How RAGE-QUITTING should work and be dealt with

Ramsy

NOTE: I wanted to post this in the Rules section, but I cannot start a thread there.

As we all now, the rage-quit rule on ZAM is quite simple. If there is 11 zombies, you are allowed to leave the game (there has to be 10 zombies left when you get off). Now, this is over-fucking-abused by 99.99% of the server(s) and it ends up in 50% of the killed humans leaving with no penalty. Therefore, I propose a new and improved rage-quit ruling which will, hopefully, set things straight.

I) You can only leave the game as a zombie when there is 11 zombies (there has to be 10 zombies left when you get off)!

II) You can only leave the game as a zombie once you've gotten a minimum of 2 kills as a zombie!

III) You can only leave the game as a zombie once you've died 25 or over 25 times!

IV) You can only leave the game as a zombie once you've spent over 5 minutes in the game as an actual zombie!

V) You can only leave the game as a zombie if you ask for permission from a moderator or an admin and that permission has been granted to you! NOTE: You MUST supply a valid reason (family matter(s), etc.)!

You HAVE to fulfill a minimum of 2/4 of the aforementioned before leaving as a zombie (if you do V) and have granted permission, you can instantly leave). If you do not do this, you will be banned!

As for banning people when it comes to rage-quit, I propose the following.

Rage-quit as the first infected zombie --- 5 day ban;

Rage-quit right upon death --- 4 day ban;

Rage-quit when not fulfilling 2/4 needed requirements --- 3 day ban.

Also, if you get banned 4 times for rage-quit, the 5th ban should be a PERMANENT BAN.

Anyone else agree with me on this?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

ZEM had it like that and thats one of the reasons it became dead.

So Yeah...

ZEM died because ZAM came out, was fresh, had more stuff and was updated 80% more oftenly, not because people got banned.

Plus, the current status concerning rage-quitting is bad. One simple rule. I mean, 25% of the server rarely ever plays as a zombie.

Rage quiters are annoying, but we need them to have a full server. So permanant ban is not a good idea. Do the opposite of Zem because this server is dying isn't a good reason too.

I think we should let people take their responsability and assume their mistakes.

*I have a dream... a server without rage quit*

Rage quiters are annoying, but we need them to have a full server. So permanant ban is not a good idea. Do the opposite of Zem because this server is dying isn't a good reason too.

I think we should let people take their responsability and assume their mistakes.

*I have a dream... a server without rage quit*

Taking their responsibilities implies on them having to play the objective as zombies.

Accepting their punishments implies on getting what they deserve for what they did bad.

Assuming their mistakes implies on them learning from their mistakes and improving upon them (which is obviously not happening).

Ramsy, there can be rules, but they don't have to be this strict. The definition of ragequit is leaving the game after something happens because it makes you angry, in this case getting killed as a survivor. The rule can be as simple as "You can't leave the game after you recently became a zombie." It doesn't have to go this far, because that's what happened to ZEM. ZEM imposed crazy-strict RQ rules and it died because there were too many people banned (permanently or for very long periods of time) for just RQ. I agree with Griggs. NO.

• Founder

80% of the players got over 5 Bans for RQ.

I think i can disable the leave game button if its under 11 zombies..

And rules need to be simpel, staff members wont know for sure how long he played, how many deaths he had etc.

You cant get permbanned for breaking any rule exept hackong, and we will keep it like that.

• Upvote 1

You'll just encourage them to ragequit even more if you impose these rules, because they won't want to complete these silly requirements.

Frankly, I think we need to REDUCE the rules, not strengthen them. How about must be five zombies left after you quit, plus can't quit within two minutes of dieing? That's fair to everyone.

80% of the players got over 5 Bans for RQ.

I think i can disable the leave game button if its under 11 zombies..

And rules need to be simpel, staff members wont know for sure how long he played, how many deaths he had etc.

You cant get permbanned for breaking any rule exept hackong, and we will keep it like that.

lol, even if you do add that, i know MANNY ways of how to leave a game...

and what will happen... when theres 11 zombies, and two people leave at the same exact time? :o and they had no idea the other person was leaving?

Free ban

• Founder

lol, even if you do add that, i know MANNY ways of how to leave a game...

and what will happen... when theres 11 zombies, and two people leave at the same exact time? :o and they had no idea the other person was leaving?

Free ban

Wait to 12 to be really sure, or stop RQ?