Possible Upcoming Tournament

stlmokevin

There is no three-way tie Elmo. The creative camping contest is going to be judged by what I think is the best. I'm discarding the EU portion that was played on the US server, as it was unfair for the EU players. 

Don't be bitter because YOU haven't won. Tailing Indy the whole match and helping him create a cade-penis, isn't exactly creative anyways lol. 

The EU portion will settle things when the server is back up, until then please don't be a Debby Downer.

Also, I'm glad the admin's participated. While I was planning this I considered the amount of new players that would be in the server while this was going on. What better way to learn how to camp than watching the vets do weird stuff. It helps people TRY things. I think it's a great idea, actually. 

And to any admin's that win, and think "what am I going to do with MVP or VIP"... How about you join the server, find a new player and make a friend out of them? What could it hurt? I see people on the servers all the time with basic loadouts because they cannot afford to purchase the Upgrades. Hook someone up! It'll make you feel good, and whatnot.

• Upvote 1

admins were free to do as pleased, yes, what is unfair is there instant perks and points rendering regular players at a disadvantage; I'm not bitter about losing as I already have MVP; what is more un-settling is the threat or lack of competition.  

FYI:  I wasn't following indy, the cade penis was my doing, and it is a creative camping spot.

I don't see it as a terrible advantage. They start with points, but many times were chosen as a zombie. Or died before setting up a camp. Besides, I think your missing my point. I wanted people to see them setting up spots, hoping it would encourage them to do the same. Maybe next time I'll ask the admins to withhold camping and play a more zombieish roll, so no one trolls my posts. Or, perhaps you Elmo can sponsor an event that tries to help our community. I doubt I would complain as much.

I don't see it as a terrible advantage. They start with points, but many times were chosen as a zombie. Or died before setting up a camp. Besides, I think your missing my point. I wanted people to see them setting up spots, hoping it would encourage them to do the same. Maybe next time I'll ask the admins to withhold camping and play a more zombieish roll, so no one trolls my posts. Or, perhaps you Elmo can sponsor an event that tries to help our community. I doubt I would complain as much.

Just ignore elmo guy... he be weird.

Also i kind of agree with you, although some perks can make the gameplay shite :I

• Downvote 2

With the EU Server back in full effect, I'm scheduling the final cading tournament next Sunday, at 6PM (CEST). This will be 11AM for those in the Central Time Zone in the states.

I will be taking screenshots of all the setups and comparing them to the rest to determine a winner.

**Note**

If you see multiple screenshots of your setups, that does not mean your the winner. I solely will choose who the winner is.  

I've giving you all a week to prepare for this, so be creative. Blow my mind with your crazy setups. Don't try to do the normal spots, as I will not count them at all.

Good Luck, and Get Ready!

~Kevin

Here is my decision on the Cading Tournament.

While a good concept, this didn't exactly turn out how I thought it would.  However, certain players definitely went above and beyond with participating and even helping me keep track and take screenshots. I understand the downsides of hosting tourney's on ZAM. I also see the upsides, which in my view far outway the bad. Many people were on the servers during both of my tournaments, which in itself is a big win for me. Most, i'm afraid, did not participate. Many would simply go to their normal camps and play like a normal day. This isn't a bad thing, as I can understand wanting to play the game as you normally would. That actually helped in the scheme of things. I simply wanted people to try something fun and get out of their shells for a little bit. Some people did take the initive to participate, and they know who they are. For that, I truly thank you. These tourneys will not be my last, I promise you.

To the winner's:

Indy and Ramsy, I've decided to award both of you 1st place. You both took the extra initive to participate in both of my tourneys, and you did so on my time schedules. For that I award you both MVP to the account of your choosing. Contact me via steam or through the website with the account information. Honestly, I wouldn't feel right awarding either of you 2nd place, as you both showed tremendous respect to me by following this nabs rules for his "Possible Tournament".

I also give you this as a consolation prize. You two, together, get to decide the next tournament. I will support it, and pay out a $25 Steam purchase to the winner.

Thank you to all who participated. It wasn't just these two guys, it was all of you. Thank you very much for helping me pull this off. A big thanks to the Admin's who were on, and Classixz and Griggz as well. I was very glad to see you all on and having fun. I look forward to our next tourney together, my fellow ZAM'ers.

~Kevin

PS- @Indy, I wouldn't be against a weekly tourney. We would have to work something out with Classixz though. My wife may start nagging if i'm paying out to a website every week, lol.

• Upvote 1