Possible Upcoming Tournament

stlmokevin

Time for some extra fun on the UU servers!

When? August 29th - 31st.

Time? To Be Determined.

I am hoping to hold 3 different tournaments over the coarse of the weekend. Contests will occur on both servers to ensure everyone has a fair chance/ping, but there will be only 1 winner per category.

1st  - A knife only contest. The highest score out of 5 rounds, wins.

(-No MVP classes, No HP, No throwing. Speed allowed.)

2nd - Creative Camping. The most epic camp setup out of 5 rounds, wins.

(Creativity & practicality count above all.  Not looking for the same-old setups, unless your putting a new twist on it. Cade-limb's allowed.)

3rd - Invite-a-thon. The person who recruits the most first-time* players over the coarse of the weekend, wins.

(First-time* should also include those who've been gone from the server for close to or over a year, as much has changed i'm sure.)

Prizes!

First place gets MVP for desired account.

Second place gets VIP for desired account.

No thirdsies!!!!

If someone wins two contests in any category, I'll send them a small gift (zombie related) to go along with the MVP prize. (***as long as I can ship to your country/state***)

Maybe something like this:

http://toywars.com/p...CFQaCMgodAicAvw

--------------------------------------------

Know this- Anyone caught rule breaking in any way will be instantly disqualified. Admin's will be on hand to monitor the servers during this time, and the standard playing rules still apply. (No Spamming, RQ, etc..)

Thoughts?

• Upvote 7

I have to say this FUCK I love INDY's thing this sounds way better and more organized to handle. For the creative camping can we stack , and can we snipe what are the rules ? i need more info

• Upvote 1

They are different with te same concept "tournament" what I like about I love INDY's is that his is outside the mod whilst Kevin's is held within the mod itself airgo it's not as challenging and fun. I love Indy; he didn't copy you that's like saying hey stop breathing I breathed first it's mine, although you can say that he would not of thought of this if it weren't for you

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I still haven't read I Love Indy's post. So I certainly didn't copy him. Also, I want this to be a part of the UU servers for the sole purpose of bringing people over to ZAM. I play most nights in a very under-populated US server. I'm hoping by bringing an event like this along, it'll boost the traffic. If I Love Indy's thing does the same, I'm glad.

• Upvote 1

Looks like AghChew, Ramsy, and Viirus have agreed to Admin the tournaments next weekend. Hope you guys are thinking up some cool camping spots. The start time's for the tournaments will be forthcoming in the next few days.

For now, I have a question for all who wish to participate:

When do you play? What time zone are you in? I'm hoping to get a census to nail down the perfect time for the tourny's.

1st  - A knife only contest. The highest score out of 5 rounds, wins.

(-No MVP classes, No HP, No throwing. Speed allowed.)

2nd - Creative Camping. The most epic camp setup out of 5 rounds, wins.

(Creativity & practicality count above all.  Not looking for the same-old setups, unless your putting a new twist on it. Cade-limb's allowed.)

3rd - Invite-a-thon. The person who recruits the most first-time* players over the coarse of the weekend, wins.

(First-time* should also include those who've been gone from the server for close to or over a year, as much has changed i'm sure.)

So, Kevin and I were talking about his Possible Upcoming Tournament (Contest), and I was talking to him about his Knife Only contest to maybe change it up a little bit. My thoughts were, to either 1. Remove all the bunker cades (black cades) for 5 maps since people are going to be knifing, and not camping. If Classixz thinks removing the bunker seems a lot of work, I have another idea. My other idea was to have a game-mode called either "run and knife" or "knife only" for 5 rounds. If you guys think having a game-mode for the Knife Only contest is a good idea or bad idea, comment below. What this game-mode would do is, people would be knifing only where they will not be allowed to place cades, buy any weapons (buying knifes are acceptable), and will not be able to buy any special items. Looking at his rules, it looks like you can use your class shop unless it has a knife in it, and you can buy your perks too really is good. I really enjoy your Creative Camping contest, because there's this one spot that I have enjoy camping at and it may look cool. So for the Invite-a-thon, we invite as much players as we can who have been inactive for a very long time, and those who seem new to our mod, is that what you mean or am I wrong what I typed there? The question is, how are you going to monitor this contest because it seems really hard and you may need help from friends asking numerous players how many players they invited to the mod? For now, these are my thoughts/opinions.

To be honest, the "invite-a-thon" has been bothering me. I'm not sure how we could monitor that without people trying to take advantage of it. I'm open to suggestions for sure.

I have myself an idea if you don't want the invite-a-thon contest anymore. I was thinking that there could be a Sniper Only contest.

3rd - Sniper Only contest. The player who gets the most sniper kills wins something. 

(Quick-scoping, Hard-scoping, and No-Scoping can be acceptable. Speedo, and Small-Crosshair acceptable)

I mean you said no thirdsies, but you really want to have 3 contests, so will there be a prize for the 3rd event (contest) or what?

• Upvote 1

I have the solution to the invite a thon. Don't do it; as I've mentioned, the contestants will most likely cheat and I don't think that someone wants to check through the iPs for dupes.

And a big big big no for the sniper competition; because not everyone will want to participate and snipers will break Cade's and people will attempt to sabotage, so I've given the suggestion and if you're willing to deal with the pain than by all means

I feel with the tournament coming at the end of the week, some decisions have to be made about some stuff.

So listen up folks, here's how it's going to go.

With respect to Ramsy and Viirus, I'd like to just leave all maps how they are. While I thought Ramsy's maps were very cool, some people may see those changes and be discouraged. We're going to use the normal maps. This way, everyone has a chance to scope out some spots without worrying about them disappearing or becoming obsolete.

1- Knifing Contest- NO CAMPING ALLOWED. This is not hide and seek we're playing. I want to see who's the BEST at knifing. I don't want to see who can flee the longest, or hide the longest. No limbs, No HP, No guns (Speed allowed).

2- Camping Contest- I want original and creative spots, or a new spin on an old spot. If you think tagging along with someone while they do all the work is going to get you a victory, you're wrong.  This is not a team contest.  You have to think creatively. 

3- The "Invite-A-Thon" has been CANCELLED. There are too many ways to exploit this, so i'm not even going to attempt it. I'm not going to replace this with anything.  Just two events now. 

-Times-

The Knifing Contest will be held on Saturday, 6PM Central on US Server//6PM CET for EU Server (Central European Time//11AM Central Time)

The Camping Contest will be held on Sunday, 6PM Central on US Server//6PM CET for EU Server (Central European Time//11AM Central Time)

The rewards are still the same. 1st Place in any category will earn MVP for desired account. 2nd Place earns you VIP. Win both competitions, and I'll send you a neat zombie statuette.

Hope that settles things, and I hope to see you all this weekend!

Good Luck,

Kevin

Edited by stlmokevin