What I think

Startune

Hello people of ZAM

It's been a long time since I've made a post like this. Recently there's been alot of arguements about the UU community. You have the side who is for the new system and the side who are against it. There's also been alot of talk about inactive UU members and admins.

So therefor I wanted to make this post. The headadmins have a couple arguements for why they should keep the new system. It's that there's one 'friends' group who has a problem with it. They are talking about my friendsgroup.

This is a ridicilous statement because it's not only us. UU is one group. One voice. One community... Right? If that's the case how come only a few people have the right to bring in new people. Saying but there will be only friends supporting friends makes me mad. Because it's more than that. The old system was good because you actually would have to stand out. Be someone. Help try to be nice, be liked and show that you're really commited to this community... I've asked why we use this new system. The awnser was that this is better and that they know what they are doing and we need to expand. Why do I ask? Why expand. So people got their goal of becoming a UU member which is 90% of the community and than leave. I mean where's Abel Nox? And Estima? Mudder fragger?? They reached that and *poof* their gone. With the new system it's about wether you play and know the rules. So everyone can get in. How come it became so easy? That's not the only thing. It's destroying the community itself. You're telling us that we're expanding. But you're only breaking it apart and shrinking it.

UU members used to have more than one job. Keep the servers clean from rule breakers (and help) and choose who was suited for UU members. I mean we were doing better back than had tons of applications and not 5 applications and 10 who are reposted. The people who didn't put time and effort in it we're rejected immidiatly. Friends of mine would go like ooh yea it took me 5 min than they would get rejected and blame the friendship thing. Well let me tell you this. I spend atleast a 45 min on my application. The applications I see now disgust me. They probably took less than 5 minutes to write. Like I said you had to be someone. Be a example not a follower. Be someone that people looked up to. I now just see people who are so lazy they just copy their previous application and get waiting for interview. 

I mean everyone looked up to indy. Look now I don't know who to look up to now anymore? The creator? Our headadmins? Don't get me wrong. I've got the most respect for classixz and everyone else, you're all great guys. But no ones perfect.. So how come that only 3 people can decide better than 14? I'm just saying why are we doing this. It's ruining our community and we need to go back to our old system in my opinion and I'm requesting that. 

Admins are there to give the final shots the interviews. But the members. The ones that took some weight of the admins shoulders to help choose who is to become a part of this beautifull but for now broken community.

You litterally removed a reason to play for members.. To judge and to form this community.

Greetings,

Startune.

• Upvote 5

we already have a crying topic why start an other one ffs... im not on any sides idc what happends ill just follow but im just tired of a strong clan like ours to argue on stupid shit like this, if class pat kevin anyone want to deside who gets in SO BE IT they are all adults that have been here for years and they have shown egnouf maturity and gain egnouf respect to know what to do and what to not do, you REALLY think if someone gets accepted they dint do it for a good reason? think about it

7 minutes ago, Startune said:

Hello people of ZAM

It's been a long time since I've made a post like this. Recently there's been alot of arguements about the UU community. You have the side who is for the new system and the side who are against it. There's also been alot of talk about inactive UU members and admins.

So therefor I wanted to make this post. The headadmins have a couple arguements for why they should keep the new system. It's that there's one 'friends' group who has a problem with it. They are talking about my friendsgroup.

This is a ridicilous statement because it's not only us. UU is one group. One voice. One community... Right? If that's the case how come only a few people have the right to bring in new people. Saying but there will be only friends supporting friends makes me mad. Because it's more than that. The old system was good because you actually would have to stand out. Be someone. Help try to be nice, be liked and show that you're really commited to this community... I've asked why we use this new system. The awnser was that this is better and that they know what they are doing and we need to expand. Why do I ask? Why expand. So people got their goal of becoming a UU member which is 90% of the community and than leave. I mean where's Abel Nox? And Estima? Mudder fragger?? They reached that and *poof* their gone. With the new system it's about wether you play and know the rules. So everyone can get in. How come it became so easy? That's not the only thing. It's destroying the community itself. You're telling us that we're expanding. But you're only breaking it apart and shrinking it.

UU members used to have more than one job. Keep the servers clean from rule breakers (and help) and choose who was suited for UU members. I mean we were doing better back than had tons of applications and not 5 applications and 10 who are reposted. The people who didn't put time and effort in it we're rejected immidiatly. Friends of mine would go like ooh yea it took me 5 min than they would get rejected and blame the friendship thing. Well let me tell you this. I spend atleast a 45 min on my application. The applications I see now disgust me. They probably took less than 5 minutes to write. Like I said you had to be someone. Be a example not a follower. Be someone that people looked up to. I now just see people who are so lazy they just copy their previous application and get waiting for interview. 

I mean everyone looked up to indy. Look now I don't know who to look up to now anymore? The creator? Our headadmins? Don't get me wrong. I've got the most respect for classixz and everyone else, you're all great guys. But no ones perfect.. So how come that only 3 people can decide better than 14? I'm just saying why are we doing this. It's ruining our community and we need to go back to our old system in my opinion and I'm requesting that. 

Admins are there to give the final shots the interviews. But the members. The ones that took some weight of the admins shoulders to help choose who is to become a part of this beautifull but for now broken community.

You litterally removed a reason to play for members.. To judge and to form this community.

Greetings,

Startune.

Your group is responsible for this entire argument.  Did you not come to us recently and say you were going to retire since you don't feel the pull for ZAM and UU anymore, now this? This is 100% on you guys, not the community. This "new" process has been active for some time now, but the moment someone you don't like gets accepted it's a problem.

Also, how exactly are you helping us by rejecting new players? If you feel UU is getting worse by getting bigger, that's your opinion shared mainly by your group. What you few are doing now is akin to holding a knife to our throats and saying "we don't like this because we don't like such and such". Giving you guys the power to accept or deny new members would be the same as shutting UU down.

Sorry for the harsh words, but honestly you all deserve it at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Community Manager

Good clan is made by people In there! It's really important to have clan mates that you can talk with, help each other, communitace without any restrictions, KNOW each other and when any problem comes out you must solve it as a one guy! Be team! And that's the f.... reason to let them decide who will be their other clan mate! 

You want clan big or you want to have all members satisfied and happy? 

• Upvote 8

Can everyone just stop fucking assuming that everyone in our friend group share the same opinion? I don't care if we use the new or old system. Do I prefer the old system? Yes. Because I enjoyed looking at everyones applications and voting yes or no. But as long as you make the right desicions I don't fucking care. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, stlmokevin said:

Your group is responsible for this entire argument.  Did you not come to us recently and say you were going to retire since you don't feel the pull for ZAM and UU anymore, now this? This is 100% on you guys, not the community. This "new" process has been active for some time now, but the moment someone you don't like gets accepted it's a problem.

Also, how exactly are you helping us by rejecting new players? If you feel UU is getting worse by getting bigger, that's your opinion shared mainly by your group. What you few are doing now is akin to holding a knife to our throats and saying "we don't like this because we don't like such and such". Giving you guys the power to accept or deny new members would be the same as shutting UU down.

This is not what we are doing. This might be our fault or not I'm not pointing any fingers what has been done so far at us. The whole time. And for once Kevin.. Could you quit saying because someone we don't like gets in. IT'S NOT THAT. I'm speaking for myself because as far as I know I've never seen a guy get promoted to UU that I don't like. And yes kevin I wanted to retire. I wanted to retire because I had the feeling I was useless and wasn't worth anything in this community. Alot of people don't understand that. Apparently you too. After trying to explain that to you. I had the feeling I had to do something. Help or change or figure out a solution to a problem. Thats why I stayed.

So far no ones asked us what we thaught of this new system and it was implemented. Than when we didn't want it anymore. Because we thaught about what was happening here is wrong. we told you guys and ever since you keep saying you're friendgroup (Sorry to say that our friendgroup consist of pretty much 75% of the UU community... ) is ruining us and blame us for the things we see different than you guys.

you wanna make UU bigger?? You're thinking wrong. You wanna make ZAM bigger.

UU is there to lead ZAM. And if you make UU bigger doesn't mean that you make ZAM bigger.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

we already have a crying topic why start an other one ffs... im not on any sides idc what happends ill just follow but im just tired of a strong clan like ours to argue on stupid shit like this, if class pat kevin anyone want to deside who gets in SO BE IT they are all adults that have been here for years and they have shown egnouf maturity and gain egnouf respect to know what to do and what to not do, you REALLY think if someone gets accepted they dint do it for a good reason? think about it

Blue yes.. But does that mean we don't get to say something when we think something is wrong? 

• Upvote 1

We don't need the old system that much but we need a solution. And if you cry about the amount of topics and tell us just to quit about and walk away than that's stupid because there's a problem here and we should work it out instead of put it away

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stlmokevin said:

I forgot to say, and I know that my opinion doesnt matter since im not a UU member, but mr. Kevin, why do you hate our group? Were just friends who play games together, I dont understand what you have against us. Luc has the right to say what he thinks, maybe we agree, maybe we dont, but dont you, sir, think its kind of stupid to blame this on all of us?

23 minutes ago, Garca said:

I forgot to say, and I know that my opinion doesnt matter since im not a UU member, but mr. Kevin, why do you hate our group? Were just friends who play games together, I dont understand what you have against us. Luc has the right to say what he thinks, maybe we agree, maybe we dont, but dont you, sir, think its kind of stupid to blame this on all of us?

Garca, I can tell you with absolute certainty that none of my statements have been about you; as I don't even know who you are. (Apart from the person who lets someone use his account occasionally.)

I don't hate anyone from that group. In fact I've gone out of my way to support every single person IN that group. The fact that they decided to push an agenda rather than discuss this topic is insulting to me and to the people who actually put in a lot of time in this community.

Just now, stlmokevin said:

Garca, I can tell you with absolute certainty that none of my statements have been about you; as I don't even know who you are. (Apart from the person who lets someone use his account occasionally.)

I don't hate anyone from that group. In fact I've gone out of my way to support every single person IN that group. The fact that they decided to push an agenda rather than discuss this topic is insulting to me and to the people who actually put in a lot of time in this community.

I made a mistake, I apologized, its not gonna happen again. Now, obviously, the best would be for me to stay out of this since this has nothing to do with me, but arent they discussing the topic right here? As far as I know, Luc and Emma were trying to discuss the topic with you in private aswell.

• Founder

In August 2015, 28 people applied. 1 got in.

Some familiar people applied and got rejected that month:

hiNCRtw.png

These people sure as hell did not deserve to join UU, no one wanted them in the clan? That's why all of them got rejected, no matter what they wrote on their application, as everyone was lazy enough to look at all 28 of them. I don't believe any member took a close look at all of the applications before making a vote.

And what you guys are referring to as a "New" system is is 4 months and 18 days old. It's not new, it's been here for a long time and complaining about it this long afterwards is really pointless. However changes can be made, but I will personally not do any changes without a community meeting and people to convince me that this system is not good enough.

2 hours ago, Startune said:

Well let me tell you this. I spend atleast a 45 min on my application. The applications I see now disgust me. They probably took less than 5 minutes to write. Like I said you had to be someone.

As you made an example of your self. Your 45 minutes application got you rejected Startune, and I think you know exactly why. However you did not give up and I'll give you credits for that.

My Yes vote wasn't worth enough. ag3wgOX.png

Well I guess it was "fair", I wanted you in UU but the clan itself didn't. So the clan decided.

2 hours ago, Frupissss said:

Good clan is made by people In there! It's really important to have clan mates that you can talk with, help each other, communitace without any restrictions, KNOW each other and when any problem comes out you must solve it as a one guy! Be team! And that's the f.... reason to let them decide who will be their other clan mate! 

You want clan big or you want to have all members satisfied and happy? 

As for you Frupiss, you are still not in UU, you even failed this new "simple" way of getting, even though you also gave the old systems a few tries and got rejected.

• Upvote 1

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, Classixz said:

In August 2015, 28 people applied. 1 got in.

Some familiar people applied and got rejected that month:

hiNCRtw.png

These people sure as hell did not deserve to join UU, no one wanted them in the clan? That's why all of them got rejected, no matter what they wrote on their application, as everyone was lazy enough to look at all 28 of them. I don't believe any member took a close look at all of the applications before making a vote.

And what you guys are referring to as a "New" system is is 4 months and 18 days old. It's not new, it's been here for a long time and complaining about it this long afterwards is really pointless. However changes can be made, but I will personally not do any changes without a community meeting and people to convince me that this system is not good enough.

As you made an example of your self. Your 45 minutes application got you rejected Startune, and I think you know exactly why. However you did not give up and I'll give you credits for that.

Reveal hidden contents

Well I guess it was "fair", I wanted you in UU but the clan itself didn't. So the clan decided.

As for you Frupiss, you are still not in UU, you even failed this new "simple" way of getting, even though you also gave the old systems a few tries and got rejected.

I'm not saying this to help myself In when I dont want to. I see this unfair for them so I can't tell you my opinion? Have you even told them they did good job this month? No only one thing you told us was Kinder did better job and you feel that It's ok when you know that fucking skid did normal amount of reports in count, he just pushed his self in few day gj and got trusted AND then demoted because he couldnt handle that. They are here much longer doing great job and you told them this shit. I'm not surprised they are doing It all because If they can't even decide on who will be their other team mate so how can they feel? 

43 minutes ago, Frupissss said:

I'm not saying this to help myself In when I dont want to. I see this unfair for them so I can't tell you my opinion? Have you even told them they did good job this month? No only one thing you told us was Kinder did better job and you feel that It's ok when you know that fucking skid did normal amount of reports in count, he just pushed his self in few day gj and got trusted AND then demoted because he couldnt handle that. They are here much longer doing great job and you told them this shit. I'm not surprised they are doing It all because If they can't even decide on who will be their other team mate so how can they feel? 

"I'm not saying this to help myself"  - You're certainly not helping yourself, so gg.

"Have you even told them they did good job this month?" - I think they know if they've done a good job this month, and don't need our reaffirmation month to month.

"No only one thing you told us was Kinder did better job and you feel that It's ok when you know that fucking skid did normal amount of reports in count, he just pushed his self in few day gj and got trusted AND then demoted because he couldnt handle that."  - Kinder out-reported many (including you) at his peek. Check the reports. We already discussed Kinder, but since you're clearly upset with the comparison I will reiterate that Kinder did great with reporting, but couldn't follow the rules himself. When we started receiving proof on a regular basis concerning him, he was demoted just like any member/staff would of been.

"They are here much longer doing great job and you told them this shit."  - plz

"I'm not surprised they are doing It all because If they can't even decide on who will be their other team mate so how can they feel?" - These people and this system was the reason you weren't accepted in the past Frup. Not sure you understand that..

• Community Manager
43 minutes ago, stlmokevin said:

"I'm not saying this to help myself"  - You're certainly not helping yourself, so gg.

"Have you even told them they did good job this month?" - I think they know if they've done a good job this month, and don't need our reaffirmation month to month.

"No only one thing you told us was Kinder did better job and you feel that It's ok when you know that fucking skid did normal amount of reports in count, he just pushed his self in few day gj and got trusted AND then demoted because he couldnt handle that."  - Kinder out-reported many (including you) at his peek. Check the reports. We already discussed Kinder, but since you're clearly upset with the comparison I will reiterate that Kinder did great with reporting, but couldn't follow the rules himself. When we started receiving proof on a regular basis concerning him, he was demoted just like any member/staff would of been.

"They are here much longer doing great job and you told them this shit."  - plz

"I'm not surprised they are doing It all because If they can't even decide on who will be their other team mate so how can they feel?" - These people and this system was the reason you weren't accepted in the past Frup. Not sure you understand that..

I'm pretty sure why I got rejected. But that is not reason why I'm joining this situation. My situation has nothing to do with new system. I'm looking on It like actuall members should have some rights to look and decide who will their new clan mate.

• Upvote 1

• Founder
I'm pretty sure why I got rejected. But that is not reason why I'm joining this situation. My situation has nothing to do with new system. I'm looking on It like actuall members should have some rights to look and decide who will their new clan mate.

Yeah and this thread is only about that, I have no clue what you're on about. I made a statement saying that the members of UU did not want you in, and clearly you did not like it. I also pointed out that you were not able to even join when the members of the clan had absolutely nothing to say about it, and still you're here complaining.

If you're not happy with the new way prism will deal with staff members, so why not go ahead and post your opinion there and not in this thread.

• Community Manager
36 minutes ago, Classixz said:

Yeah and this thread is only about that, I have no clue what you're on about. I made a statement saying that the members of UU did not want you in, and clearly you did not like it. I also pointed out that you were not able to even join when the members of the clan had absolutely nothing to say about it, and still you're here complaining.

If you're not happy with the new way prism will deal with staff members, so why not go ahead and post your opinion there and not in this thread.

Yep I'm done here sorry for this wasted time :)

On 4/18/2016 at 5:40 PM, Classixz said:

hiNCRtw.png

Reveal hidden contents

Classixz im going to speak for myself here, but im not sure if others think the way i do, i think that the new system isint as good as the old one, but it could be improved. I think in this graph thing, it shows Myself, Albel, Zombie, Luc, and Frupiss, all getting rejected into UU by a mile. but if you look deeper into things how long have we all been here, how long did we wait to try to get in? 100 questions to ask. I completely understand i got in because of the new system, but ive got a question to ask you.

This New system to me is floored in a way that it lets people into UU that im not necessarily saying shouldn't, but they would have to wait some time. (possibly even including me)

One thing that has amazed me by this new system is the fact that the amount of people who got in, after being here for 3 months ( some have been longer but only really talked to anyone for a few months. that's the part that gets to me, they have been here for 3 months, and it took me nearly 3 years. this isin't for all the new players because i know alot like myself, actually worked really hard and had been here for ages. it took me 3 years to get where i am at now, and the funnies joke is, I GOT TOLD I WAS TO YOUNG, when i first came here i was older than half of the newcomers into UU. they are like 10, act super immature, and above all seem to get into a clan by simply writing an app, doin interview and getting in.

I can say without a doubt it would of meant more to me to get into UU with the old system than what it meant to get into UU with the new system, and even with the new system it even feels more worse to get in because of how much people got in, at least half, definitely deserved it, eg George, Luc, Ramsy. But other definitely did not, For example not trying to pick on anybody but Zombiek9 and zombiekiller, the first time i ever talked to them was like a couple weeks ago. and god Zombiek9's mic frustrated me xddd. 

I'm not saying both of these guys would never have a chance but they got in like that, where as Myself, Luc, George had to wait how long???? Oh yeh a long time. I'm not saying this system cant work, but surely the members could have a say in who gets in?

The fact is you guys are being hypocrites, you remove UU-K and UU-S so that we can form one big clan, and so we are all as one, well at least that's what i was told? and now you are bringing in 10 year old kids that no one wants. there is no chance that that will benefit our community, it will cause more arguments, more groups to float out of ZAM, and its just not a good idea. I am glad that you guys put in your time to Interview these people, but surely enough us members have to have some kind of a say in this? I mean for one, we are the members, so we would know who's ready for owe position. 

Just please guys, take it into account, try and make a more fair system where the members have something to say about who comes into the clan. i guarantee you, if you guys said to us, yeh this guy seems pretty cool, you guys should try to get to know him, we would try, and he could be a future UU member, but even if it takes a bit longer for Him/Her to become a UU member it will be for the best, because it will give us a chance to get to know who the person is. and maybe even if we ( us UU Members, aside from Kevin,pat,Classixz) got a chance to talk to some people they could be future UU members. It will take less work off your back, ( trying to find new members) and it will also give us a chance to have a say in what goes on in our clan, the clan that we were brought into, the clan that i don't want to be ruined.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, BrEn! said:

Classixz im going to speak for myself here, but im not sure if others think the way i do, i think that the new system isint as good as the old one, but it could be improved. I think in this graph thing, it shows Myself, Albel, Zombie, Luc, and Frupiss, all getting rejected into UU by a mile. but if you look deeper into things how long have we all been here, how long did we wait to try to get in? 100 questions to ask. I completely understand i got in because of the new system, but ive got a question to ask you.

This New system to me is floored in a way that it lets people into UU that im not necessarily saying shouldn't, but they would have to wait some time. (possibly even including me)

One thing that has amazed me by this new system is the fact that the amount of people who got in, after being here for 3 months ( some have been longer but only really talked to anyone for a few months. that's the part that gets to me, they have been here for 3 months, and it took me nearly 3 years. this isin't for all the new players because i know alot like myself, actually worked really hard and had been here for ages. it took me 3 years to get where i am at now, and the funnies joke is, I GOT TOLD I WAS TO YOUNG, when i first came here i was older than half of the newcomers into UU. they are like 10, act super immature, and above all seem to get into a clan by simply writing an app, doin interview and getting in.

I can say without a doubt it would of meant more to me to get into UU with the old system than what it meant to get into UU with the new system, and even with the new system it even feels more worse to get in because of how much people got in, at least half, definitely deserved it, eg George, Luc, Ramsy. But other definitely did not, For example not trying to pick on anybody but Zombiek9 and zombiekiller, the first time i ever talked to them was like a couple weeks ago. and god Zombiek9's mic frustrated me xddd. 

I'm not saying both of these guys would never have a chance but they got in like that, where as Myself, Luc, George had to wait how long???? Oh yeh a long time. I'm not saying this system cant work, but surely the members could have a say in who gets in?

The fact is you guys are being hypocrites, you remove UU-K and UU-S so that we can form one big clan, and so we are all as one, well at least that's what i was told? and now you are bringing in 10 year old kids that no one wants. there is no chance that that will benefit our community, it will cause more arguments, more groups to float out of ZAM, and its just not a good idea. I am glad that you guys put in your time to Interview these people, but surely enough us members have to have some kind of a say in this? I mean for one, we are the members, so we would know who's ready for owe position. 

Just please guys, take it into account, try and make a more fair system where the members have something to say about who comes into the clan. i guarantee you, if you guys said to us, yeh this guy seems pretty cool, you guys should try to get to know him, we would try, and he could be a future UU member, but even if it takes a bit longer for Him/Her to become a UU member it will be for the best, because it will give us a chance to get to know who the person is. and maybe even if we ( us UU Members, aside from Kevin,pat,Classixz) got a chance to talk to some people they could be future UU members. It will take less work off your back, ( trying to find new members) and it will also give us a chance to have a say in what goes on in our clan, the clan that we were brought into, the clan that i don't want to be ruined.

#drama

Blue don't comment if you ain't got anything usefull to say and cry about us trying to figure out a way that we both feel satisfied with the solution. 

Bren thank you for agreeing on my standpoint and you said everything exactly as the way I felt. Probably even said it better.

• Upvote 5

• gart3 locked this topic