New graphics card.

KickArse

Nah.

If you want a raw performer, there so far hasn't been a better performer than dual 7970s, with the notable exception of dual 7990s or three GTX Titans.

There is absolutely no reason to get a 780, considering that even a single 7990 outperforms it and dual 7970s (which are cheaper than the Titan or 7990, even together) blow it out of the water in terms of performance. I'm talking 60+ FPS on all highest settings on 4K.

Personally I use a 7850. :P

A single 780 beats a single 7970 (In almost everything)

Double 7970's beat a single 780 (duh)

Gamerdog is talking about putting the 7970 in crossfire, while KickArse is just talking about a single gpu, which the 780 beats the 7970.

Honestly, I would go with the single 780. Less power and less heat, not quite the performance as the dual 7970's but still amazing. And you have room to upgrade to SLI 780's in the future if you want to.

• Upvote 1

It really comes down to budget.

Obviously having two 7990s or three GTX Titan's would be your best option, but 99.999% of the population doesn't have the money for it.

If you can afford dual 7970s and a sufficient PSU then go for it. If you can only afford one 7970/can't afford two AND a PSU, then yes you'd want to go with the 780.

• Upvote 1