Pre-Round Suicides.

stlmokevin

Since coming over to ZAM, I've noticed many people killing themselves off while the timer ticked down to start a new round. Does this give the person extra points before the round starts? If so, doesn't that bring up balancing issues? Doesn't seem fair, in my opinion.

Can someone fill me in please?

Thanks,

stlmokevin

Yes it is, but the other matter is Admins a few other people start with 290 points so they can place mines then kill themselves and get the points back to place another mine. That would be the other reason.

Players will suicide for various reasons. Either to get different starting weapons, to spawn in mines (which can only be done by people that start off with enough points to do so) or because they have wasted their starting points and want to re-gain them.

You guys forgot one more reason why people tend to suicide before the game/round even starts. I've sometimes had this problem since "Builder" is my favorite class. Sometimes whenever I don't look, I would choose the wrong class such as Master Hunter or Escaper since they are below and above the Builder class. I can then comit suicide so then I have the right class. And sometimes when this type of thing happens and the round has started and I press 4, 5 and of course it's something else besides Builder. I don't really care, I just deal with the class I have and yeah whatever.