Tips For New Graphics Designers!!!

iKinG

Hello again! I was just thinking about how there is a lot of you out there who really want to get into Graphic Designing. Well I figured I would give that select few some tips on how to become that Graphic Designer everyone wants to be.

Are you one of those people who is always watching tutorials on how to do this and that? IF you are, STOP! Tutorials are not the way to go! Yes when starting out you are not going to know how to do a lot and then in that case you are going to be tempted to look up all kinds of tutorials on how to do what you want. The reason why I am telling you to stop with the watching Tutorials is because it is not going to help you learn one bit besides how to be like other people. You do not want to be like other people, you want to be original by using your own creativity, not someone else's through a tutorial.

To sum up that whole paragraph, what I am saying is you need to teach your self! Not have someone else teach you. Over time people have asked me how I learned Graphic Design, well it's because I taught myself and YOU can teach your self too. By teaching your self your brain is able to remember everything it is that you are doing and figuring it out and you are more involved in the process of Graphic Design. When teaching your self it is a one time process and you will never have to do it again. When watching a tutorial you're not as focused and you are more zoned out of the whole learning process. With that being you may have to watch the tutorial over and over until you finally know what you're doing. Yes it can be a little frustrating at first but do not and I mean do not give up!!!

When you start off, a lot of your first projects are not going to be the greatest, but don't feel bad. Every Graphic Designer starts out with bad designs and improves over time! It will happen to you as well.

Along the way there will be people who criticize your work majorly. There are going to be the ones who give you advice on how to get better which be constructive criticism and then there will be the ones who just make fun of your work and try to put you down. You will know who those people are because you will feel a little discouraged by what they say. Do NOT listen to what those people say. They do not know what they are talking about and they are wrong! Chances are they probably know a lot less about Graphic Design then you do.

Just remember it is all about originality and most importantly, Never give up!

Always try to take inspiration from others work. If you see something made that you like, tell your self, how could I do something similar. See what you can do to make something similar, and always add your own touch! This is just a starting process to finding your Style of Graphic Design.

Finding your style, and I mean your own personal style may take awhile for some of you and then others it will come instantly. For those of you who can not find your style, do not give up because it will come eventually. I'd say it probably took me about 8-12 months to finally find the style I like and that is illustration.

I just hope some of you can get something from what I am telling you now in all this haha. I really hope I have managed to help some of you with Graphic Designing.

If anyone ever has any questions about anything involving Graphic Design feel free to message me!

• Upvote 4

Hello again! I was just thinking about how there is a lot of you out there who really want to get into Graphic Designing. Well I figured I would give that select few some tips on how to become that Graphic Designer everyone wants to be.

Are you one of those people who is always watching tutorials on how to do this and that? IF you are, STOP! Tutorials are not the way to go! Yes when starting out you are not going to know how to do a lot and then in that case you are going to be tempted to look up all kinds of tutorials on how to do what you want. The reason why I am telling you to stop with the watching Tutorials is because it is not going to help you learn one bit besides how to be like other people. You do not want to be like other people, you want to be original by using your own creativity, not someone else's through a tutorial.

To sum up that whole paragraph, what I am saying is you need to teach your self! Not have someone else teach you. Over time people have asked me how I learned Graphic Design, well it's because I taught myself and YOU can teach your self too. By teaching your self your brain is able to remember everything it is that you are doing and figuring it out and you are more involved in the process of Graphic Design. When teaching your self it is a one time process and you will never have to do it again. When watching a tutorial you're not as focused and you are more zoned out of the whole learning process. With that being you may have to watch the tutorial over and over until you finally know what you're doing. Yes it can be a little frustrating at first but do not and I mean do not give up!!!

When you start off, a lot of your first projects are not going to be the greatest, but don't feel bad. Every Graphic Designer starts out with bad designs and improves over time! It will happen to you as well.

Along the way there will be people who criticize your work majorly. There are going to be the ones who give you advice on how to get better which be constructive criticism and then there will be the ones who just make fun of your work and try to put you down. You will know who those people are because you will feel a little discouraged by what they say. Do NOT listen to what those people say. They do not know what they are talking about and they are wrong! Chances are they probably know a lot less about Graphic Design then you do.

Just remember it is all about originality and most importantly, Never give up!

Always try to take inspiration from others work. If you see something made that you like, tell your self, how could I do something similar. See what you can do to make something similar, and always add your own touch! This is just a starting process to finding your Style of Graphic Design.

Finding your style, and I mean your own personal style may take awhile for some of you and then others it will come instantly. For those of you who can not find your style, do not give up because it will come eventually. I'd say it probably took me about 8-12 months to finally find the style I like and that is illustration.

I just hope some of you can get something from what I am telling you now in all this haha. I really hope I have managed to help some of you with Graphic Designing.

If anyone ever has any questions about anything involving Graphic Design feel free to message me!

ow gawd how can you type so mutch witout being bored? :o

• Downvote 5