The Snipe and Knife mod

Classixz

- DSR-50 shots are silent
 - Tomahawks can't be picked up, like in ZAM
   *Gunter said he couldn't pick up Tomahawks, but you can pick them up when you have no killstreaks unlocked, so I'm guessing he had Warlord Pro unlocked.
 - you should make 4 (new weapon selection) work when you are in forced spectator mode (like in Headquarters, etc...)
 - 4 should also work when you're dead and viewing killcam
 - there's a typo in the game-mode selection menu - says Knifes, should say Knives
 - final information text lasts too short, unreadable
 - Scavenger perk gives your pistol ammo (MUST FIX)
 - possibly add the melee Bowie Knife sound effect from BO1 Zombies (would be a really cool addition to see, I'd love this)
 - all the info text stacks on one another, uncomprehendable
 - R700 killfeed icon is weird
 - running with the M40A3 is 100% silent for the player himself (you hear no footsteps of your own, running looks weird too; same issue was on FroZen's sniper mod)
 - ZAM's VIPs are VIPs here, but ZAM's MVPs are not MVPs here?
 - R700 seems just a bit too shiny (for me, anyway)
 - if you plan on adding in the anti-hs script, I suggest talking to LiQuid first, out of general courtesy, as he made it first; although, I'm sure both you and Rollonmath42 can make one too
 - if you use the ZAM Intervention, it'd be nice if you could add the MW2 thing where the full clip reloads if you shoot all 5 bullets and just take the clip out of the magazine holder of the gun (Rollonmath42 can explain how this works)
 - if it's in any way possible, add the extended killfeed feature (some MW3 servers offer this, extends the killfeed and allows double as many kills to be seen, looks awesome)
 - Jetpack should be a high killstreak + with every next progressing kill, you earn +10 percent jet fuel (my idea, supported by indy)
 - please add in Tactical Insertions
 - if they don't already, the custom killstreaks you get here should carry over to the next round if you stay alive (on CTF and such game-modes)
 - sometimes happens in CTF that you can't pick the Tomahawk up, even if you have only 1
 - Ballistic Bowie Knife or Ballistic Sickle Knife (random) as a high killstreak (gives it to you in a new weapon slot)

• Upvote 3

- there should be deathstreaks, for the really scrubby players and those that just need some help here and there; perhaps have them be increased speed, fast reloading and such things, at 10 and 10+ deaths in a row?

- perhaps include some sort of custom FOV slider or a menu which allows you to modify (especially increase) your FOV far more than you can do with standard BO1

- if possible, add the Ballista

• Upvote 1

Killstreaks?

25- Nuke

I am then k with everything else

now who the fuck will be first to get 25 kill streaks, guess we will just have to see.

- (if not already) fast reload, either a VIP perk, or something to be earned (maybe by joining ts).

- Already said this, but who will use a shitty knife, when they are always getting beat up by a Bowie knife. (maybe sometimes everyone gets a specific knife, how about this, knifes automatically change during the game game mode - Sharp shooter. (this makes it a lot more challenging and way more competitive). 

-Balance non VIP snipers a little more possibly? (not sure about names) but l96 compared to, what was "number 3" in the list was pretty shitty. (maybe increase bullets from 5 to 10 or scope in faster, more damage? just pointing out some idea we can implement into the mod.

Will suggest more ideas, and after some changes are applied to the game from the recommendations that we have made, we should do another test. 

OHHHH and bout the kill streaks ugh idk indy 25 seems pretty crazy, but hey we maybe get it couple of times every month.

• Upvote 1

- Already said this, but who will use a shitty knife, when they are always getting beat up by a Bowie knife. (maybe sometimes everyone gets a specific knife, how about this, knifes automatically change during the game game mode

I disagree. The whole point of the mod is to make things fun via random things, one of which is the ability of choosing your weapon per preference. But there is no reason to take out the standard melee knife. It's what we all got started on and I know for a fact that there's people out there who enjoy using it, despite the contradiction that arises once you take a look at the selection of knives the mod has to offer.

Furthermore, rather than removing weapons, you should think about what can be added into the mod to offer an even greater weapon selection. Idk who it was, but someone suggested there to be an M40A3 w/ ACOG. To that, I say - add that + the R700 w/ ACOG + the Silver Slicer from ZAM (when given thought, using the Silver Slicer vs people with other sorts of custom knives would still make things fun).

- Make it so you can pick up other snipers (not so much for the vip guns)

lets make that u can pick up even vip guns, i remember that u can in bo2 why not here;back in then when i was with ps3 i loved so much when i could kill some1 with peacekeper and then grab his gun.

but i think this could be the ts3 reward with the marathon pro

-as i said in the shoutbox when u reload there is a little time to wait (likely 0,4 sec) even if u have put the mag into the gun. this happens to some guns in normal bo too aaaaand i hate it.     i think its coz i do too many YY but plz...

Fixes that I went ahead and did tonight (that I can remember):

-Bots now get the proper weapons corresponding to gamemodes (before they could get an Intervention in knife only)

-Pistols can no longer receive ammo with Scavenger

-Reset class works while player is alive/dead (if you are in a killcam, it will not show the text saying that you will reset but it still works)

-Fixed issue where gamemodes would only give Tomahawk

-Vote times have been extended to 5 seconds instead of 3, final menu displaying results displays for 5 seconds now as well (may extend later on if it is still too quick

-R700 killfeed icon has the correct size

-B23R D2P anims (at least on my end) are now correct

-All Tactical Knife weapons now have the same stats when it comes to knifing (knife time, knife delay, charge [teleporting] range, etc.)

-DSR-50 has a temporary fire sound (Intervention atm, probably will add in DSR-50 sound I suppose from ZAM)

-Intervention reload add time has been set to work similarly in MW2 (on the reload animation when the mag is empty, the mag will be refilled when the player simply pulls back the bolt and pulls out the mag as it does in MW2)

-Knifes has been fixed to Knives (Ramsy the Grammar Nazi)

Plans for perhaps the next time I work on it (based on past experience, in about 5 months :P):

-Add in Locus (basically Ballista but better, from BO3 MP)

-Add in the fab three knives from BO1 SP (Prison [Vorkuta], Karambit, SOG)

-Make Storm PSR faster in terms of rechamber/reload

-Nerf VIP weapons (this one will probably be never)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

an empty pistol would be nice to be able to YY in snipe only gametypes and limiting the scope time to 1sec

- I agree on the pistol idea, just make sure that Scavenger doesn't refill it

- as I mentioned before, creating a properly functioning anti-hs script shouldn't be too difficult

• 2 weeks later...

now who the fuck will be first to get 25 kill streaks, guess we will just have to see.

- (if not already) fast reload, either a VIP perk, or something to be earned (maybe by joining ts).

- Already said this, but who will use a shitty knife, when they are always getting beat up by a Bowie knife. (maybe sometimes everyone gets a specific knife, how about this, knifes automatically change during the game game mode - Sharp shooter. (this makes it a lot more challenging and way more competitive). 

-Balance non VIP snipers a little more possibly? (not sure about names) but l96 compared to, what was "number 3" in the list was pretty shitty. (maybe increase bullets from 5 to 10 or scope in faster, more damage? just pointing out some idea we can implement into the mod.

Will suggest more ideas, and after some changes are applied to the game from the recommendations that we have made, we should do another test. 

OHHHH and bout the kill streaks ugh idk indy 25 seems pretty crazy, but hey we maybe get it couple of times every month.

i got 20killstreak, i think as first

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=537583296

Anyway nerf the dsr50 scope cuz its op as fuck and almost everyone uses it

and buff the scope time from all the other snipers

Add uu-k and uu-s on snife and add weekly clan wars (uuk vs uus)

Had a great first game it was rly cool until i left because we kept nuke town snipe 5 times straight. Cant wait to be on when more of you are playing :) Thanks rollon so much for making this happen, you to classixz and to everone else who helped.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/573440518184820627/75326A99EB07D54A883DB2B96350E9DF29A6161D/

1. If you select any of the VIP only sniper rifles, you will not get it, but you'll still spawn in (depending on the game-type, you'll either have an M1911 with no ammo or just a Tomahawk) and each time you die (after having selected said VIP only sniper rifle), you'll be forced back into the weapon selection menu, even if you didn't press 4 (that's what you press to choose new weapons after you die).

2. Might just be me, but I feel like the MSR has 100% noscope accuarcy (I've hit pretty much every noscope I've fired with it, and there's been a lot).

3. There's another VIP bug, but I will contact the developers about it.

• Upvote 1

1. If you select any of the VIP only sniper rifles, you will not get it, but you'll still spawn in (depending on the game-type, you'll either have an M1911 with no ammo or just a Tomahawk) and each time you die (after having selected said VIP only sniper rifle), you'll be forced back into the weapon selection menu, even if you didn't press 4 (that's what you press to choose new weapons after you die).

2. Might just be me, but I feel like the MSR has 100% noscope accuarcy (I've hit pretty much every noscope I've fired with it, and there's been a lot).

3. There's another VIP bug, but I will contact the developers about it.

I seem not to have the first problem that you talk about

• Classixz locked and unlocked this topic
  • Classixz unpinned this topic