420 Posts Milestone

Elmo

I am over :< i cry everytime but I can't see my post count on my phone which is when I browse the forums, protecting fotham. ANYWAYS... I guess I've never really formally introduced myself, and to me, making it to 420 posts is more of a milestone then 500 or 1000. So advanced warning, this may be a long topic, and if you don't like reading, bye. (After typing it out, it's a long fucking rant, prepare your anus)

So where do I start, My in-game name is Elmo, so I guess that's all.  Kidding aside, my real name is Adam, and I am 16, born May 17th 1998.  My parents were divorced when i was 4, although I see them both, I rarely get to see my dad anymore and was raised mostly by my mom. I was an active kid, played all the sports every other kid in the class did, then come grade 4 I was somewhat outcast because I was different... it seemed weird that just because my parents are divorced that everyone had to take it to a certain level, for some reason having 2 sets of parents were not regular even though i thought it was the shit because 2 christmas' but it wasn't all the glory it was made to be. So I had to be my own person, and from that point on, I ate more frequently, and gained some weight, which ended up out casting me more, which made me slowly lose friends.  Even though I was overweight, I still played sports as well as the next kid, and in some cases even better.  That ended up making me a threat, and after grade 5 ended, my only friend moved.  Grade 6 started, and I was alone, but it never felt like it, i played sports with everyone, but it was everyone's constant need to exclude me which made me feel alone, and to be fair it wasn't really excluding, what would happen is if I wanted to play, it'd be an elimination game and I'd always be the target to be the first out.  Eventually i gave up on trying to play these stupid elimination games, so I just started doodling or whatever during recess.  People would call me stupid retarded names, I think the one that hurt the most was attention whore, but that never really bugged me till later in the story.  I ended up liking this girl, and i was able to get her MSN account (cuz that was the shit yknow) and we chatted a lot on there, but she felt the need to keep her distance when we were at school, and I couldn't blame her a lot.  Eventually i started opening up to her... and that ended horridly when she thought it was cool to share stories with everyone at school.  At that moment I never really trusted anyone anymore, and to this day i still don't share a lot with anyone.  But there I was, crawling my way through school.  But one day I heard of these kids playing this cool game called "Call of duty" and, well, peer pressure was the influence of me to get this game... to play with everyone else at school... to fit in. 

But there lied my problem, everyone who had this game, had it for either an xbox or a ps3, of which I had neither. So the problem solver i was, i bought the game for PC and i played that for a long time, till I understood what the game was, and then i continued to talk to other people about it.  But my constant talk about this game led everyone to stop playing this game and call me an addict.  So I put the game down for a while.  Come grade 8, me still being the lonely overweight kid.  I don't know about you guys but for my school we have a graduation trip, and we had a 4 day 3 night trip to Ottawa Ontario.  This trip was the birth of my Depression, it occurred the week of my birthday, so I was afraid of being with my classmates and being alone on my birthday.  So come the trip day, I packed my stuff, and then i also packed a happy birthday card to myself, in-case no one else cared to wish me a happy birthday. My mother had also told the staff that went with us when my birthday was.  So come my birthday, I wake up, and then i get a call from my grandmother, wishing me a happy birthday, after the call ended, one kid who stayed in the same room, asked who i was, and i told him, it was my grandmother, wishing me a happy birthday, and instead of a birthday wish from him, i got an "Oh".  Basically, i knew that the day wasn't going to go well.  Come dinner time, we've done our daily tourism and such and i still haven't gotten a birthday wish.  So we're at the restaurant, and our principle and teachers got the restaurant staff to sing happy birthday for me. They had me stand up on a chair, and the restaurant staff started to sing happy birthday for me, and as I am standing there, nobody else is singing with them, I look around, and everyone is looking at me weirdly... and then i hear in the background "It's not his birthday, he's doing this for attention" and that just broke me, there was a dance after the dinner, I just sat to the side, it wasn't a fun trip.  And after this trip, i broke out the ol' black ops, which i soon met my bffl Alpha.  And we had a lot of fun playing the mod that shall not be named.

Come grade 9, and I have high expectations. It started off slow, i ended up eating outside my class for lunch, until another kid started eating there too, we started talking and he brought his friends to this little cool hideaway. I started gaining a little bit of confidence in myself, so I met this girl, and this girl made my experience a whole lot better,  she would come to our little lunch hideaway everyday, and say hi to me give me a hug, ask me how it's going and all the stuff i'd like to hear.  I started distancing myself from her, and she started dating this other guy, which made me really sad again, because this girl, she made me happy.  So i started playin video games a lot more often, as an escape from reality, i could be who i wanted to be, not a shlump who has little friends. My final ruling on highschool was that it was great, i could of done better for myself.\

Next was Grade 10, started off like grade 9, had my classes, there were all the cliques in the classes, nothing new.  But in my computer tech class I heard of kids talking about minecraft, so I started talking with them, we ended up starting up a minecraft server, and that lasted for quite a while, and i was kind of brought into their group, they were the kind of kids that you shouldn't really follow what they do, but they're good people... anyways, i started doing poorly in school, trying to stick with this group and it ruined my life at home, because i was always expected to do greater.  Until one day i pushed myself apart from my mom, and school.  After playing minecraft for a long time, I had decided to play the mod that shall not be named, but i couldn't find it, which brought me to UU.  And let me tell you, I don't regret anything about finding UU, this community gave me an identity, and for the first time for a while, i was happy with how everything was, I began to respect who i am as a person, which gave me the place i wanted to be, it made me a Leader, and not a Follower, I became that kid at school, who people wanted to be around, i was the kid who walked in the center of the group.  And to this day, i have more friends than kids at my elementary school. And being my own person, i felt free to perform the way i wanted in school, and my marks are great!

There is my story, sorry if it took a long time to read, but i figured letting it out was better than keeping it it.

As for the community: (No specific order)

Indy: When i joined the server back in April, you were cool, you respected your part as an admin, but new how to comfort the newborn ZAM players which now knowing you, Doesn't seem right XP

Viirus: When i talked with you for the first time, i wasn't sure what to think, you seemed good, but when i got on the teamspeak with you, i thought you were super retarded, but you've proved to be mature and make the right decisions even through your terrible jokes ^.^

Stoner: I talked with you, and I don't know why, but I felt like i was talking to myself, which is awesome!

Aghchew: This guy, oh my, I don't think you ever don't know what to say, keep on keepin on.

Griggzor: When i met you, i saw a European chew, but with a human side.

Classixc: I still don't know if the x or the c comes first in your name, but i have the highest respect for you, because you continue to make the best of choices/decisions when it comes to leadership.

Kevin: My bae, you seemed like the father that i dreamed of having. I was completely wrong :P

MyXa: You seemed like an arrogant douchebag the first time i was able to communicate with you, but that has changed, as we both have come to respect one another.

These are my first thoughts, they've changed over the course of knowing you.

• Upvote 5

Dude, Stay cool up there in canada cuz ur fingers must be fallin off. I've known u since u first came to UU and I thought you were cool and funny. Your snipe skills beat fine anyday and ur knifing skills are also off the hook. I know how you feel at school. I was bullied and had no friends for 7th and 8th grade and I found the UU community. Classicx and the admins are the best. So keep on killing the zombies and congrats for 420 posts. Luv u bruh.  :D  ;)

Kevin: My bae, you seemed like the father that i dreamed of having. I was completely wrong :P

Don't talk to your father that way! Seriously though, you were one of the first UU members to really accept me and for that I thank you. I'm a bit taken aback by your story, as you certainly don't seem to be the shy/unsocial type. That just goes to show that video games can really help people relate on a level that would otherwise be unreachable. GG on 420 posts!

Although I appreciate the comments, and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I didn't make this post to get replies of reassurance, and I certainly don't need you people to feel sorry for me. I'm fine.

Myxa, you started it you fiend.

Dewsty, I'll fit this dik in ur but

Kevin, screw you dad, I'm 16 I'll do whatever I want!

• Upvote 1

Viirus: When i talked with you for the first time, i wasn't sure what to think, you seemed good, but when i got on the teamspeak with you, i thought you were super retarded, but you've proved to be mature and make the right decisions even through your terrible jokes ^.^

You're definitely the first person to call me super retarded. I accepted you (who you were) as an individual, and you are probably one of the coolest people I will never forget. Your Canadian accent is so cool, teach me more.

From kindergarten to 2nd grade, I didn't really any friends, and I was known as "The Loner." During my summer before I was going to be a 3rd grader, my parents wanted to move because I didn't really have any friends, and plus my neighborhood was really awful (we had people who were trading BAD stuff, people who smoked, people partying, and weird people). I then switched schools, and this new school I got switched to was better than the last one because I made friends easier at this new school than my old school. I currently have a lot of real life friends who I tend to hang out with from time to time. I'm just glad that my parents made the right decision. If I was still where I was today (at my old school with these horrible neighbors), I probably wouldn't have more than 3 friends.

Well, there's my life story when I was little. Nice job on 420 posts. Don't forgot to smoke some weed for meh.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1