ZAM Workshop and "pre-quit solution"

Ramsy

2 ideas which I've shared with Classixz, and decided to share them here as well.

1. Most of you know that a lot of games on Steam have workshops, where anyone can submit stuff and, if it's good enough and voted for, it then gets added to the game. Best example is the CS:GO workshop. Now, what if ZAM had its' own workshop? It would be something like this: Classixz puts the weapon materials (in the form of images, customizable in Paint, Photoshop, whatever floats your boat) up on the website (so, downloadable content) and then anyone can download those images, customize them and then submit them. These materials would essentially be either parts of weapons (i.e. you select a weapon, such as the Spectre, and then you download parts of the gun, such as the handle, buck, etc...), or complete weapons (once again, take a weapon, but in this case you'd be downloading it as a whole). After having downloaded this, you'd be given the liberty of customizing the exterior look of the parts as you please. After having customized what you've download, you'd then simply submit it somewhere on the website and then, if it's good enough, it would be added to the game at some point (ofc, it would have to be both good-looking, but also something desired by the community). Now, for those of you that still don't get what I mean with customizing weapons, I'm talking about gun camos, and despite how good a gun camo can look even if you just take a single complete image and slap it on a gun, customizing your guns via this workshop would allow you to be much more detailed and place whatever you want, wherever you want. You'd be at liberty to take any weapon, whether that be an MPL, M40A3, a knife, or even a C4 and make it look unique. Indeed, the gun camos that are in ZAM already look good, but I personally do not see a single downside in this entire idea. Classixz said he likes it, and so do I. Also, I would kill to see a weapon looking like this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499423744&searchtext=Skyfire+Creep

2. Something really simple. When someone presses Esc and clicks Quit, before the: "Are you sure you want to quit?" message appears, there should be another message, saying something like: "WARNING: There are currently [number] zombies on the server. If you quit now, it means you are RAGE-QUITTING and you WILL BE BANNED! Are you SURE you want to leave?". However, the message should only appear if the person leaving is a zombie and there are either 10 zombies or less (so, the server would pick up the ammount of zombies, just like it does with the Rq-Logger). Furthermore, this message would appear first, and possibly then the standard one you get when you're about to quit.

• Upvote 4

ZAM Should move on from a Mod to a Game imo

I know that classixz can't make a game himself, and i understand that, but there are volunteers I'm sure.

Black ops 3 should be the last game for ZAM, then to advance and gain more players and fans it should become a game, even if free to play, it would be worth it of course for the first year or so, then when making a part two or updating the game engine or so it should start getting a price, but then people will buy obviously, because they know the game is good. Honestly, if this was to happen, the idea should stay the same, cades, classes etc.

But ye, a workshop would be cool af. Especially if zam becomes an actual standalone game, then loads of people will show of their design.

• Upvote 3

Well the infected game mode from mw3 was a blatent rip off of which at the time was ZEM, there are obviously people at infinity ward/ trey arch who have witnessed the mod, if you could get in contact with them somehow and open up a chapter of oportunities imagine how the community could grow, it's none of my business and nore do I know, but if you also include statistics of the mod in its history all numbers of which were done without any advertisements, then treyarch could see how well this type of thing could be to them. I don't know how many people have bought MVP and its none of my business, but if 100 people bought MVP. That's 1,500$. You go up to treyarch, show them your fan base and tell them how much money they can make from this.

I just got goosebumps from thinking about this. Then again it may also be a bad idea as A. black ops was treyarchs game and they might be offende by the amount of money you've made from it. B. They might take the idea as there own.

Idk it's cool to think about.

• Upvote 1

Also making camos is easy enough, and would be awkward to teach as you have to save the picture into a lot of different formats and move it through different programs. In-case you're all wondering to make camos you have a 2D flat image of all the parts of a gun disassembled (in your black ops folder in your C: drive under weapons) and then you simply overlay a design you wish to be the camo on the parts that you wish to have the design (the barrel of the gun light blue, the hilt dark blue)

• Upvote 1

Only problem I ever thought of in terms of how IW/Treyarch/other would react if they saw ZAM (or a mod like ZAM on another CoD game, for that matter) and saw all of the weapons from all different CoD (and other) games that are all in the mod. I know WaW has some sort of mod-it-as-you-please-and-however-much-you-want thing going on, but I'm not sure about BO1 (never really was, quite frankly). I know that the modding options are limited if you look at it and then compare it to a game such as WaW, but I don't really know much about their policies and rules in terms of what you are allowed to mod.