What happened to UU?

Ramsy

Heads up - this thread is not about ZAM and is basically gonna revolve around TeamSpeak users and people overall that aren't "the same as before". I was contemplating making this only visible to clan members, but there's people that aren't in the clan that I want to see this.

So, as most of you know, a lot of drama went down not that long ago (people spamming the forums to get indy unbanned, some people getting kicked out of the clan or leaving the clan cuz of events regarding that) and it essentially caused part of the community to collapse. For instance, whenever I used to hop on TeamSpeak before, the UU chat was thriving with people and the private channels and other assorted channels had people in them as well. Now, everything's reserved. Barely anyone in the UU chat, everyone stuck to their private channels and what-not. It's the reason why I also had a private channel made for myself (that, and the fact that I needed a place for me and my Rust friends to talk). It's actually depressing to see what things have turned to and the fact that noone has spoken up about it.

With that said, I'm gonna list a few things that people did wrong and a few things that should be done to put things back in order. Like it or not, it's what it is and I'm speaking openly about it.

1. It was perfectly fine when people occassionally brought it to Classixz' attention that they wanted indy unbanned, but it was wrong of people to spam the forums, chatbox, TeamSpeak, BO1 servers and people on Steam about how they're pissed and wanted to see change. indy's an adult, he can speak for himself. Although that's not specifically what this thread is about, I'm throwing this out there.
2. It was wrong of me for not putting more effort into speaking to people and making them not feel as pissed off with events that were going on, I basically saw the situation and basically just thought to myself: "Meh, things will sort themselves out.", I should've put more thought in.

Now, what can we, as a community, do in order to make things better? And don't say that I shouldn't have even brought some of these issues up because "things were cooling down". I'd rather have a shitstorm going on than nothing at all at this rate.

1. Every person that has done something, or said something, that can be considered wrong in any way, or misunderstood by someone, or maybe something that ticked someone off, NEEDS to come face with reality and say that they did wrong, be realistic with themselves and think about the other person's point of perspective. I want you to think about what you did or said, say it, apologize for it if need be it and say what you expect. Did someone say or do something to you? Stop holding a grudge against them, whining behind their back to your friends in TeamSpeak/Skype/Steam/other and come clean. Say what you did and what you want.
2. People need to stop being so "held back". Don't even bother saying how, for instance, you stick to private channels in TeamSpeak cuz it's more practical. Like I mentioned earlier, TeamSpeak used to thrive and now it's nothing, or at least seems to be nothing. I rarely ever find people to talk to. If you've got a grudge or something against someone, man the fuck up, talk to them, work shit out and get back on track. This doesn't just apply to TeamSpeak, but anything else you can think of.

With that said:

This is from over 3 or so months ago, so it might be overdue. I'm sorry to @gart3 if, I at any point in time, made you feel bad or depressed or anything along those lines by anything I said to you. There was a lot of talking behind your back going on regarding shit you said about Moon Bear, so I'd sometimes approach the situation wrong and essentially gossip, rather than talk to you about it.

I thought really hard about who I thought I had to apologise for, whatever be the reason, and if I wanted something from someone, and what I just said above is all I could think of.

If not for yourself, do this for at least for the sake of this community. You know you want to be friends and talk to with that someone you're holding a grudge against, whatever you tell me. You don't have to be honest with me, but be honest with yourself.

I may have said some stuff that made you cringe, but whatever the fuck, I tried.

• Upvote 6

Alright. Well Hi. I know many of you didn't want me to retire from UU. I know you guys told me not to do it...many of you, many times. I am sorry for that. I am sorry that I retired without a second thought what would happen. But, listen. No one stays stays forever, there is a time when people retire. I helped out as much as I could for almost 3 years as a mod/admin/HA. And just because I am retired now, it doesn't mean i don't help people, when I am in the servers, I still help new players, cade for them, teach them the basics. I still try to help out in the forms as well, when somebody needs it.

I am going to give some random suggestions:

This first one is about Admin Class. I wanted to tell this to classixz while I was still a Head Admin. But now, since I will not even have a admin class, obviously I am saying this because I think it is a good thing for admins to have a class. Now I will explain why. When I had admin class, I used to help new players much more to be honest. I CADED FOR THEM like ALL the time! I took them to sorf of running adventures with me, sometimes. I protected them with barricades, mines, freeze traps. After I lost admin class, I had no speedo obviously, or 290 pts (Which I personally was fine with, because obviously i could earn them), but I was not able to help new players as much as I used to. I was no longer able to cade for them, put freeze traps for them, mines as much as I used to. So, that is just a suggestion, if you wanna reconsider the admin class.

Ok 2nd thought. I know you guys have already been thinking about this. But after like a week or something, (even if it is a small event) just try to make one happen. I know you want to make a BIG event soon @Classixz and I understand that. But for now, how about we do a ZAM VERSION OIC/Stick&stone/GUN GAME Challenge in ZAM? THIS Weekend? Think about it, and If you do decide to do it, please make an announcement on the website, so everyone knows about it, and they get on the servers. This will bump up the servers a little bit for sure, AND we can have alot of fun times on ZAM!

3rd...Idk This might bout coulda of a "weird" suggestion or thought, but here it is: So I was thinking you make another channel in teamspeak below UU channel, that any UU member can join, including retired, old UUk/UUs Members/ dayz/h1z1/ Basically everyone that is ever been in UU can join. So that might solve the small teamspeak problem that your having now. I will join it for sure when im zamming or whatever, instead of my private channel, and maybe some other members will get encouraged and join it aswell.

Ok well this was it for now, if more suggestions/ thoughts come to my head I will be sure to bring em up. Remember, I am only trying to help... Thanks for making this topic Rams. 

• Upvote 7

First thing I wanna say is ye I don't use the UU teamspeak that often anymore and I don't talk to all the members that I used to talk to. I tried to stay out of the drama, but I made that topic and got a lot of shit for it. Im not a person that hates other people and I easily forgive people but I lost so much respect for people that talked behind my back and lied to me, and thats the biggest reson why I don't join the UU ts anymore.

People came to me and asked me why I had my opinions and that my opinions were wrong and that my friends were stupid and that we were a group of hates, and ye Im sorry @stlmokevin and @The One Patriot that my opinions may have effected you guys leaving. Im rlly sry. And Im sorry if I ever offended anyone.

• Upvote 1

I always hop into the UU chat when m playing ZAM, unless im with my Aussie friend head shot. The problem is that i dont find enough enjoyment out of ZAM when im alone to want to play it, I still like to hop on every-now-and-then but i cant seem to get the enjoyment out of it as i used to. As a result of this i am to blame for sitting in my private channels instead of being in the UU channels,

What happened to UU

Answer: UU Members

If one of our UU members has problems with another UU member, they are getting into fights, they are disrespecting each other and just talking trash. What should the UU member(s) do?
1. Talk with a more high ranking UU member to notify them of this problem so they can help sort out this problem?
2. Talk with the person that is disrespectful or whatever and try to sort it out, one on one?
3. Slightly ignore each other because they'll just end up fighting?
4. Go into a small group of people and gossip behind everyone's back without telling anyone but their closest friend(s) so no1 knows the UU member has a problem except some very few people

=D

• Upvote 3

If you ask me what happend. Than you won't get a answer anyone wants to hear. So since u linked me this shit I'll just tell u something about the current problem and not go into past problems. So what I think that the problem is that ZAM is dying and events wont do shit to ts. Making DLC maps for it wont help anyway and it's only gonna ruin it more (since I don't think you're gonna run a second server for dlc's and it would make it so a group of people can't join ps. atleast you won't keep it up for a long time so it's gonna be imported into the normal servers). Besides that the "people" u saw in ts you could say was lemme put it this way my friends group (and ofc. the finish randoms). and that might sound selfish but it's the truth. and there's no difference in the ts server. Everyone is still in it's place and you just miss joining into our channel if you we're bored at anytime.

I didn't understand so much but k

So you said that we will add DLC maps to ZAM EU/US after the other DLC server expires?

And I didnt understand shit when you were talking about Finish Randoms and what sounded selfish?

Or maybe I'm just tired  xd

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Griggs said:

I didn't understand so much but k

So you said that we will add DLC maps to ZAM EU/US after the other DLC server expires?

And I didnt understand shit when you were talking about Finish Randoms and what sounded selfish?

Or maybe I'm just tired  xd

yes

• Upvote 1

I guess i really don't have much to say since somehow I'm the one everybody hates.

But I never said anything about Moon Bear, and even if I did it was probably meant facetiously. Of everyone in UU, Ida has ALWAYS been nice and been there for me, I wouldnt ever want to talk shit about her.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gart3 said:

I guess i really don't have much to say since somehow I'm the one everybody hates.

They don't hate you Gart, they just worship the quicksand you walk on. ;P

Come on, lets lighten the mood guys and move on together as a community. For those of you needing an Ebonics translation, "Yo Come on, lets lighten da mood pimpz an' move on together as uh community in the hood."

• Upvote 2

I tried to resist posting under this but their is just so much that could be said and none of it is positive so ill just be quiet kappa

But since you said you wanted it to revolve around ts3 its pretty simple, 1/3 of the UU channel was banned, another third of it resigned but still are going to stick around and play just like before(logic?) but now in private channels instead, so you probably have the last third twiddling their thumbs not knowing where to go while in ts. Thats just my guess

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, iamindy33 said:

I tried to resist posting under this but their is just so much that could be said and none of it is positive so ill just be quiet kappa

But since you said you wanted it to revolve around ts3 its pretty simple, 1/3 of the UU channel was banned, another third of it resigned but still are going to stick around and play just like before(logic?) but now in private channels instead, so you probably have the last third twiddling their thumbs not knowing where to go while in ts. Thats just my guess

we had like 24 member before everything, so we banned 8 people from UU channel? (kicked them out of UU) and another 8 people resigned?

Since last time I checked it wasn't 16 people who left/got kicked, or maybe I just missed a few posts and bans.

20 hours ago, iamindy33 said:

1/3 of the UU channel? Lol. BTW most of us are either in the UU channel together now, or we are all in the public lounge. We don't ever really use private channels, and the ones who do don't really play zam...

52 minutes ago, gart3 said:

1/3 of the UU channel? Lol. BTW most of us are either in the UU channel together now, or we are all in the public lounge. We don't ever really use private channels, and the ones who do don't really play zam...

I can cur  with this 

2 hours ago, gart3 said:

I agree and suggest the private channels be removed, as this will funnel the players to the desired public channels. 

Nah, we must have private channels, it's up to us to not use them and be more social.

Playing games such as csgo where only 5 people can be in 1 team (normal) then you dont want to be in a public channel where random trolling kids will join.

(and when I say random i mean random, ppl who go around in teamspeak server browser, find teamspeaks and troll) or just trolls inside UU xd

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Griggs said:

Nah, we must have private channels, it's up to us to not use them and be more social.

Playing games such as csgo where only 5 people can be in 1 team (normal) then you dont want to be in a public channel where random trolling kids will join.

(and when I say random i mean random, ppl who go around in teamspeak server browser, find teamspeaks and troll) or just trolls inside UU xd

well privates channel arent the problem if you use them in a good way, they shouldn be used as a way to avoid any contact with a UU or regular TS user it should just be used as grigz said for privacy in a csgo game for focus or anything like that

I agree with both Griggs and Blue. I don't want UU to make TS look like it's forcing you to talk to people you don't wanna talk to, there's no reason to put a bunch of people in a room and be like: "k, go socialize or some shit.". It's up to the people to decide when to be in which room. Ultimately, it comes down to how the person is feeling and what he's doing, I'm just saying that everyone should make more of a joint effort to talk to more people, and not be as restricted.

Maybe if you guys would decide shit togheter stuff like this wouldn't happen, obviously this is all due to the new members joining and current members not liking them. but that seems to be fixed with the new system. anyway server seems to be doing fine? i mean 22 ^players online when was the last time we hit that