GFX Area

Hunting

Hey Hunting! Just thought I would give you some helpful advice. What I wanted to say was try to make the text on the banners smaller, keep them noticible but make them smaller and neater. Try to use real professional fonts and sometimes making the font the same color of the background instead of just white goes really well(for example: The green banner, make the font the same color of green and then maybe decrease the opacity a little) Small changes like this can really go a long way. Over time I recived alot of advice from more experienced Graphic Designers then myself and I was given the same advice as I am giving you now. Most professional more experienced Designers keep the text small, and let me tell you, it looks a lot better. Also don't always keep the font in the middle of the banner, try to move it around a bit sometimes like right above the logo on the banner, below it, or below it and to the side of it. It always deppends, one way always looks better then the other when making a specific type of banner. Hope this helps man, your banners are really good as a beginner!

• Upvote 4

Hey Hunting! Just thought I would give you some helpful advice. What I wanted to say was try to make the text on the banners smaller, keep them noticible but make them smaller and neater. Try to use real professional fonts and sometimes making the font the same color of the background instead of just white goes really well(for example: The green banner, make the font the same color of green and then maybe decrease the opacity a little) Small changes like this can really go a long way. Over time I recived alot of advice from more experienced Graphic Designers then myself and I was given the same advice as I am giving you now. Most professional more experienced Designers keep the text small, and let me tell you, it looks a lot better. Also don't always keep the font in the middle of the banner, try to move it around a bit sometimes like right above the logo on the banner, below it, or below it and to the side of it. It always deppends, one way always looks better then the other when making a specific type of banner. Hope this helps man, your banners are really good as a beginner!

Thanks for taking your time King and giving me that advice! :)

Where and how to place the name/ text is a thing in which i am pretty unsure.

I'll keep your advice in my mind for my next 'project' ^_^

• Upvote 1

Wow so I paid Indy to do this and I logged back into my account and suddenly my steam had no soul.

It's a shame to see all that potential wasted on emblems, c'mon Indy do sum avatars

avatars, Avatars, AVatars, AVAtars, AVATars, AVATArs, AVATARs, AVATARS!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Gfx isn't for everyone...

Well, you are mostly right. Gfx isn't practically meant for everyone, but there are individuals in this world that would love to give it a try. I mean everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to Gfx. In other words, as a beginner. There are individuals in this world (like you) who like doing stuff like this, but I can understand why you would say that. I mean people nowadays like to try out gfx themselves and get helpful tips and comments from experts like you to see what they can do better in the future and they can become an expert at gfx.

As for you Hydra, you seem to be improving from the last time you did this gfx stuff. Kay, Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Well, you are mostly right. Gfx isn't practically meant for everyone, but there are individuals in this world that would love to give it a try. I mean everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to Gfx. In other words, as a beginner. There are individuals in this world (like you) who like doing stuff like this, but I can understand why you would say that. I mean people nowadays like to try out gfx themselves and get helpful tips and comments from experts like you to see what they can do better in the future and they can become an expert at gfx.

As for you Hydra, you seem to be improving from the last time you did this gfx stuff. Kay, Thanks.

Ye but.... my 3rd Photoshop image was this:

http://imgur.com/viLC0Zb

And them hydra pics are like his 50th... so ye.. elmo has a point

• Upvote 2