What I think

Startune

All this conversation has done in the past two days is drive a wedge in our community. Rather than coming to us with your problems, you all talked in private and decided you would try to force a change..   

The Community Meeting is Saturday. If you have something relevant to say, say it there.

I know that Startune good guy. But I did not expect this from him.:(

10 hours ago, Bradymanz said:

“I feel the reason we are all here, our purpose of being, is to help others find their little piece of happiness and heaven right here on earth.”  a425dc85ffe48e7305d0f1dac527bd44.jpg

Fine words my friend :) You would be a good philosopher ) )

20 hours ago, Startune said:

Hello people of ZAM

It's been a long time since I've made a post like this. Recently there's been alot of arguements about the UU community. You have the side who is for the new system and the side who are against it. There's also been alot of talk about inactive UU members and admins.

So therefor I wanted to make this post. The headadmins have a couple arguements for why they should keep the new system. It's that there's one 'friends' group who has a problem with it. They are talking about my friendsgroup.

This is a ridicilous statement because it's not only us. UU is one group. One voice. One community... Right? If that's the case how come only a few people have the right to bring in new people. Saying but there will be only friends supporting friends makes me mad. Because it's more than that. The old system was good because you actually would have to stand out. Be someone. Help try to be nice, be liked and show that you're really commited to this community... I've asked why we use this new system. The awnser was that this is better and that they know what they are doing and we need to expand. Why do I ask? Why expand. So people got their goal of becoming a UU member which is 90% of the community and than leave. I mean where's Abel Nox? And Estima? Mudder fragger?? They reached that and *poof* their gone. With the new system it's about wether you play and know the rules. So everyone can get in. How come it became so easy? That's not the only thing. It's destroying the community itself. You're telling us that we're expanding. But you're only breaking it apart and shrinking it.

UU members used to have more than one job. Keep the servers clean from rule breakers (and help) and choose who was suited for UU members. I mean we were doing better back than had tons of applications and not 5 applications and 10 who are reposted. The people who didn't put time and effort in it we're rejected immidiatly. Friends of mine would go like ooh yea it took me 5 min than they would get rejected and blame the friendship thing. Well let me tell you this. I spend atleast a 45 min on my application. The applications I see now disgust me. They probably took less than 5 minutes to write. Like I said you had to be someone. Be a example not a follower. Be someone that people looked up to. I now just see people who are so lazy they just copy their previous application and get waiting for interview. 

I mean everyone looked up to indy. Look now I don't know who to look up to now anymore? The creator? Our headadmins? Don't get me wrong. I've got the most respect for classixz and everyone else, you're all great guys. But no ones perfect.. So how come that only 3 people can decide better than 14? I'm just saying why are we doing this. It's ruining our community and we need to go back to our old system in my opinion and I'm requesting that. 

Admins are there to give the final shots the interviews. But the members. The ones that took some weight of the admins shoulders to help choose who is to become a part of this beautifull but for now broken community.

You litterally removed a reason to play for members.. To judge and to form this community.

Greetings,

Startune.

I do not think that the new system is worse than the old. 

I think we need new clan members . This does not necessarily have to be 14 year old boys . I understand that I am not an adult that would discuss it . But the clan need more people who are older than 16 years. 

I think that my opinion does not mean much . But everyone has the right to express their opinion? Do not judge strictly if I said something wrong

18 hours ago, Startune said:

The old system was good because you actually would have to stand out. Be someone. Help try to be nice, be liked and show that you're really commited to this community...

Well you were nobody, you were not nice, you didn't stand out at all, and nobody liked you according to your logic only Classixz and redbananz liked u :-(

2 people voted yes on your application with the old system, and 9 poeple voted no.

(and 5 people voted maybe, which is basically for the people who doesn't have the balls to say no)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stlmokevin said:

All this conversation has done in the past two days is drive a wedge in our community. Rather than coming to us with your problems, you all talked in private and decided you would try to force a change..   

The Community Meeting is Saturday. If you have something relevant to say, say it there.

This converstation is about our problems. Like I said. after trying to convince you guys to use the old system and faith trying to add in a new old improved system. Yet still you are claiming It is our fault and we did this. So maybe next time that we think that there's something that could be done different we'll just stfu about it so we don't create another "wedge". I get it. Because that's how the real UU members are.

1 hour ago, SayMeow :3 said:

SayMeow how am I a bad guy now. I didn't change all I did was try to show how we felt and tried to convince you guys but I guess when I do that I'm a "bad" person.

57 minutes ago, Griggs said:

Well you were nobody, you were not nice, you didn't stand out at all, and nobody liked you according to your logic only Classixz and redbananz liked u :-(

2 people voted yes on your application with the old system, and 9 poeple voted no.

(and 5 people voted maybe, which is basically for the people who doesn't have the balls to say no)

I than proceeded to try my best to become better and help out. I did a bunch of give aways and bought people MVP to help them out. That was the time that I was a douche and maybe I still am.

This converstation is about our problems. Like I said. after trying to convince you guys to use the old system and faith trying to add in a new old improved system. Yet still you are claiming It is our fault and we did this. So maybe next time that we think that there's something that could be done different we'll just stfu about it so we don't create another "wedge". I get it.

SayMeow how am I a bad guy now. I didn't change all I did was try to show how we felt and tried to convince you guys but I guess when I do that I'm a "bad" person.

50 minutes ago, Griggs said:

I than proceeded to try my best to become better and help out. I did a bunch of give aways and bought people MVP to help them out. That was the time that I was a douche and maybe I still am.

This converstation is about our problems. Like I said. after trying to convince you guys to use the old system and faith trying to add in a new old improved system. Yet still you are claiming It is our fault and we did this. So maybe next time that we think that there's something that could be done different we'll just stfu about it so we don't create another "wedge". I get it.

50 minutes ago, Griggs said:

triple post :P

7 minutes ago, Startune said:

You mentioned you had an issue with one person, then faith makes a post with a vote. No one else came out and complained about it previously Luc, that is a fact. If you guys discussed it in your private channels, that's one thing. This is another.  And if you* (Faith, Luc, Gunter, Moonbear, Emmaaa, Frupiss, lol)  didn't cause this argument, than who did? I don't appreciate being attacked for defending my position on things, and so I will continue to defend it. This was never a conversation for you, it was a ultimatum. It's like we need to change this or the EU squad is going to be upset. It has even been suggested that the EU folks should handle recruiting separately... Hilarious.

Man up and admit the only reason your upset is because 1-2 people you don't like were accepted, and stop trying to make it out like it's something else.

• Upvote 1

The thing is that we from the beginning were little bit upset that our power and opinion who should get in to UU was removed from us... Ye we can still leave comments on applications but it's not the same thing... I can't leave a comment and say why I don't want this person in UU because he is to young or that I don't like how he acts ingame... All I am trying to say is that I / we feel like we want to have some kind of saying in this, i'm not saying that we have to bring back the old system just a way where we can leave a vote or opinion so Kevin, Pat and Classixz can see what we think. Because we members see every player in a different way, people act different when admins aren't around.

This topic has gone to far, and I don't think everyone knows how much job and time it takes for Kevin, Pat and Classixz to read all the applications and interview people and that's why we shouldn't complain but this is our opinion about this and all we want is to be a part of choosing who is getting in or at least have a vote system so you guys can see what we think about the person. That's just my/our opinion and if you guys don't like that, then its fine but then you know our opinion.

I was gonna wait to say this on the meeting and I tried to say this in the staff channel the other day, but I feelt like I had to say something becouse I don't like this whole situation. :<  plz no hate i criii

*When I say we I mean Me, Emmaaa and Gunter.

• Upvote 7

triple post :P

You mentioned you had an issue with one person, then faith makes a post with a vote. No one else came out and complained about it previously Luc, that is a fact. If you guys discussed it in your private channels, that's one thing. This is another.  And if you* (Faith, Luc, Gunter, Moonbear, Emmaaa, Frupiss, lol)  didn't cause this argument, than who did? I don't appreciate being attacked for defending my position on things, and so I will continue to defend it. This was never a conversation for you, it was a ultimatum. It's like we need to change this or the EU squad is going to be upset. It has even been suggested that the EU folks should handle recruiting separately... Hilarious.

Man up and admit the only reason your upset is because 1-2 people you don't like were accepted, and stop trying to make it out like it's something else.

For god sake Kevin how many times do I have to tell you this. I have no problems with them. If I do tell me his name because as far as I'm concerned the only guy I had problems with is Gart3 and he and I are actually working together to fix this. If you keep just blaming this on me and my friends group saying oh yea you have a problem bla bla. than sure.  

Be mature try to make it into a bigger problem.

You're making this personal and people are seeing me as the bad guy. "Startune used to be a nice guy" thanks man! love it!

I've send you multiple times that this isn't supposed to be personal and if you feel like that this is the case than it wasn't my intention. you're talking about us ruining and breaking it apart. But all you have done so far is make it personal and blamed us and didn't even hear out what we said. You just held your ground and wasn't going with the friendly way. So sure be mature and say oh EU folks handle recruiting Hilarious is low bal just a quick tip classixz is also from EU but k. I guess american's are superior huh. So go ahead be mature and blame it on me and my friends. Make it nice and personal, because you love the new UU members don't you?

1 minute ago, Startune said:

For god sake Kevin how many times do I have to tell you this. I have no problems with them. If I do tell me his name because as far as I'm concerned the only guy I had problems with is Gart3 and he and me are actually working together to fix this. If you keep just blaming this on me and my friends group saying oh yea you have a problem bla bla. than sure.  

Be mature try to make it into a bigger problem.

You're making this personal and people are seeing me as the bad guy. "Startune used to be a nice guy" thanks man! love it!

I've send you multiple times that this isn't supposed to be personal and if you feel like that this is the case than it wasn't my intention. you're talking about us ruining and breaking it apart. But all you have done so far is make it personal and blamed us and didn't even hear out what we said. You just held your ground and wasn't going with the friendly way. So sure be mature and say oh EU folks handle recruiting Hilarious is low bal just a quick tip classixz is also from EU but k. I guess american's are superior huh. So go ahead be mature and blame it on me and my friends. Make it nice and personal, because you love the new UU members don't you?

lol

2 minutes ago, Startune said:

all you can answer now i guess

Well Luc, i'm at work right now if you'd like to know. But honestly, all I can do is giggle at your posts at this point. I'm done trying to prove my point to you. I know what I know and you know what you know. Trying to allude that i'm insulting Classixz is reaching, and I know you don't mean it. You keep quoting me and I'll keep responding. This will surely make things better! :/

Not sure how it will go for you in the future, if you have a job and a person you don't like gets employed then you will talk to everyone about leaving the job, that some other person will get employed as well, and just act all silly. Also when someone says to the employer that you are just moaing about leaving the job, you reply "mature, real fucking mature" xd

kidna funny tbh =)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Griggs said:

Not sure how it will go for you in the future, if you have a job and a person you don't like gets employed then you will talk to everyone about leaving the job, that some other person will get employed as well, and just act all silly. Also when someone says to the employer that you are just moaing about leaving the job, you reply "mature, real fucking mature" xd

kidna funny tbh =)

If you come TS than I'll explain about my resignation because the way you put this is really unlucky

And if you* (Faith, Luc, Gunter, Moonbear, Emmaaa, Frupiss, lol)  didn't cause this argument, than who did?

Its actually you who caused this whole situation to evolve into something big when you decided to move the topic to the public Kevin. :P

And I never wanted this situation to end like this because my topic was meant to improve things by voting and democracy. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Faith said:

Its actually you who caused this whole situation to evolve into something big when you decided to move the topic to the public Kevin. :P

And I never wanted this situation to end like this because my topic was meant to improve things by voting and democracy. 

I was asked to move it to the public Faith, though I definitely agreed with it. I think you knew keeping it member only would only benefit your cause as you had backing from your friends. This issue would effect everyone, so it's selfish of you to try to bottle-neck it in the member forums.

2 minutes ago, Faith said:

That worked so well in the past. I feel like we're just repeating things from yesterday at this point.

30 minutes ago, Startune said:

I'm concerned the only guy I had problems with is Gart3 and he and I are actually working together to fix this.

I feel it's time I put my two cents in. I'd hop that everyone reading this does so without bias, biases are what is causing this(biases towards or against our new UU members)

We need to realize that UU is a community, we stick together as friends, even if it doesnt always seem like it you guys are the best, you all together are what keeps the community running. 

But as with everything, not everyone has the same roles, I am talking about our head admins in particular. 

NOTE: I do not mean to start any more drama than is already happening, I want to give people some insight as well as my opinion on how to solve this.

Yes, the new UU members are causing a bit of an argument, but I think there are a few things that we aren't considering here. Classixz, Kevin, Grigzor, Pat, our head admins, we need to put our trust in them to make the right decisions for UU as a whole. If they believe that someone deserves a position in UU I don't think we should dispute it. They are the ones we put our faith in to help things run smoothly for us. If anything we should be thankful that they haven't implemented an app system similar to Zr

REAL ZR APPLICATION:

1. Do you have a computer? ensur ye plx

Am i saying our application system is perfect? No, nothing is perfect, but it works, and if we see flaws i think we need to work together as a community to fix them, I know were perfectly capable of doing so. I know this will be the hot topic at the next community meeting, but I hope we treat this all with respect and maturity, because arguing will not fix this. 

Also: I would like to hear what our newest UU members think of this issue, as it does concern them a great deal @ZoMbieK9 @NMAPLE12 @AndrewChaput

I'm not saying we NEED to change the voting system, I'm saying that things CAN be changed, and to do so, we need to work together. Thank you -gart3

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, gart3 said:

I feel it's time I put my two cents in. I'd hop that everyone reading this does so without bias, biases are what is causing this(biases towards or against our new UU members)

We need to realize that UU is a community, we stick together as friends, even if it doesnt always seem like it you guys are the best, you all together are what keeps the community running. 

But as with everything, not everyone has the same roles, I am talking about our head admins in particular. 

NOTE: I do not mean to start any more drama than is already happening, I want to give people some insight as well as my opinion on how to solve this.

Yes, the new UU members are causing a bit of an argument, but I think there are a few things that we aren't considering here. Classixz, Kevin, Grigzor, Pat, our head admins, we need to put our trust in them to make the right decisions for UU as a whole. If they believe that someone deserves a position in UU I don't think we should dispute it. They are the ones we put our faith in to help things run smoothly for us. If anything we should be thankful that they haven't implemented an app system similar to Zr

REAL ZR APPLICATION:

1. Do you have a computer? ensur ye plx

Am i saying our application system is perfect? No, nothing is perfect, but it works, and if we see flaws i think we need to work together as a community to fix them, I know were perfectly capable of doing so. I know this will be the hot topic at the next community meeting, but I hope we treat this all with respect and maturity, because arguing will not fix this. 

Also: I would like to hear what our newest UU members think of this issue, as it does concern them a great deal @ZoMbieK9 @NMAPLE12 @AndrewChaput

I'm not saying we NEED to change the voting system, I'm saying that things CAN be changed, and to do so, we need to work together. Thank you -gart3

I'd say i would agree with gart and my personel opinion is OH HAIL NAW

• gart3 locked this topic