New RQ System

iamindy33

Ok their was a topic about this before but its locked now so I'm starting a new one.

This is just an idea section if anyone has a suggestion for new rq rules.

The current rules are as followed(that I know of)

First Zombie picked- 3days

Under 10-2days

Nothing about how many kills or deaths they had, nothing that shows an actual rage factor maybe they needed to go, no way to see if they lost connection, and if its below 10 people in the game their is no way to leave?

So just go ahead and throw out any ideas:S

this would almost entirely rely on b3 and when its down admins would have to use echelon to do the appropriate actions

• Upvote 1

oo ill go first.

I think its time we let the people govern themselves on this.  If they rage quit or leave to what ever numbers we specify than when they rejoin they have to play as a zombie in the next game.  If they rq multiple times the number of games add up, maybe a probation period where as if they dont rq for a week the number of games go down they have to play as a zombie.  Eventually the number of games they have to play could stack up, then admins can deal with it, with either a week or 2 ban, maybe pay some $$$ for an unban.  This system wouldnt be perfect, but it would be more flexible than the current one.  People who leave first should still be dealt with I think, they in a sense ruin a game, either a 1 day ban or 24 hours of always being picked as a zombie.  If these faggots dont play objective while being picked, than more admin actions would be taken.  So as I mentioned before if their was a way first picked zombies can be humans they would want to play obj.

Me and class talked about this a little, maybe he can add more

this would almost entirely rely on b3 and when its down admins would have to use echelon to do the appropriate actions

Edited by iamindy33
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What about the new people? If they dont know about the rule i think they should still have a 1 day ban so they know they are not allowed or else they will never know. An other thing should the bans get higher for the people who RQ daily? Alot of people just RQ and come back and RQ again mayby the concequences should be bigger for does? I also think every player should have from 5 to 10 min to come back because i had PC ichues before and it can take long

For new people it should be  a 30m ban or something very small.

I think the ban should also be based on there zam id for example  @1234 3 to 4 days @28745 30 min.

Another thing is how many bans they have already If they have 10 past bans thats a extra 2 days added on 20 bansa extra 3 days 30 past bans a extra 4 days and so on

These people know the rules but they still break them i think if they have more than 60 past bans its a 6 month ban as they should know not to break the rules and over 100 past bans it a perma ban/ip ban "cough maniek cough"

For new people it should be  a 30m ban or something very small.

I think the ban should also be based on there zam id for example  @1234 3 to 4 days @28745 30 min.

Well that wouldn't be really fair towards other players; why do they have to care if they came to zam earlier than anyone else did? Its like me rqing and getting a 8 day ban because im @4

I mean i totally understand where your coming from towards new players, but for the current players it shouldn't change. but the 30 minute bans for new players is a good idea.

Now for the actual system thing, I would say keep the 11+ obviously, but adding a deathcounter ex. you get 25 deaths you can leave wouldn't hurt, but at the same time, if theres about 4 really noobie zombies and they can't kill shit, he gets 25 deaths and his off so ye... not sure about that one.

If a zombie gets 3 kills, he shouldnt be banned. I would be pissed if i killed 5 people, left, and got banned.

ALSO: If a player times out, it is a total dick move to ban him...not like that has happened to me or anything.

I agree with Myst, 3 kills should allow you to leave freely.

However, while we still ban people for leaving under 11 zombies, that is technically not a rage-quit. That's just [insert other term which would do good for this penalty, that is not rage-quit].

Rage-quitters (literal term) should also be banned, depending on what they do. Even if there is 15 zombies, and the guy dies and says: "FUCK THIS GAME!" and leaves - that's a rage-quit. He should get banned for that. Same with those faggots who always say: "11+ bb".

• Upvote 2

I agree with Myst, 3 kills should allow you to leave freely.

Naaa that's shit, it isn't that hard to get 3 kills as zombie, so this will bring us less zombies in game. No thanks :/ Also it's kind of hard to check how many kills all zombies had, which left. It's much easier to have a special amount of zombies wich have to be in game and if there are more zombies, you can go, if not and you go, you get banned.

Also it's kind of hard to check how many kills all zombies had, which left.

Not if this ties to the RQ-Logger. Just add a new command note.

RQ-Logger thinks like this:

1. If someone leaves as a zombie when the zombie counter is at 10 or less, I will register that someone as a rage-quitter.

But we just add one more command note, as I said, making it look like this:

1. If someone leaves as a zombie when the zombie counter is at 10 or less, I will register that someone as a rage-quitter.

2. If someone leaves as a zombie, but got 3 zombie kills, I will not register, regardless of the zombie counter.

Naaa that's shit, it isn't that hard to get 3 kills as zombie, so this will bring us less zombies in game. No thanks :/ Also it's kind of hard to check how many kills all zombies had, which left. It's much easier to have a special amount of zombies wich have to be in game and if there are more zombies, you can go, if not and you go, you get banned.

I agree so much. it is very easy to get 3 kills as zombie especially on nuketown or some small map. I think that we should have the exact same rules as 1.7 because it was fair. But.... The rq log should be say if your Ping is 999 and you lag out , at that point it will be on rq log for 15 seconds then diasapear and in 4 minutes it comes back till you ban the person.

Ffs...

Do the math.

Example:

5 zombies in the game. 1 of them kills 3 people. Making it be 8 zombies. Then he leaves, making it be 7 zombies. So, the zombie count did not drop at all, but rose by 2 zombies. Plus, the zombie that leaves the game, technically, did his job.

And if you guys find it so difficult to come to terms with this, I guess we can settle with a compromise. 4-5 kills as a zombie. No more is needed.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'd like to bump this again also, (really forcing shit for 1.8) but their has to be a better system then it is now, whether its something like ramsy said, have a "zombie-quit" that would have different ban times, and then if someone "zombie quit" they can rejoin but have to play a certain amount of games as zombie, it puts the responsibility in their hands.  As for admins yes b3 would do most of the work, but we dont pick admins just to type commands anybody can do that, they still would need to manage the server and make sure players dont glitch, break cades, and play obj and all the extra stuff that we did pick them for, and if needed can still extend a ban if needed.  Just think the system now isn't perfect and it will never be perfect but doesn't mean it can't be better

• Upvote 1

Considering we use this system. So if they quit as a zombie? They will be banned automatically, but if they rejoin in the same map they automatically get unbanned? If that is possible that would work pretty well. More to say, there could be some glitches that b3 might not be able to handle. For example, when humans turn to zombies, there is a kill cam, and when zombies leave during this kill cam, b3 cannot catch em. 

I look forward to this idea and I hell wish it could be added to zam for 1.8.

One last thing to add to this. There could be another problem. From my understanding you were saying if they leave and rejoin (lose connection) they will have to play a certain amount of games as  zombies. So would @Classixz code something into the mod that if they leave and rejoing they automatically get picked as zombies for a certain amount of maps? If so, that should be good. But there is still a possibility of a glitch that could annoy a lot of people. When people leave at the end of map / credits, sometimes the rage quit log still puts them as "rage quited". So B3 might end up mistakenly ban a lot of people and/or people forced to become zombies for leaving at the end of map because b3 mistakenly banned them. 

I think those are all the glitches that we might encounter if we add this to the system. If more come up to my mind, I will let you know. Again I am looking forward for a new system as well.