My Next Tournament // Intense Camping

stlmokevin

Hello my ZAM family,

I apologize for the delay in posting a follow-up about my next tourney, so lets get down to it.

After Ramsy and Indy left the decision of the next tourney up to the polls, Intense Camping was chosen.

So you may be thinking, "how is this different from Creative Camping?". Here's how:

Ramsy defined it as follows:

Intense Camping

Fortify a really big and difficult to cover spot and hold it off (survive). A minimum of 4 entrances (for zombies to come from) is required. The person that does most of the work will win.

Lets elaborate on that a bit.

The idea here is to take a large area that you normally would NOT try to hold, and try to camp it. This doesn't mean knifing back and forth between various spots as Indy has pointed out. As that is not "camping". This means taking a area with a minimum of 3* entrances, and cading them. This means running frantically back and forth between your barricaded doorways and killing zombies/replacing cades. This is not going to be easy. If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun.

This does not mean tag along with someone while they do all the work. As there is NO second or third place in this tourney, you will be SOL.

For the person who does the best out of 3 rounds, I will award them a $25 USD steam purchase.

Myself and fellow admins will be in game to watch over things.

*Ramsy and Indy, please feel free to add-on to this as you see fit. I've adjusted the required number on entrances to 3 instead of 4 to allow more spots.

Date & Time Coming Soon.

That's all for now,

Kevin

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

First off, I sincerely apologize for not making a thread about this yet. I had 4 exams this week and 3 to go, and I had around 5 the previous week. The only time I got off, I just played MTA for a little bit to blow off some steam.

I will definitely be thurrally explaining this tournament and it's aspects in a new thread, which I will make either on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or on the weekend.

The tournament will be happening two times - once on the EU (European) server of ZAM, and once on the US (United States) server of ZAM. The times of the tournaments will be posted down below as they are official (will be announced by myself, iamindy33 or stlmokevin).

The victors of the tournaments will be determined by the ammount of barricades placed (barricades that actually cover the entrances are the only ones that count). Not only that, but by how much true team-work is put in (covering multiple entries, taking over when someone is hit with a limb, etc...) and by how they react in stressful situations.

The most crucial factor to keep in mind is SITUATION CONTROL. How well you can hold off your side + other sides + be diverse ("multi-task") will be what will be looked at the most.

Staff members will be monitoring the servers during the play-times of the tournaments. They will also judge whether or not your spots are ALLOWED or NOT ALLOWED.

If any of the participants break any of the rules (official server rules) during the tournaments, they will be DISQUALIFIED FROM BOTH OF THE TOURNAMENTS AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WIN.

There are some other rules that wil account to the tournament, and the same law from above applies here.

These RULES apply from the point where you begin camping:

--- Using C4 more than 3 times (spamming it via Max Ammo purchases; unless you use Roll The Dice (Wizard)) is NOT allowed! ---

--- Using Mines (Master Hunter) is NOT allowed! ---

--- Using Save + Load Spot (Wizard) is NOT allowed! ---

YOU ALSO ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE SAVE + LOAD SPOT TO ENTER THE SPOT YOU WILL BE CAMPING AT!

--- Using Adapt (Raven) is NOT allowed! ---

--- Using the melee Bowie knife (Raven) is NOT allowed! ---

--- Using Forcefield (Raven) is NOT allowed! ---

--- Using extremely lethal weapons (RPG-7, China Lake, Ray-Gun, Wunderwaffe, Flamethrower, Mustang&Sally, Staff of Fire (Wizard) and the AA-12) is NOT allowed! ---

Furthermore, if you want us to pay extra attention to you and be aware that you are a participant of the tournament(s), when heading over to camp, apply a clan-tag to your name, [CAMP].

I) Enable your in-game console.

II) Open up your in-game console.

III) Type in "/clanname CAMP" (without the " ").

The winner(s) of the tournament(s) will get to pick stlmokevin's next ZAM tournament (if and when he decides to do one; unless he wants it some other way) and establish the ground rules, laws and play-styles. Also, don't forget the sweet 25 USD worth in Steam games (winners of both tournaments will get it).

As you are reading this, some factors may be updated later on, so don't forget to READ THIS ONE MORE TIME BEFORE THE TOURNAMENTS ACTUALLY HAPPEN!

Winners will be picked by myself, iamindy33 and stlmokevin.

Sorry for the long post, here's a sexy ass:

862-potato-pancakes.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Lol Now no UU-K Members / people with custom classes can participate (bowie knife)

Why no AA-12.. Camp spots with 3 entrances is pretty hard to protect when u can't use gud weapons :/

Btw the thing at grid where most people camp (not bus) is that a camp spot with 3 entrances? Because it's one rwide entrance 

Why is bowie knife not allowed?

I dont get the sense of it, please explain.

It's a one-hit-kill. OP. Tomahawks are tolerable, only due to being a small ammount of them and the need of re-buying them.

Lol Now no UU-K Members / people with custom classes can participate (bowie knife)

That makes no sense. It's like saying: "You're in UU-K, you ain't allowed to shoot your guns.".

Why no AA-12.. Camp spots with 3 entrances is pretty hard to protect when u can't use gud weapons :/

Even the set of Cheap Weapons can be fulfilling. Plus, I ain't making this easy.

Btw the thing at grid where most people camp (not bus) is that a camp spot with 3 entrances? Because it's one rwide entrance

Does not count. Too easy to survive at.

• 1 month later...

After some thought, I've decided to increase the winning prize to $100.00 on steam. I want our first tournament of the year to be awesome. I will be posting further details soon.

ok let me turn my hacks on for this

• Upvote 1

Make everything allowed and the one with a game that has the most kills wins? Fair and easy.. Make the period about a week and after that week is done people can send in their video.. also i'll participate just so i can buy keys on csgo if i win xd

Pls shame dont waste money for CS:GO! Thats dumb. If u ever spend money for this game .. Do trade up's not open cases. Fuck Gaben!

Kevin do u spend the 100$ out of your own pocket ? If so thats nice but to much to give to this comunity i think. U dont need a price to have fun right ? The winner gets a conversation with classixz thats enought ^^ :)

• Upvote 4

Indy

100$ is a shitload to give away for any event much less intense camping, but if he so chooses gl hf I just wanna see the losers rage when its over

Tbh, I wanted this tournie to go off with a bang. $100.00 is a lot, but in my mind it's worth it if the servers fill up with people who are actually competing for it. I anticipate much rage, and am in no way dissuaded.

Relow

Kevin do u spend the 100$ out of your own pocket ? If so thats nice but to much to give to this comunity i think. U dont need a price to have fun right ? The winner gets a conversation with classixz thats enought ^^ :)

Yes. All prizes from my past and future tournie's come from my wallet. As I said, it's a lot. But, I think it'll be worth it if people are fighting tooth and nail for it :P

• Upvote 1