HUGE Problem

mudda_fragger

Okay so as some of you may know when you try to go into theater mod for ZAM mod sometimes a think pops up saying error and something about out of memory. I was going into theater looking at a possible hacker and it popped up. This is an issue in the actual mod files which needs to be fixed. I don't want this guy(if he is indead a hacker) to be running around the server not punished. I dont feel as if I need to discuss the actual event in the whole thread so if you wish to know please contact me via steam or on the website. I will be talking to a few admins about this because there has been various times where I wanted to go into theater mode to report someone and wasn't able to. To the admins, if you are concerned on who I believe is that person please contact me ASAP. Thanks and have a good day! 

• Upvote 1

I've never had this problem when I was where you were (reporting people). But 2 weeks ago, my friend had the same problem since he had an awesome gameplay to display on youtube, but it corrupted for him, and he got the message saying, "Out of Memory." But when my friend asked me to view his gameplay, it corrupted for me, and I got the message saying, "Out of Memory." I checked on the internet of what people said about this type of situation, and all I found so far is to either clean up your PC or MAC (if you have junk, or something else that you don't need anymore), or to get a brand new hard drive. So, I cleaned my computer multiple times and now I can only view my recent games, no one else's that sucks. I have gotten new hard drives multiple times, but it's good for at least a week or two on Black Ops recent games and what not. Mudder_Fragger, I'd maybe suggest cleaning your PC if you have junk and what not installed and not need anymore. If that doesn't work get a new hard drive, but if that doesn't work maybe you can research more about this type of situation, if you can't anything else then I guess you are going to have to deal with it. I just wish there was another way that I can help ya, but this is all I can think of. Maybe you could get a new computer, not really sure if this would be helpful, I mean I understand that you would have to pay for another one. Just do whatever you can, and I hope it works it, but if it doesn't at least we tried? 

@OwnerofAll Here are some suggestions that I found from OwnerofAll about this situation. From what I've researched, I think certain mods, or versions thereof, might inadvertently corrupted the memory sectors dedicated to storage. That appears to be the common denominator which we all share. Removing the corrupt files and replacing them with a fresh copy of the game, should resolve the issue. However, this isn't a cure all. I'm sure a players computer might also be a contributing factor. Please post a follow up message to let us know if it helped. The one thing I discovered that works is uninstalling BO on Steam, including local content, then reinstalling. Since doing so, I haven't received a single "Out of Memory" error. Not only with my own videos, but friend's videos aswell.

Mudder, you sure could say thanks to OwnerofAll, if his idea works. I too should try what OwnerofAll say. If it works for him, then it should work for the rest of us. If not, then we tried and will have to deal with this type of thing. I also remembering OwnerofAll saying something about steam causing this type of situtation, I'm not sure if I'm right of what I said transferring from what he said, but all I remembered was the word "Steam" in it. 

• Founder

What I know about this problem is that it's caused by graphics memory (your cpu). My old graphics card gtx 680 only had 2gb of memory but my new card gtx 780 which got 4 gb have no problem loading theater. I think there is a way to have memory parameters in your start line to avoid this problem, I'm not sure how much memory you need, but it should at least be more than 2048mb (2gb).

What I know about this problem is that it's caused by graphics memory (your cpu). My old graphics card gtx 680 only had 2gb of memory but my new card gtx 780 which got 4 gb have no problem loading theater. I think there is a way to have memory parameters in your start line to avoid this problem, I'm not sure how much memory you need, but it should at least be more than 2048mb (2gb).

i got 3 gtx 9800's that all dont work in my closet :/

i have a bad graphics card atm, but i dont seem to ever have this problem yet.

Makes sense, since the error message is system based and not game based. Problem is, it usually only occurs with modded game play and not unmodded matches. Can a simple mod create that large of a resource load on a video card? This isn't a new game. Today's low end computers are faster than many of the high end computers back when the game was released in 2010.