new ways to buy MVP/VIP?

InSane

I do not know if somebody else already came up with this idea but here it comes:

You all know that the only 2 ways to get VIP/MVP is to pay via paypal or earn it from a contest (which doesn't happen too often).

How about adding more payment methods (if this is possible) like Paysafecard or VISA?

Especially for the *younger* audience who don't have a Paypal account because (at least in the Netherlands) you can buy Paysafecards is a lot of stores and you don't have to be 18+ for it.

Could you write your thoughts about this down in the comments.
kind regards,
InSane

• Upvote 7

PSC would work.

When I was running my website, which had the same premise as this one, I had the same payment methods as you have here and now, but there was also a way to pay with PSC. However, it required more steps, but with the according instructions, it worked fine. I don't see why it wouldn't work here as well. I'll suggest the idea to Classixz (I don't mean the basic idea, but how I and a friend of mine made it work on my website, and I'll credit you too).

• Upvote 1

This is a good idea if you ask me, i have the same problem. You probaly know since we've been friends for along time :D. But anyways this wouldn't hurt and I would even start donating more frequently because it's easier and I can just do it. Instead of going through alot of work before even getting paypal money. So I strongly recommend this

• Upvote 1

I heard about some Paysafe to PayPal thing, I have never tried something like that and because of it I cannot guarantee that the people trying them will get their money to PayPal.

yea I have heard of it too (but never tried) but even if that is legit the problem with transferring is that you will always get less than what you give e.g. $20 Paysafe=$17 paypal.

This is because Paypal gets a slight share of the money that they give to you.

So you basically give them the money and they (the paysafe to paypal service thing) will transfer less to your paypal account.

• Founder

Also, to create a PayPal account you don't need a credit card or any card at all.

In Sweden we got this ting called "SpendOn" it's a VISA or MasterCard that you can use to buy things on the internet, it's prepaid with any amount and you can use it for everything, even linking it to PayPal.

• Community Manager

Maybe would be nice to add SMS type or paying. You know lot of people are able only to send their credit out to the world :D So maybe more people who could buy easilyVIP/MVP. Or add option to "Ask your parents" -_-

• Upvote 1

Also, to create a PayPal account you don't need a credit card or any card at all.

In Sweden we got this ting called "SpendOn" it's a VISA or MasterCard that you can use to buy things on the internet, it's prepaid with any amount and you can use it for everything, even linking it to PayPal.

I know you don't need a credit card, you can just transfer money from your debit card to Paypal and i'm pretty sure that we (in the Netherlands) have something similar to SpendOn but my point is that it's easier to go to a gas station/random store and buy a Paysafecard and spend it than order a card which you can use to transfer money, also although you can simply transfer money from your debit card to Paypal I can imagine that a lot of people (mostly people under 18) are not allowed to spend anything on a mod where their parents don't even know anything off (my experience). 

What about purchasing Steam codes and using them as payment? The only problem would be that these would (in the end) be used by an individual, or a group of individuals, rather than it being money that you can use for anything (and not just Steam). Only reason I suggested this is because, in Saudi Arabia, I know they got something called CashU, and there you can find all sorts of codes, keys, etc... It would be so much easier if you could buy something like a code/key and then change it into another form of payment (i.e. $25 Steam code to $20 PayPal (as InSane said, PayPal gives you less money in the end due to it taking a cut)).

It is a good idea but we would have to find away to keep the servers up with just using the paysafecard money which is hard. But i get what you are saying guys and there are someways(Haven't tried a method yet but will do soon). Or I will find a server hosting website which allows buying a server with paysafecard money. Otherwise this would not have any other use than private use for Classixz himself (or anyone else who has acces to the paysafecard account) on steam. But I will do my best to find a possible solutiont and present it asap.