1.8 Rage Quit System

iamindy33

Hello, I have locked and hid my old topic on this same issue because I want a fresh start

And I wanted to add a poll to this one because it gets more players to give opinions and the first time I thought up a new rq system I didn't ask anyone else If they also wanted one.

A few good things were said in the old topic and hopefully more will be said in this one but for now I will keep it poll only

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

mkay now, seems that we can come up with something better than what is now, and the way I see it now is that half the time when someone breaks rules they are banned, the other half not.. (whether the admin was busy in-game, didnt see it, or not online, or not reported) but then when they come back they do the same exact thing and the system repeats itself (kinda like the american prison systen.-.

But now here is my stance on the issue, so many times I see players try to join the game but than are unable to because they were currently banned for whatever reason or duration and then come cry to me to unban them, or rage at the admin who caught them breaking rules.  I think that if a player really wants to play than they should be able to (obviously not like normal though)

The reason players aren't allowed to "rage quit/ leave the game as a zombie" is because it takes away from the experience of the remaining hunters that want to kill zombies.  Now by physically banning players that rq does that make it up to the hunters that had a chance to kill them? no.

For instance, if someone took your computer, smashed it on the ground and broke it to the point its unusable, and now the pc smasher is thrown in jail, does that make it up to you? again no, you are still left without a computer.  The way that the pc smasher would make it up to you is by replacing your computer to a satisfactory need.

What I'm saying is, instead of banning these rage-quitters preventing them from making it up to the hunters we simply impose a zombie ban on them (or really what it is, a survivor ban) This means that if a player rq's, in order for that player to play regularly again he must make up a certain amount of rounds playing as a zombie.

Now the numbers can still be debated, but the bottom line is that a player who has rage quit, will then be killed at the start of every round that he/she needs to make up for.

NOTE: this DOESN'T eliminate bans, this is simply another way we could have to deal with rage-quitters, and have players EARN themselves an unban. 

A new poll about this topic has been added, pls respond, this will be locked again until votes are in, everyone will get a chance to say what they want but I just want to focus on the poll for now

• Upvote 4

well here we are again 24 hours later and less and less voting activity so the less and less I will care for the communities opinion ^_^

ty for all your considerations

Now here is what the system will HOPEFULLY be in 1.8 if everything is possible

If the someone rage quits as first zombie(whether they lag out or what):

-It will be an automatic 2 day zombie ban, this gives them 2 days to make up the ban if they want to play.  The way they make up the ban is by playing 5 rounds as one of the first zombies, otherwise they can play normally as survivor when the ban is expired

-If they rq as first zombie a 2nd time(in a 2 week span) they will receive a 3 day zombie ban and have to serve 7 rounds as a zombie in order to play normally again.(in the 3 day window)

- a 3rd time rage quitting(in a 2 week span) will then be a 4 day zombie ban, having to play 9 rounds as a zombie in order to play normally.

As you can't see the pattern heres how it will work

- every time they rq an extra day is added to the zombie ban, and the rounds needed to play to get unbanned goes up by 2. (starting at 5 then 7, 9, 11, 13 etc..)

- After 2 weeks (this length could be changed to a month if decided) the ban system would reset everyone's bans.  So a players first rq would then be back to a 2 day zombie ban along with 5 zombie games

- If the 2 week reset is during someones ban, the remainder of that zombie ban will be served. For exp... griggs gets banned for 6 days(5th rq) on friday, even if the reset occurs over the weekend his zombie ban will last until Thursday the next week.

- If a player was to leave the game again while serving their zombie ban an extra day will be added to their ban and the appropriate rounds would be added to it ( the same applies if they get kicked for inactivity) this way they cant just go on youtube and not play objective

This is how we would deal with RQ as First Zombie  the rest of the numbers up until 11 zombies will shrink from this

Now I think this system would work best is only if B3 handle it.  The reasons for that is because in the past when we talked about a new system on how to deal with rage quitters when less than 10 players we had it so if they had a certain amount of kills or deaths they could leave, but then many admins thought that was too hard and way to much just to keep track of simple kills and deaths of a zombie.

Now the people who voted wanted it so that bans would only be implemented by admins and not b3, so I ask; can admins handle this? Can admins remember the system? Can admins be on ALL the time enforcing this?

It's obvious that trying to have at least one admin be on the server at all times has failed, yes their are 4-5 people that would make fine admins right now if we added them to the staff team, but other than that nobody who plays zam actively can handle it (everyone else in the server is kids).  This is why I think it should be handled by B3.

Now many of you might think why even have admins than, but I say tell me an admin whos ONLY job is to ban rage quitters and nothing else, I would have that admin demoted right now.  Their would still be many other duties admins would have concerning rules/ players etc..

I also think we can make it easier for admins by giving them a new command, since I've been calling them zombie bans it seems logical to just make it !ZB

What this would do is give players zombie bans the same as B3 would

!zb griggzor 2d rq

so just as before griggzor would have 2 days where hes unable to play normally or 5 rounds as a zombie to work off the ban

I think things such as camping as a zombie, or breaking cades, or disrespect, or many other rules could be resolved by this, its a more effective way to handle rule breakers than just flat out banning them.

Another reason this works is because it gives players a chance to unban themselves, those people who lag out, those people who need to go eat dinner, those players like olabais who get banned and then take over a week arguing over an appeal, when players can simply join back and work off their ban, than the server can be full of players that follow the rules, but also players that are responsible and understand the consequences of their actions.

You might think well these rules just help or encourage more rule breaking because they can just unban themselves, but what I really want it to do is help the players that usually don't break rules not get treated like someone who has 20+ bans.  The players that constantly rq will still be able to play unless they want to play 25 games as a zombie, I think they will just except not playing like usual for 4-5 days.  Also like to mention admins would still be able to tempban !tb as normal if they feel that is the next step appropriate

I have updated the poll

Please share any thoughts or questions or concerns below :)

• Upvote 1

ok edited it, now hopefully it'll work :unsure:

would also like to say when I said the penalties get smaller that would be like

- leaving with 5,6,7 zombies in 1 day or 3 zombie round

- and leaving with 8,9, or 10 zombies 3 hours or 2 zombie games

well its sounds good but not all ppl specially the young players cant check this system or can deal with it.Alot ppl would ask admins then when is my ban gone /how much rounds i need to play now as zombie until my ban is gone ?!? omfg serious ? ill think its too many changes ...

just make it simple : keep the old system :

rq under 11 zombs = 2 d ban 

rq as first zomb = 3 day ban. 

When your a zombie and you got under 8 deaths and you leave the server (cause eat/yourmom/or whatever) =

2 day ban like a normal rq

when you leave under 5 deaths = 3 day ban like rq as first infected.Thats just easy for all ppl/admins  to sort alot of the players out who wanna only play as survior and not as zombie. 

• Upvote 1

well its sounds good but not all ppl specially the young players cant check this system or can deal with it.Alot ppl would ask admins then when is my ban gone /how much rounds i need to play now as zombie until my ban is gone ?!? omfg serious ? ill think its too many changes ...

just make it simple : keep the old system :

rq under 11 zombs = 2 d ban 

rq as first zomb = 3 day ban. 

When your a zombie and you got under 8 deaths and you leave the server (cause eat/yourmom/or whatever) =

2 day ban like a normal rq

when you leave under 5 deaths = 3 day ban like rq as first infected.Thats just easy for all ppl/admins  to sort alot of the players out who wanna only play as survior and not as zombie.

just add some kind of banners in console that make everyone see that there are new rules

Ez

Ok viirus, you can stop it with the long posts; anyway, to really stick it to the PC smasher you should get a Nokia, and watch him try to break it...

Would echelon be able to kill them for X rounds? Or would admins constantly have to kill him?

I think it should be allowed to rage quit but also make it as fun to play as zombie as to be an survivor :---------(

i agree with you grigg but we need to punish the people if they dont want to play as zombie and got the whole map 2 deaths or 3...

• Upvote 1

Can easily have message from console saying check out the new rules using !rules, and when they are killed at the start of the round a message would poop up you have been placed under a zombie ban bla bla 4 rounds till unban.  Just because change people can't cope with change doesn't mean change is bad.

For instance- ye not owning slaves is a cute idea but how would the farmers pick their cotton ;_; pls gaben

Would echelon be able to kill them for X rounds? Or would admins constantly have to kill him?

yez console can kill them, what we are debating is whether or not random zombies should be picked like normal

for instance 2 players have a zombie ban, 16 players in the game so 3 zombies will be picked, so it be the 2 zombie bans and 1 random player, or 3 random players and then the banned players

I think that the players that follow the rules should have a less likely chance to become first infected

I think it should be allowed to rage quit but also make it as fun to play as zombie as to be an survivor :---------(

usually the level of fun I have as a zombie depends on everything the survivors do

• Upvote 1

Alright well now voting is glitched for me, but what I am bout to say about B3 will probably not fit the vote exactly anyway. Alright, I probably have mentioned this before in  an old topic but I will mention it here aswell. IF b3 handles the bans, there are glitches that NEED to be fixed. Two glitches that I am aware of (if i remember for of them I will post em asap). First, sometimes when you leave at the end of map, it still puts you in the rage quit log (which b3 would automatically ban). Second Glitch. When people turn from human to zombies, if they leave during the kill-cam B3 CANNOT catch.

After those glitches are fixed, then this is what I believe the system should be. I do agree with your system, so yeah admins are not there all the time, so b3 can ban em. But whenever admins are active - b3 should automatically be disabled for banning and let the admins to the job. So for example, US server has 1 admin in it (b3 wont ban people when they rage quit on US until the admin leaves). While EU server already has no admins in it (b3 will do bans since there are no admins in the server).

And a couple of days ago I wanted to reply to a quote you made indy but topic was locked so 

For instance, if someone took your computer, smashed it on the ground and broke it to the point its unusable, and now the pc smasher is thrown in jail, does that make it up to you? again no, you are still left without a computer.  The way that the pc smasher would make it up to you is by replacing your computer to a satisfactory need.

Wrong logic...because it technically is already made up to you. What i mean is IF there is no jail time when someone breaks your pc, then everyone would do it and wouldnt care. But jail time is the law that PREVENTS people from doing it. So by preventing them from breaking ur pc, it still works. :)

• Upvote 1

And a couple of days ago I wanted to reply to a quote you made indy but topic was locked so 

Wrong logic...because it technically is already made up to you. What i mean is IF there is no jail time when someone breaks your pc, then everyone would do it and wouldnt care. But jail time is the law that PREVENTS people from doing it. So by preventing them from breaking ur pc, it still works. :)

ok so if I'm the only zombie and I RQ, even if I'm perm banned, are the survivors going to happy with 0 zombies?

your jail logic is completely wrong, at most half right.  You said it PREVENTS them from breaking your pc but your pc is already broken, the only thing it does is prevent it from happening to others in the future

This idea could be worth a try but I'm not sure how others would feel about this. This is why I waited for others to post their opinions before I posted mine. 

Would B3 automatically ban the person once he leaves or would B3 wait a few minutes and then ban that person?

I mean if B3 automatically bans the person and the person rejoins problems may occur. Problems such as people would message the admins asking them to unban them for various reasons (apparent reasons). Or we may get many Ban appeals on the website which I'm not sure many of us even want to see. But if B3 waits a few minutes and then bans a person there wouldn't be any problems occurring. Yet I'm not sure if B3 even has a feature to wait a few minutes then ban the person.

Do the people have the choice to be banned for a certain amount of days or do they have the choice to play as a zombie for a certain amount of matches?

• Upvote 2

Good Idea I like it but, what if they break other rules ?

This certain post only revolves around the current most reoccurring way of people getting banned, which would be rage quit. I feel as if the other ban rules should apply as is now because they aren't as common, and change the way the game is played in a different way then rage quitting.

I do not care what you do if RQ only but do not break the rule that prohibits other Members
Go up on the roofs invalid Agreement if you break this rule will raise the roof and all the game knock on their account and unstoppable stop them even with a Limb and it's even worse than RQ.

dafuq

• Upvote 1