UU-S Member | profile images | uniform layout

Hunting

• 2 weeks later...

Hunting, did you know you were using my logo? The logo you are using in your avatars is my logo. You can't just go and use other peoples work as your own. You need to ask permission first! I am not okay with this because you did not ask me for permission, if you did that would of been a different story. I have a copyright on that logo claiming that "I made it" and that "no one else can claim it as theirs". If you even know what copyright is, doesn't seem like it. I made the logo for the clan and made avatars for the clan and I said "anyone who wants an avatar ask me". I also gave Gundi permission to use the logo but never anyone else. I never said "Anyone that wants can use the logo", no. This is why I have copyright on the logo so other people can't go around using my logo for their work and giving their self all the credit and get away with it.

• Upvote 3

Hunting, did you know you were using my logo? The logo you are using in your avatars is my logo. You can't just go and use other peoples work as your own. You need to ask permission first! I am not okay with this because you did not ask me for permission, if you did that would of been a different story. I have a copyright on that logo claiming that "I made it" and that "no one else can claim it as theirs". If you even know what copyright is, doesn't seem like it. I made the logo for the clan and made avatars for the clan and I said "anyone who wants an avatar ask me". I also gave Gundi permission to use the logo but never anyone else. I never said "Anyone that wants can use the logo", no. This is why I have copyright on the logo so other people can't go around using my logo for their work and giving their self all the credit and get away with it.

did u really apply for copyright and payed them? or are u just saying that u have copyright because u dont want him to copy you?

(just askin) i like ur logo ^^

Pls no hate!

So first of all: I didn't even know u are the one who made this logo. Sorry for that then. If i had known that u made this logo and dont want anyonr else to use it i wouldn't have do that. I thought it is there to spread it around the UU/ Steam community. Also the members who voted for the logo in your topic should know that u made that logo. Furthermore i did not see any watermark on it. So i thought its available for the UU community.

Well i dont know if u got a 'real' copyright on that logo, but just trough saying 'i made them' somewhere in a post, there is no copyright on it. As long as u dont register that somewhere it's not "protected" (that costs about 800-900€ here in Germany). Also its just the logo i used for these avatars. I didn't copy it. I saw them and painted them by "myself". Btw i never said that i made this logo.

I did not make these avatars to get any credits for it. I made them cause it's fun for me and i was bored.

• Upvote 1

First of all, I'm sorry to be a part of this as I requested avatars for each member in UU-S because It looks really cool to see every member wears their respective avatar which gives us a team looking.

Although I defend my every team member in most situations they have to deal with, I can't do the same for plagiarism. It is really low and cheap move to get credits. But, in fact, Hunting never tried to get credits, just tried to serve to team with a very humble way that he didn't have to. If I knew that he was trying to get himself known in GFX'ers Community, that would have been an insta kick. What I simply tell is, he doesn't do these stuffs for getting himself into bigger clans, he just serves to community where he spends his most spare time.

However, if King still insists with his decision, we have nothing to do and we will stop using his logos on our avatars but I really don't want this to happen since logo from King and desings from Hunting make a really good combination! I hope you allow him to use your logo, that's all I say

• Upvote 1

First of all, I'm sorry to be a part of this as I requested avatars for each member in UU-S because It looks really cool to see every member wears their respective avatar which gives us a team looking.

Although I defend my every team member in most situations they have to deal with, I can't do the same for plagiarism. It is really low and cheap move to get credits. But, in fact, Hunting never tried to get credits, just tried to serve to team with a very humble way that he didn't have to. If I knew that he was trying to get himself known in GFX'ers Community, that would have been an insta kick. What I simply tell is, he doesn't do these stuffs for getting himself into bigger clans, he just serves to community where he spends his most spare time.

However, if King still insists with his decision, we have nothing to do and we will stop using his logos on our avatars but I really don't want this to happen since logo from King and desings from Hunting make a really good combination! I hope you allow him to use your logo, that's all I say

You are absolutely right.

I never aimed to get credits for my work.

So one more time, sorry to you iKing.

As Destroyer already said, it would be awesome to allow (me) to use that logo.

Cause atleast its less work for you. And creating another/ new logo for UU would be bullsh**. Wouldn't it be good if we got one logo for the whole community?

If i wanna receive credits, i'll create my 'own stuff'.

I mean, if i would have known that u created that logo with a copyright, i wouldn't have used it. Because atleast somebody would have notice that.

Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

iKing gtfo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

iKing gtfo

Good job, you can google copyright.

What hunting did was not under any of your googled examples, and I'm sure that whichever copyright king got for it (if he did get one), it doesn't follow within jurisdictions.

There could have been more effort put into huntings POV cuz a picture doesn't rain down from the sky, BUT, I see little to no intentions of taking credit. (But saying thanks when someone says good job is taking credit.)

• Upvote 1

Good job, you can google copyright.

What hunting did was not under any of your googled examples, and I'm sure that whichever copyright king got for it (if he did get one), it doesn't follow within jurisdictions.

There could have been more effort put into huntings POV cuz a picture doesn't rain down from the sky, BUT, I see little to no intentions of taking credit. (But saying thanks when someone says good job is taking credit.)

Hunting's avatar is fair use under U.S. copyright law because it is noncommercial and transformative in nature, uses no more of the original than necessary, and has no negative effect on the market for the original work.

• Upvote 1

that's not even a valid copyright claim iKing.. everyone can write that.

Anyway why are we still bitching about this? It just looks nice who cares if he took it from iKing? Just post under your original post: UU LOGO BELONGS TO iKing AND THEREFOR ALL THE CREDITS OF THE UU logo GO TO HIM AND NOT ME boom everything is alright or smth like that (basically the things people do in yt discsriptions)

• Downvote 1