Pc/FPS problems

Zedricht

Hey guys:) I have a questions for you:) As some players know nowadays I lagg like a shit..idk why..

Maybe the problem is, How my FPS drops all the time (from 90-100 to 20-30) 

I bought my pc about 450$ And I think it's so bad thing.

There is the type of my pc.

post-1873-0-71397100-1416648185_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

The thing that is causing you the lags is your ram. 4gb is just not good enough for any game really, let alone cods. If you had 8gb ram you would just fine. 4gb ram will just keep dropping your fps when you enter an area that is filled with details and such, that causes the lag because 4b ram cannot handle the pressure from games like even black ops. My suggestion is; Go to your nearest PC shop, get a fresh 8gb ram stick, stick it into your pc and your done. Or full scan your PC, theres viruses that completely slow your pc to shit.

• Downvote 1

Ram doesn't necessarily help with gaming, lowering your resolution would help, along with adjusting some other settings (depending on what your current in-game settings are). I don't even know what your mother board is, it may not even be capable of 8-gb of ram (if he has a 32 bit win 7). Virus scan would also work amazingly. Lastly, try not to keep an abundance of memory used, empty your recycle bin and perform a disk cleanup and a disk defragment. Should work.

My brother have amd athlon 7750 dual core, nvidia geforce 9600gt, 4gb RAM and Win XP and he runs BO on medium details (1600x800) on stable 45fps so you should be able to run it without any problems with these specs. As Myxa said scan your pc there might be something slowing down it. 

PS: If you got 32bit OS dont buy another RAM since its useless.

• Founder

Use some FPS config, posted one somewhere in the forums, works fine on my shitty laptop, 30 fps.

If you get under 60 FPS, do the command com_maxfps 30 to lock it to 30 fps, so you wont feel the jumps between.

Or if you have higher, I suggest to maximum lock the FPS on 90, but 60 and 30 is really enough..

Also you can download Razer Game booster, helps with making memory free when playing games, also Geforce Experience got that "Game optimizer" thing that will optimize the config to fit your computer (black ops auto config settings is shit so don't rely on that.)

Also, running the game on SSD will help a lot, so that's worth trying if you got that.

Overclocking your GPU might also help, Black Ops isn't really using that much CPU so I don't think you'll have to overclock it.

Don't overclock if you are really really unsure of what you are doing, as you need to have your fans in the right settings so your CPU or GPU don't burn to death.

Also, one last thing, re-install windows, start out fresh. Format your drive so you get rid of shit like virus and stuff if you got any or you had any hidden ones. Re-installing Steam and the game might help, but the whole windows will make it work even better for some. Use that as a last thing. 

Also

32bit: 4gb MAX Ram

64bit: 16 000 000 000gb MAX Ram

You need to have the exact same ram as you currently have if you want to upgrade to more.

Or you could just by completely new memories if your current ones are hard to find.

• Upvote 1

Use some FPS config, posted one somewhere in the forums, works fine on my shitty laptop, 30 fps.

If you get under 60 FPS, do the command com_maxfps 30 to lock it to 30 fps, so you wont feel the jumps between.

Or if you have higher, I suggest to maximum lock the FPS on 90, but 60 and 30 is really enough..

Also you can download Razer Game booster, helps with making memory free when playing games, also Geforce Experience got that "Game optimizer" thing that will optimize the config to fit your computer (black ops auto config settings is shit so don't rely on that.)

Also, running the game on SSD will help a lot, so that's worth trying if you got that.

Overclocking your GPU might also help, Black Ops isn't really using that much CPU so I don't think you'll have to overclock it.

Don't overclock if you are really really unsure of what you are doing, as you need to have your fans in the right settings so your CPU or GPU don't burn to death.

Also, one last thing, re-install windows, start out fresh. Format your drive so you get rid of shit like virus and stuff if you got any or you had any hidden ones. Re-installing Steam and the game might help, but the whole windows will make it work even better for some. Use that as a last thing. 

Also

32bit: 4gb MAX Ram

64bit: 16 000 000 000gb MAX Ram

You need to have the exact same ram as you currently have if you want to upgrade to more.

Or you could just by completely new memories if your current ones are hard to find.

Lol when @ reply his help you never have more questions. :)