officially return to play ZAM!!!

So, I guess you will grow up with no job, you will stay with your parents obviously, and you might end up on the street asking for money. Jobs aren't for newbies, jobs are awesome and get you a lot of money for something special you have been waiting for, for years. A lot of people follow the system, I guess you don't?

No offense ViiRus, but do you not see sarcasm, even when it's obvious like in indy's sentence?

No offense, I was just pretending to say those things.

That "pretending" might be taken for granted or misunderstood by some people. You say that now, meaning that you were joking as well, but your post does seem quite personal to me. Just my opinion.

I work as operating personnel on biogas station, Its hard to explain what everything i have to do, but simply i keep it properly running, so it can produce as much electricity as possible.

Well, we are a secret cult, we call ourselves male prostitutes but society calls us pedophiles, personally I do not see a difference. Anyways, I have been moderating you for the past decade and I would say that you are ready for upper corporate managment.  We do not follow many rules, in-fact the pay is terrible but our 1 rule is: If the age is on the clock he's ready for the cock.

• Upvote 1